Unpopular Video Game Opinions vol. 3000

hotbeezie

Go Dawgzz!!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
I can’t ever get hyped for Metal Gear or Resident Evil games.

I don’t feel like playing through Nioh but I wanna know what happens next.Honestly, I don’t need a game to hold my hand but I’m not really feeling games that are hard for the sake of being hard.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Short games >>> long games

Give me a tight 8-12 hour experience over a 30-60 hour behemoth. Some long games are paced well and hold up over that time period, but usually by the end I'm just waiting for it to be over.

Linear games >>> open world games

There's typically better level design and pacing in linear games.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
Short games >>> long games

Give me a tight 8-12 hour experience over a 30-60 hour behemoth. Some long games are paced well and hold up over that time period, but usually by the end I'm just waiting for it to be over.

Linear games >>> open world games

There's typically better level design and pacing in linear games.
aUgE0.gif

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
PS3 is the worst designed system of all time *. I hate how slow the UI is, every issue I have with it was corrected in the ps4 release.

*Does not count the Jaguar

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Demanding better and better graphics will be the death of the industry.

The cost of video game production is too high anyways, it's only gonna get worst with the micro-transactions, pushing unfinished games out, to pay for all these advances.

Ex. NBA 2K is a bloated mess of a game all in the name of showing the sponsors with storylines and all these cut scenes.

Who the hell wanted a RPG MyPlayer?

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
ME:A did not sell well primarily because cacs thought there weren't enough white people in it

DA: I is one of the top 25 games....EVER

Funny you post these back-to-back

I disliked ME:I before I played DA:I for the first time...after playing it I hated ME:I because the only thing good about it is the stuff it took from DA:I. I love that game (on my 3rd playthrough).

The way that game was made shows Bioware is dead; it was more about the shooting mechanics and driving than the character and story. DA:I was made tthree years earlier, looks better and is far more engaging. It was my first DA game and I am a ME stan. I didn't give a damn about anything going on in Andromeda. That game is a horrible game for the series.

But, after playing Trespasser, I'm like :lupe: at the idea of DA4 (which my die after Anthem flops).

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Demanding better and better graphics will be the death of the industry.

The cost of video game production is too high anyways, it's only gonna get worst with the micro-transactions, pushing unfinished games out, to pay for all these advances.

Ex. NBA 2K is a bloated mess of a game all in the name of showing the sponsors with storylines and all these cut scenes.

Who the hell wanted a RPG MyPlayer?
2k is like the worst example of this lol

they make stacks of money giving people the same shyt for over half a decade and those same people are happy to throw their money away, sign up for their mobile apps, and sit through advertisements. its like the perfect example of how to completely run pockets because of a lack of competition and consumers being cucks.

and they'll preorder the deluxe collectors edition for next years game too - when the biggest feature is some shyt they had back in 2008 under a different name.

industry is more profitable than ever. the narrative that theyr'e struggling and need more money to save money is republican as fukk :mjlol:

Pure Water

Superstar
Daps
The Switch is mediocre and graphics are VERY important.

Medieval RPGs need to die.

Also. Mass Effect 1 is garbage. There I said it. :yeshrug:

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
2k is like the worst example of this lol

they make stacks of money giving people the same shyt for over half a decade and those same people are happy to throw their money away, sign up for their mobile apps, and sit through advertisements. its like the perfect example of how to completely run pockets because of a lack of competition and consumers being cucks.

and they'll preorder the deluxe collectors edition for next years game too - when the biggest feature is some shyt they had back in 2008 under a different name.

industry is more profitable than ever. the narrative that theyr'e struggling and need more money to save money is republican as fukk :mjlol:

If Live tried to operate like 2K, they'd go broke.

2K is doing fine, but, the game is designed around the sponsors. And all those stadium licenses can't be cheap. I remember when they were calling the Garden "Knicks Arena."

No, videos games are getting crazy to make. And the reason there is no comp is becasuse Live would have to pack the game with microtranactions to compete.

There's a reason the animations like stuck in 2006 (main reason I won't buy it).

The profit margin demands are killing the industry.

No, the video game industry isn't broke, but, the more they spend, the more they want to make.