Unpopular opinions: black community/ black people edition

Jatigi

Flagrant Hater
Daps
Reppin
The Souf
When African Americans realize that Africans are taking all of their ‘minority’ positions, black Americans won’t have any unity. Especially since Africans will make up a significant portion of the US black population by 2050
I seriously doubt that affirmative action will last that long.

DON MA MA

Midnight
Daps
Reppin
TEXAS
He won.

The white man won.

Yes, in the short run. But as we all can see their winning streak may be coming to a halt within the next 50 yrs.

Another unpopular opinion, we as a people can win this battle the day we decide to. Black ppl are the literal manifestation of "You can do anything you put your mind to". But CULTURALLY our liberation isn't promoted. So I ONLY have this opinion of us not reaching that point because being CONTENT is. I believe in us but I also know who we are now.

Memorial Stadium Piru

WE BYKE BABY
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Big Red
You're right, our MOMENTS of peace and tranquility currently are worth more than actual liberation. Whether we admit it or not collectively. The revolution class in America is currently being pacified by Govt. assistance. This prevents them from being hungry, enough. This prevents them from being angry, enough. No different than "providing" for their slaves.

I'm no big bad second coming of Malik Shabazz but even studying the French & Haitian revolutions you can see how America has really researched how to make you willingly trade your collective liberation for their oppression and it's trinkets.

He won.

The white man won.
Brehs, we all want freedom from WS. The problem is death is PERMANENT, I'm pretty sure there's people willing to fight, but it's not guaranteed that we will win & you will lose your life in the process of the loss and STILL might lose your life in the process of the win, but you'll get a memorial & a recognized holiday. Look at Nat Turner, Gavin Johnson & Chris Dorner.

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
The monolithic view of blackness by some folks is low-key contributing to the influx of the blacktivity types.

A lot of black professors/teachers in academia undervalue their presence in their fields, you are more than a teacher.

A sizable portion of nerdy cats have definitely been through traumatizing experiences, and i definitely get their visceral reactions. But y'all cut them from all the same cloth.

A lot of y'all have this perception that these other groups are on code and have it all together, They don't. It just looks like that cause y'all aren't in those community or/and around those people for long enough.

I feel like a lot of black artists really love Basquiat aesthetic aspire to be like him. but they don't really get who that man actually was. They love the ability to navigate through white spaces and at their tables but they know nothing of him.

How does it create an influx of Blavity?

Henri Christophe

Son Of Afrika
Daps
Reppin
NYC / Royaume d'Haïti
Brehs, we all want freedom from WS. The problem is death is PERMANENT, I'm pretty sure there's people willing to fight, but it's not guaranteed that we will win & you will lose your life in the process of the loss and STILL might lose your life in the process of the win, but you'll get a memorial & a recognized holiday. Look at Nat Turner, Gavin Johnson & Chris Dorner.

I feel you

But its not about us

Its about the babies coming next :mjcry:

Part of why I dont want kids is cause this society's views on black men is so fukked

Cant bring a young boy into this bullshyt

:mjcry:

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
expand pls?
I'm on a mobile so bare with me:

Often times we define ourselves as the opposite of what Whites are doing.

- Whites were on that heroin chic chick look in the 80s- 90s, we started embracing our curves more then ever. They ran political campaigns on stopping urban decay, arguably some of our best cultural Arts venerated 90s urban life.

- Knowing and using a large vocab on a daily is considered "acting white"

- Being a fan of ASIAN animation is considered acting white.

- As some posters pointed out, many young black boys are taught to act "tough/like a man" and criticized harshly for failing to meet that standard.... In a WS society when a 10 year old black boy is considered maturer than kids of a lighter complexion. Or a 25 yr old white man with a mortgage is called a "kid"

- Watch the second to last 2 episodes of Atlanta season 2 to see how our unwillingly/unknowning acceptance of WS discourages our racial unity and encourages our self-destructive, appearance obsessed culture.

