Unpopular opinions: black community/ black people edition

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
The monolithic view of blackness by some folks is low-key contributing to the influx of the blacktivity types.

A lot of black professors/teachers in academia undervalue their presence in their fields, you are more than a teacher.

A sizable portion of nerdy cats have definitely been through traumatizing experiences, and i definitely get their visceral reactions. But y'all cut them from all the same cloth.

A lot of y'all have this perception that these other groups are on code and have it all together, They don't. It just looks like that cause y'all aren't in those community or/and around those people for long enough.

I feel like a lot of black artists really love Basquiat aesthetic aspire to be like him. but they don't really get who that man actually was. They love the ability to navigate through white spaces and at their tables but they know nothing of him.

MyMindWarpsandBends

33119 AllMoneyIn4Ever
Daps
Until we as a people learn to trust each other we will always be divided. I can’t think of another race that routinely takes advantage of each other like us. We will rob, kill, and steal from each other before we will ever help each other because we see each other as the enemy. It’s hard to try to reach out to black folks to help because the possibility of getting taken advantage of is so high. I wonder if we’ll ever be able to overcome this part of our culture

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
- Black Americans swear by White supremacist views that was sold to us hundreds of years ago. You can see it in how we view ourselves, how we present ourselves and even in how we resist Whites supremacey. There's a reason why some Hoteps adopt WS rhetoric to criticize Blacks and Whites.

- The majority of Black Americans do not care about race politics as long as it doesn't infringe on their "wealth"; this circles back to buying into WS beliefs like the American Dream.

- Black Americans will not survive this century. It won't be because of Black on Black crime or White on Black crime. Our culture or what's accepted as culture will do us in. " Blackness" will be regulated to subject akin to a subculture like "Goth". Act and look a certain way and yourey in.

I'm sharing this :salute:

KamikazePilot

Superstar
Daps
  1. More black people should invest and migrate in the Midwest and Western United States (not the west coast) there's a lot of land there for cheap and I think we can make some pretty nice communities
  2. Stop using "Bed wench" as it's offensive to the woman who were raped
  3. We need to start getting married before we have chlidren
  4. Most black people just want a seat at the white mans table
  5. Black nerds just want white people or they'd date each other

skokiaan

African original
Daps
Reppin
One Africa
And the financial burden. The amount of their income they set aside for weed is uncanny. You go into their apartment. Their home profile is as follows:

- mattress, no frame
- trash bags used as laundry bags
- 2 bedrooms and a living room, but only 1 TV
- no food in the fridge, and definitely to meats/produce. Everything is boxed
- 2 pieces of furniture in the living room
- at least 2 Bills in the red

That's because they put weed ahead of everything else.

Weed may not be addictive, but it damn sure is destructive.
i get your point and you are right, however i think you should not have more than 1 TV set in a household, this will give people a chance to atleast grab a book and learn something new when in other rooms within the house. TV already poison as it is.

there should be space in the living room, nothing comes good from a living space full of clutter. there should be enough space with adequate airflow to accommodate multiple people.

10:31

Superstar
Daps
-treating you kid harshly or "tough love" to get them use to how the world treats them as a black person isn't acceptable (happens in my family) .

- black nerds (men and women) date out because they like white people not because nobody black was checking for them.

- the black community is backwards, it raises little girls to be strong and boys to be effimenate and emotional.

- the media (rappers and cardi bs)does effect how kids act and who they want to bed .

- most black people who were raised without fathers won't know how to be one unless they had a strong male influence.

- most pro black people in the media overcompensate because they know they secretly love white people hence why the love interest is barely ever black.

There’s a lot of homosexuality going on in the black church

shyt is like wild fire..

Nothing against my gay brothers and sisters but everyone likes to front like it’s not happening

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
  1. The most underrated cancer affecting the ability for black people to move as a collective is the bully nature of polarized thought; genuine questions & inquiries of ignorance are met w/ threats of ex-communication and accusations of treason instead of education. Ex. "Sorry, y'all, I'm trying to understand but why isn't black on black crime a valid counter point to our cries for better policy and societal change?" A question like this, which can be countered in a mature answer is almost never met w/ genuine concern for a fellow black person's ignorance and almost always met w/ "You fukking c00n!" That's destructive.

2. The use of the terms bedwench, buck & house negro are some of the most offensive disrespects of our history that we can conjure up. Implying that those of our ancestors enthusiastically volunteered to be raped & subjugated is disgusting.

3. Further, assuming every black man or woman who is in a relationship w/ a nonblack person is automatically treasonous is very simple minded. A better argument would be if there was evidence that the said black person fetishized the non black race or culture.

1. It's fukked up to gloat or celebrate the death of non blacks b/c of a feeling of resentment.

2. There is no agenda to feminize black men at all.

3. Jewish people are not an enemy of black people. Does that mean there aren't racist and exploitative jewish people? No, of course there are. But any claims that jews as a group are conspiring against black people and the world is just white supremacist conspiracy theory.

You're a c00n based on these points.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
You're a c00n based on these points.
My man. :salute:

I lowkey wouldn't have been able to make my point unless a breh came through & showed evidence of point 1.

In a thread where unpopular opinions are supposed to be encouraged and, at most, discussed maturely, at worst, passed over...you came through to just try to shame a Coli nikka who has shown not one bit of concern to people who aren't trying to dialogue.

Real talk, you probably are passionate about your beliefs which is why my post compelled you to get all red in the face and make a post with no utility. I'm always willing to discuss my thoughts, breh.

Imagine coming into a thread titled unpopular opinions and still getting heated. :wow:

Take some rep, too.

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
My man. :salute:

I lowkey wouldn't have been able to make my point unless a breh came through & showed evidence of point 1.

In a thread where unpopular opinions are supposed to be encouraged and, at most, discussed maturely, at worst, passed over...you came through to just try to shame a Coli nikka who has shown not one bit of concern to people who aren't trying to dialogue.

Real talk, you probably are passionate about your beliefs which is why my post compelled you to get all red in the face and make a post with no utility. I'm always willing to discuss my thoughts, breh.

Imagine coming into a thread titled unpopular opinions and still getting heated. :wow:

Take some rep, too.

I posted an opinion on a opinion in a threat about posting opinions.....you didn't prove shyt. Thanks for the rep though. Kanye is that you? Ol
"let me say wild shyt unchecked and if you don't you're a typical close minded negro" ass nikka.
I'm chilling at work...you wish you had me in my feelings or rattled.:pachaha::ahh::win:

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
I posted an opinion on a opinion in a threat about posting opinions.....you didn't prove shyt. Thanks for the rep though. Kanye is that you? Ol
"let me say wild shyt unchecked and if you don't you're a typical close minded negro" ass nikka.
I'm chilling at work...you wish you had me in my feelings or rattled.:pachaha::ahh::win:
No I don't.

I'm chilling at work, too, breh.

I'm on the Coli because it's the closet I can get to an entertaining & many times informative space w/ a black focus.

I'm addicted to dialogue and debate. You tossing insults aren't going to save the world or boost your beliefs to others so it's just water under the bridge.

What's crazy is you tossed me another alley oop of a segway, though. Comparing me to Kanye is funny because I've been up on his recklessness for a minute.

It would be appreciated if you read it. I think you might agree.
Respect. :ld: