Unpopular opinions: black community/ black people edition

CarmelBarbie

At peace
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte
NYC has different water than the rest of the country. PH is neutral and taste is neutral in NY. Hence dough for bagels and pizza are automatically better and actually cook properly all ingredients remaining the same.

That's the real scientific reason...NYC water.

But is it really better lol? I wasnt impressed with NYC pizza. It was good—don’t get me wrong, but I like Chicago pizza better. Everyone was hyping up nyc pizza, and every time I visited(my sister lived there), was never as impressed as I wanted to be.

Dwayne_Taylor

Superstar
Daps
:gucci:nikka we need to take back the Black Church from the government & these fake preachers.. Prior to the 80s the Church was on the front-lines of a lot of Black Causes..

Civil Rights,Deacons of Defense, etc..

Even small town Churches was on it
517d1e872719094.jpg

The Black Church was infiltrated in the 1970s....The Black Church done a lot for us

This ^
Im an atheist, but even I understand the importance of black controlled and funded institutions, where the leadership works for us.

We can not defeat WS without such institutions.

The effectiveness of protest marches Etc is an entirely different discussion. To say that black churches have done nothing for black people is silly the civil rights act and the voting rights act are two huge victories.

LoStranger

Banned
Daps
- Most black kids are crippled financially before they even reach adulthood.
- Single mothers raise the same ain't shyt men they whine about all the time.
- Contrary to the popular myth black women with degrees don't intimidate men it's normally bytchy attitude, a lot debt and lack of personality why most educated women end up alone.
- The amount simping going on these days disgusting and flat out embarrassing.

Yep.....

Reno89

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
Sorry man Im laughin at your first point about the equipment. Can you you elaborate? Hahaha.

Chairs wobbly
Tables looking like their about to fall apart
Shoddy/slow registers and tablets
Unprofessional convo between employees and customers
Restaurants taking forever for the simplest orders
Running out of a particular ingredient/food

I could go on and on, and I personally know black businesses that don't do any of this, but they are few and far in-between

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
But is it really better lol? I wasnt impressed with NYC pizza. It was good—don’t get me wrong, but I like Chicago pizza better. Everyone was hyping up nyc pizza, and every time I visited(my sister lived there), was never as impressed as I wanted to be.
not all pizza shops in new york sell new york pizza:manny:

hatealot

Banned
Daps
Prob gonna get hell for this but I believe a good portion of hbcus have low standards and dumb down the curriculim. Reason being is due to below avg sat scores or failing public school system which rolls over to college. I personally went to Virginia state and currently have/ had friends and family at other schools. When I transferred to diff schools I noticed the same material weren't being taught with the same rigor or depth.

Eddy Gordo

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Black women put way to much focus on thier hair. (Some dudes too)

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wonder how many non-AADOS posted in this thread :sas2:

Threads like these allow non-AADOS to vent their dislike of AADOS. :sas2:

Mr Rager

Leader of the Delinquents
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Mars
We're too hostile towards each other (black men in particular) everyone should be attempting to help one another instead of beefing and shooting over dumb sh1t (this forum is an extension of that, exposal threads will get 100 pages while some positive sh1t is lucky to make it to 2 pages)

Don Demarco :wow:

Actually6Foot3

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BKNY
1. SOME of our problems truly are our own fault:yeshrug:

2. Black women who wear STRAIGHT weaves hate their natural hair texture :yeshrug:shyt has nothing to do with options when you're wearing wigs and weaves of a straighter texture your entire life

3. Black parents give less fukks about their kids than parents of other races. :yeshrug: Just go to a PTA meeting at a white school then go to one at a black school. The black parents show up wayyyyyy less frequently.

4. Not unpopular but mental health REALLY needs to be addressed in our community

5. Women need to take accountability for the type of men they allow between their legs :yeshrug:

6. The Democratic party is just as bad for black people as the Republican party and only comes around every 4 years for votes. :yeshrug:

7. NY pizza will always and forever be the best pizza in this country :manny:Stop letting your transplant friends from the Midwest tell you where to find the best pizza. They'll end up bringing you to some dollar pizza crap spot like Two Bros

CarmelBarbie

At peace
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte
Nyc does not have the best pizza. :troll:

Still goes to Chicago and Cali. And I’ve lived and traveled to many places and stand by that. Imo, nyc food was diverse but overrated, not just the pizza. It was good, don’t get me wrong, but not the best.

Last edited:

Dameon Farrow

Superstar
Daps
Man my grandma made the best grits. I don't know if it's the brand or the amount of butter she used but I haven't tasted grits like that anywhere since she passed.
The key to grits is to stir them as they cook. You can't fukk up a pot of grits that you stirred the whole time. Also use distilled water. Don't pull that shyt from the tap.

Great thread by the way.

Dameon Farrow

Superstar
Daps
The monolithic view of blackness by some folks is low-key contributing to the influx of the blacktivity types.

A sizable portion of nerdy cats have definitely been through traumatizing experiences, and i definitely get their visceral reactions. But y'all cut them from all the same cloth.

A lot of y'all have this perception that these other groups are on code and have it all together, They don't. It just looks like that cause y'all aren't in those community or/and around those people for long enough.

Great posting right here. We have very little empathy for each other in a lot of cases. A lot of shyt is judge judge judge and won't take the time to actually talk to folks to find out why they have this so called huge problem...even though it's really just something you personally don't like. Doesn't necessarily make it a problem per se.

And code is something generally exercised by the very wealthy in the community. Poor folks tend to look for ways to get over on other poor folks instead of working against the wealthy. It does tend to happen intraracially though.

The ultimate way to keep the rich richer is to convince the poor to stay poor. There are so many levels to this shyt......