Unpopular Video Game Opinions vol. 3000

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Live can't operate because it's trash and 2K poached their best developers. They've been repackaging the same base product - there's barely cost associated with it compared to real game. They don't even bother with server upkeep.

And on top of that, Live and EA absolutely ain't hurting for money. They've seen their profits climb for the past 4 years and only took a hit recently because their mismanagement with Star Wars created a conflict with Disney.

The reason animations are stuck in 2006 is because there's no competition and they know it'll sell regardless. Why even bother with a design or engine overhaul if people are willing to pay MORE for the privilege of buying a digital t shirt? No other community in the gaming industry rolls over the way sports fans do. They can't wait to get their pockets ran year after year. Publishers are happy to oblige.

Also the licensing thing works both ways. Of course Madison Square Garden can drive their price up because it's one of the most recognizable venues in the world. They can tell anyone to fukk off and pay more. Sleep Train Arena? Time Warner Arena? Whatever that dump in New Orleans is called - they sell low on purpose because like you said, advertising.

The games that set back development and back the issues you're talking about are the Lawbreakers, Evolve, Too Human, anything ever touched by Sega, and Battleborn types. Big budget games that try to do something different and die immediately.

2k doesn't pay for shyt except the stuff that'll make them more money. Their Dev time for the past three iterations was primarily spent on ways to monetize and pimp out their playerbase.

Lord Bison

Superstar
Daps
Duke Nukem Forever was lowkey fire. Nowhere near as bad as the reviews it got.

Mʀ2ᴋDᴇᴇᴢ

Licensed New Age Healer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
Maybe it's just me but most people seem not to enjoy Far Cry Primal and complained, copped it since it's on sale & I'm not seeing why exactly folks don't enjoy it :yeshrug: . I been fukking the game up all day lol.

First time I ever played a game in the series though

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
NG+ and most of sidequesting doesn't add anything that much of value to a game.

The KH series is a fun series but the story could of definitely been less convoluted.

YS series > Dark Souls :yeshrug:

larsattack

All Star
Daps
The demand for a final fantasy VII remake was more of a meme than a literal desire.

Dank Hill

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Maybe it's just me but most people seem not to enjoy Far Cry Primal and complained, copped it since it's on sale & I'm not seeing why exactly folks don't enjoy it :yeshrug: . I been fukking the game up all day lol.

First time I ever played a game in the series though
This is why. Far cry for the most part has been a copy and paste job since 3

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps
These threads always come down to "All highly touted games are trash and boring." :pachaha:

True....and I'm about to ADD to that sensibility, because

TLOU is not that good
YEP.

And TLOU2 is so overrated by cats on this site that it's not even funny. Graphics are great, but the story is wholly overrated as hell.

Also...zombie games fukking suck (even though, again, Days Gone is visually fiye). It's like the lazy man's resort in creating a video game, "just throw some zombies in there to compensate..."

Last edited:

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps
TLOU and Witcher 3 are cac trash games...they are only popular because white people identify with the characters cause they are characters all white people wish they could be in real life...swap out joel and elle color palette and change their names to anything ethnic and that game doesn't sell very much...
Agreed.

(I got no issues with Witcher 3, though)
:hubie:

IgnorantDwayneWayne

NC Pleighboy
Daps
It’s always so weird to ppl calling certain games “ cac trash and only popular because white ppl identify with the white characters..” when literally 95% of games from the beginning of time star a white person lol. Feels like low key console stanning :mjlol:. It’s never halo/gears/zelda/smash bros/ most third parties being called white power fantasies lol. Coli logic tho.

- racing/sports/ufc/br’s/flight simulators are all trash to me.