- Us expecting a black athlete to our perform a non black one solely because of color...this kind of reasoning is why we were enslaved, why some med school students believe we have an extra leg bone, why they shot us up with syphilis in the 50s, why Drs statistically give our less pain medicine to blacks compared to whites. We've adopted many "facts" created from scientific racism. The new one is a remix of what's called telegony, a belief that women retain past partners dna aka protect our white women clause.

- Hoteps routinely talk about a day when we will enslave whites and take their women, like they did to us. I even recall a coli breh post a video where some woke clown cited Hitler to expose the truth about Jews. In one breath the white man is the devil in the next, you telling me to move like them?

im_sleep

Superstar
Daps
- We gotta spread out more instead of bouncing around looking for the next “Mecca”. IMO creating numerous small-medium population Black enclaves and investment into existing ones is better than mass migration of talent and resources to a few central locations.

- We need to stop expecting multi-million dollar athletes and entertainers to be fully invested in our best interests as a whole

Eddy Gordo

Banned
Supporter
Daps
There is no good reason not to pawg paag or ect.

It's disgusting the way black folks don't value education

Any real black renissance is gonna involve leaving a whole lot of folks behind. And black folks ain't got the heart to do it.

The majority of black culture presented in the media is toxic. The music, food, values, and politics in our community is bad for us and a major reason we behind collectively.
We literally need to rebuild the culture from the ground up.

Nikkas marching and protesting is behind the curve and wasting they time.

I'm a millennial and for whatever generation raised us. Y'all raised a generation of bytches. Straight bytches.

The black community takes pride in a bunch of bullshyt due to low self esteem as a collective.

Abortions did a favor for the black community between 70s and late 90s.

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
You're right, our MOMENTS of peace and tranquility currently are worth more than actual liberation. Whether we admit it or not collectively. The revolution class in America is currently being pacified by Govt. assistance. This prevents them from being hungry, enough. This prevents them from being angry, enough. No different than "providing" for their slaves.

I'm no big bad second coming of Malik Shabazz but even studying the French & Haitian revolutions you can see how America has really researched how to make you willingly trade your collective liberation for their oppression and it's trinkets.

I been peeped this

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA
- We need to abandon the black church, it has done nothing for us

- We need to stop having kids before being married

- We have to stop glorifying ignorance/promiscuity in our music, tv shows and culture and promoting it

- Stop ostracizing black people that do things outside of the "nikka box"

- Stop just letting every other race into our culture so easily

- Start accepting that a good amount of black people are a lost hope and there's nothing you can do for them

@OffHalsted

The 100s LochNess
Daps
Reppin
- We need to abandon the black church, it has done nothing for us

- We need to stop having kids before being married

- We have to stop glorifying ignorance/promiscuity in our music, tv shows and culture and promoting it

- Stop ostracizing black people that do things outside of the "nikka box"

- Stop just letting every other race into our culture so easily

- Start accepting that a good amount of black people are a lost hope and there's nothing you can do for them
:gucci:nikka we need to take back the Black Church from the government & these fake preachers.. Prior to the 80s the Church was on the front-lines of a lot of Black Causes..

Civil Rights,Deacons of Defense, etc..

Even small town Churches was on it
517d1e872719094.jpg

The Black Church was infiltrated in the 1970s....The Black Church done a lot for us

Nintendough

#Kliq
Daps
Reppin
Eagles, Canes, Kliq, Sixers
Stop protecting predators in your family. The molester uncle, the touchy feely cousin, the one in the fam with multiple baby moms who stays being physically abusive to all of them. Cut that shyt out. Stop all that let it go, you gotta forgive and forget shyt. If you got a predator in your family, cast them out and rebuke them.

Daps
- We gotta spread out more instead of bouncing around looking for the next “Mecca”. IMO creating numerous small-medium population Black enclaves and investment into existing ones is better than mass migration of talent and resources to a few central locations.

- We need to stop expecting multi-million dollar athletes and entertainers to be fully invested in our best interests as a whole
There’s power in numbers. What your suggesting is what we’ve been doing or attempting to do and is why we still don’t own the businesses in our own communities, it’s why we have to move to white areas to provide our kids with a white picket fence upbringing, it’s why other races can takeover our neighborhoods so easily, it’s why we have no political power relative to other groups