Unpopular opinions: black community/ black people edition

Dameon Farrow

Superstar
Daps
Thinking your 17 or 18 year is grown and ready to be in the world after they graduate high school.
This shyt is terrible. A part of me feels bad for wondering what my life could have been if I'd gotten more support from my folks shortly after high school but it's something I think about from time to time. I'm past being resentful about it but I just wonder you know?

But many parents just want the child out of the house and out of their pocketbook. Case closed end of discussion. This goes back to parents resenting their children and feeling they held them back financially. I have such strong opinions about this shyt it deserves its own thread........

Resenting your kids isn't something you use in conversation though......actions speak louder than words though.

J-Fire

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But is it really better lol? I wasnt impressed with NYC pizza. It was good—don’t get me wrong, but I like Chicago pizza better. Everyone was hyping up nyc pizza, and every time I visited(my sister lived there), was never as impressed as I wanted to be.

tell ya Chicago guy to use NYC water....the dough will probably cook better and taste even better all things remaining the same. Maybe chi has neutral water too so it comes down to the other ingredients. I said all things remaining the same the NYC water based pizza and bagels come out better.

if a NYC pizza guy goes to Jersey and makes the pizza the same way it will not taste the same and the dough will not bake the same cause the PH is different.

Dameon Farrow

Superstar
Daps
The Democratic Party doesn't give a fukk about you
But gives more of a fukk than the Republicans. Outside of those two hang it up because they hold all the cards politically and have for hundreds of years. These third parties are wayyyyy behind and a lot of folks are in denial about that fact.

Abandon the Democrats entirely and you get Republicans everywhere. Your ass will miss the so called 'not give a fukk' Democrats then. If you're looking for some party of cater to us we can start our own but, once again, centuries behind. Don't expect to have a lot of clout right out of the gate. That's gonna annoy a lot of folks who will expect shyt to pop off immediately.

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This shyt is terrible. A part of me feels bad for wondering what my life could have been if I'd gotten more support from my folks shortly after high school but it's something I think about from time to time. I'm past being resentful about it but I just wonder you know?

But many parents just want the child out of the house and out of their pocketbook. Case closed end of discussion. This goes back to parents resenting their children and feeling they held them back financially. I have such strong opinions about this shyt it deserves its own thread........

Resenting your kids isn't something you use in conversation though......actions speak louder than words though.

I'm with you! I remember when I was earning my masters and many of my classmates said they still live at home with their parents or their parents provided them a house no lie. And that they will continue to do so until they get into their careers and or be able to provide for themselves. Imagine how much easier life was and will be for them and their children. That's an extreme cushion to have.

Dameon Farrow

Superstar
Daps
I'm with you! I remember when I was earning my masters and many of my classmates said they still live at home with their parents or their parents provided them a house no lie. And that they will continue to do so until they get into their careers and or be able to provide for themselves. Imagine how much easier life was and will be for them and their children. That's an extreme cushion to have.
I knew dudes in school who were living in apartments paid for by their parents. They were able to take money that would have normally been spent on that and put it towards paying for school. That much less debt to have to contend with. In the end, it saves everyone money. But some folks don't care about future savings. And I realize some folks can't afford to do extra for their kids. In my case I knew mine could have because they were buying shyt for themselves left and right. I love them to death but it really kinda boils my blood. But it is what it is and I did the best I could with what I had. That's the Struggle right?

College debt is nuts. I don't think a lot of people understand how ridiculous of a cloud college debt is for a lot of folks.

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I knew dudes in school who were living in apartments paid for by their parents. They were able to take money that would have normally been spent on that and put it towards paying for school. That much less debt to have to contend with. In the end, it saves everyone money. But some folks don't care about future savings. And I realize some folks can't afford to do extra for their kids. In my case I knew mine could have because they were buying shyt for themselves left and right. I love them to death but it really kinda boils my blood. But it is what it is and I did the best I could with what I had. That's the Struggle right?

College debt is nuts. I don't think a lot of people understand how ridiculous of a cloud college debt is for a lot of folks.

Frfr! All of it is true.

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
Could never stand Whitney’s Version of “I Will Always Love You.” Dolly Parton’s original is far more superior. :mjpls:

Yes. I get it. Whitney had an incredible voice but it doesn’t always mean “better”. When Dolly was singing it, you could hear the vulnerability in her voice over losing a lover. With Whitney, it was just a power ballad (which I’ve never been a fan of).

I brought this up because I heard Beyoncé’s version of Jolene. Again, same criticism I had for Whitney’s Dolly Parton cover. It didn’t add or recreate the song. Just a basic cover at best.

Womb Raider

movin' thru the city streets
Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
Black ppl love to make shyt harder for each other.

There is an epidemic of broken black men/women who are on a personal mission to break other ppl.

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
AAs will never be buddy buddy with most other diaspora groups but that doesn’t mean we can’t do business together or come together under the banner of blackness when warranted but the notion of us all forfeiting our group identities to just be black is bullshyt. Nobody else is going to do that so we need to embrace ourselves
6 years ago. Look at how poignant this post is now. :wow:

Last edited:

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
  1. Reparations in the form of a "check" or other purely monetary compensation would have potential to be disastrous; considering the institutional racism that has brought about a disturbing lack of financial literacy among many of us, that money would be subject to many risky decisions. The racist ghosts of america would be effectively given the escape to wash their hands of the still prevalent effects of historic racism and be able to say, "well, we gave you reparations, shut the fukk up." No, reparations, should, by and large, be in the form of a complete and expensive overall of our educational institutions available to us, loan options and lenient interest rates, loan forgiveness, property ownership subsidies, etc.
  2. There is no agenda to feminize black men at all.

3. Jewish people are not an enemy of black people. Does that mean there aren't racist and exploitative jewish people? No, of course there are. But any claims that jews as a group are conspiring against black people and the world is just white supremacist conspiracy theory.

07055d75-5b54-431f-8548-59b4270592bc_text.gif

You were right on most points apart from those three. But maybe you’ve changed your opinion in the six years since.

1. Cut the check. Never mind how some of us spend the money. If it done frivolously so be it. No one mandates what other groups should do with their reparations. We’re not babies. Let us do what we please with it. Monetary reparation or nothing.

2. You have to be wilfully obtuse to not see it. Granted, I don’t believe this agenda is exclusive to black men but we seem to be at the forefront of it.

3. It has always been an exploitative “relationship” when it comes to the so called Jews and the black community.

They’ll harp on about ‘helping’ us during the civil rights movement, but will overlook how they’ve left many black artists destitute in the music business, have redlined many black residents, have contributed to gentrification.

And the moment you point out that they are over represented in these positions, especially when it comes to black culture, they’re quick to call you an anti-Semite. How can HipHop be controlled by mainly Ashkenazi Jews when its origins is from black culture?

Don’t give me this “it’s everyone’s culture” BS, because they’re very protective of their culture and traditions. If black folk financially controlled almost every aspect of their culture, there would be an uproar.