Unpopular opinions: black community/ black people edition

DON MA MA

Midnight
Daps
Reppin
TEXAS
-We no longer have as many "elders" with wisdom & guidance in our community. We just mostly have black people who've outlived their peers & old dummies.

-Every Black person knows EXACTLY what it will take for complete liberation from our oppressors on this land. And we know it can only be done collectively. We are just to scared, comfortable and care too much about uncertainty to do so. So I'm sure it will never happen.

-Quite a few of us are watching our families breed themselves out. But we're too PC to say anything about it.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Black people who parot white liberal agendas are c00ns to me (protesting for trannies and gays, mass immigration of people from cultures that are anti black, hardcore feminism, anti male agenda, anti gun talk, etc)

Black people need to learn to be more secretive/discreet with our community agendas and issues. This is strategy and not everything needs to be a hashtag trending on twitter for all races to see

The fact that we call ourselves the N word is an embarrassment to the race. I use to use the word. I no longer do. They look at us cali ourselves that word and laugh. It’s not empowering it’s embarrasing

AAs will never be buddy buddy with most other diaspora groups but that doesn’t mean we can’t do business together or come together under the banner of blackness when warranted but the notion of us all forfeiting our group identities to just be black is bullshyt. Nobody else is going to do that so we need to embrace ourselves

Weed, while a great alternative to hard drugs, has made many black people complacent and induced Peter Pan syndrome in many young black adults. If you get high multiple times a week, don’t have a prospering career or source of income and you’re 20+, you have a problem

Small towns are just as important as big cities for the future success of the race. I can never get down with clowning blacks who live in the countryside. If SHTF, they’ll be the most valuable

MyMindWarpsandBends

33119 AllMoneyIn4Ever
Daps
In.:mjlol:

I'm 24 and just learned how to play this shyt. After bout 2-3 games shyt get boring

I was just about to say this, spades might be the most simple game to play with a deck of cards. If you got even a lil bit of common sense it should be easy, my Pops side of the family loves this shyt but I think it’s boring as fukk and would rather play Tonk or Uno if we talkin card games

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
The same could apply to pharmaceutical and prescription drugs. Any type of addiction or substance abuse, over reliance on a product. I don't think it's purely a 'weed' issue.
Yes, I'm aware of other hardcore drugs. I was just making a point about weed.....since people downplay how much it influences peoples lives, particular monetarily.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
And the financial burden. The amount of their income they set aside for weed is uncanny. You go into their apartment. Their home profile is as follows:

- mattress, no frame
- trash bags used as laundry bags
- 2 bedrooms and a living room, but only 1 TV
- no food in the fridge, and definitely to meats/produce. Everything is boxed
- 2 pieces of furniture in the living room
- at least 2 Bills in the red

That's because they put weed ahead of everything else.

Weed may not be addictive, but it damn sure is destructive.
weed is addictive but it's mental... bad habits are destructive. If you have time to smoke weed all day then weed isn't the problem your lack of productivity is.

If smoking weed is your only hobby then you are a loser.

take weed out the equation and not much changes about these types of individuals they just find another distraction.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
  1. The Black intellectual collective does a great job as emotional sound board for black people but does a terrible disservice as a self-appointed soldier for activism.

2. The most underrated cancer affecting the ability for black people to move as a collective is the bully nature of polarized thought; genuine questions & inquiries of ignorance are met w/ threats of ex-communication and accusations of treason instead of education. Ex. "Sorry, y'all, I'm trying to understand but why isn't black on black crime a valid counter point to our cries for better policy and societal change?" A question like this, which can be countered in a mature answer is almost never met w/ genuine concern for a fellow black person's ignorance and almost always met w/ "You fukking c00n!" That's destructive.

3. The use of the terms bedwench, buck & house negro are some of the most offensive disrespects of our history that we can conjure up. Implying that those of our ancestors enthusiastically volunteered to be raped & subjugated is disgusting.

4. Further, assuming every black man or woman who is in a relationship w/ a nonblack person is automatically treasonous is very simple minded. A better argument would be if there was evidence that the said black person fetishized the non black race or culture.

5. The Black experience is not more real b/c a person grew up in the hood. The black experience in america has many layers and the insecurities, self-doubt, and perceived offenses/ aggressions we all receieve based on our pigment, race, economic level is valid at every level.

6. Reparations in the form of a "check" or other purely monetary compensation would have potential to be disastrous; considering the institutional racism that has brought about a disturbing lack of financial literacy among many of us, that money would be subject to many risky decisions. The racist ghosts of america would be effectively given the escape to wash their hands of the still prevalent effects of historic racism and be able to say, "well, we gave you reparations, shut the fukk up." No, reparations, should, by and large, be in the form of a complete and expensive overall of our educational institutions available to us, loan options and lenient interest rates, loan forgiveness, property ownership subsidies, etc.

7. It's fukked up to gloat or celebrate the death of non blacks b/c of a feeling of resentment.

8. There is no agenda to feminize black men at all.

9. Jewish people are not an enemy of black people. Does that mean there aren't racist and exploitative jewish people? No, of course there are. But any claims that jews as a group are conspiring against black people and the world is just white supremacist conspiracy theory.

10. I'm struggling to come up w/ a 10th but I wanted the numbering to be neat. Ha.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
Nah my nikka you trash, my homeboys moms made us fish and grits once and that might’ve been the best breakfast I’ve ever had. You sure you ain’t a cac?
Man my grandma made the best grits. I don't know if it's the brand or the amount of butter she used but I haven't tasted grits like that anywhere since she passed.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Yes, I'm aware of other hardcore drugs. I was just making a point about weed.....since people downplay how much it influences peoples lives, particular monetarily.
the culture around weed has done more harm than weed itself. The idea that you need to smoke the loudest, get as high as possible and smoke a lot.

It is all to blame. As usual most of these messages are coming from media we all consume. Nobody wants to teach discipline and responsibility. If drinking and smoking is a form of celebration or releasing stress then it should be done after an accomplished day. no one want to hold themselves accountable for their behaviour... soon as they get clean they blame the substance, nah dummy you created that problem

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
-We no longer have as many "elders" with wisdom & guidance in our community. We just mostly have black people who've outlived their peers & old dummies.

-Every Black person knows EXACTLY what it will take for complete liberation from our oppressors on this land. And we know it can only be done collectively. We are just to scared, comfortable and care too much about uncertainty to do so. So I'm sure it will never happen.

-Quite a few of us are watching our families breed themselves out. But we're too PC to say anything about it.

Yep. Young fools become old fools. Being old doesn't automatically mean you are wise.

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When African Americans realize that Africans are taking all of their ‘minority’ positions, black Americans won’t have any unity. Especially since Africans will make up a significant portion of the US black population by 2050

Nigeria is not a ZOO!