Unpopular opinions: black community/ black people edition

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Disagree.. outside of nyc, there is no decent pizza. I've lived a lot of different places. a few places came close, but nothing compares. We have places out in VA that say "Italian style or ny style" that might as well be a combination of cardboard, ketchup and cheese. Real Italians migrate but that doesn't mean that maintain the same quality or recipes, especially if they're out in nowheresville,tennessee where people have never tasted real authentic style pizza anyway.
:rudy:
Act like Chicago doesnt exist brehettes. And Fellini's in Atlanta is the best pizza ive ever had and Ive lived in New York too. :yeshrug:

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
-treating you kid harshly or "tough love" to get them use to how the world treats them as a black person isn't acceptable (happens in my family) .

- black nerds (men and women) date out because they like white people not because nobody black was checking for them.

- the black community is backwards, it raises little girls to be strong and boys to be effimenate and emotional.

- the media (rappers and cardi bs)does effect how kids act and who they want to bed .

- most black people who were raised without fathers won't know how to be one unless they had a strong male influence.

- most pro black people in the media overcompensate because they know they secretly love white people hence why the love interest is barely ever black.

I agree with the red and highly disagree with the white bolded. You are so off base with that shyt :snoop:

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
You obviously haven't had them made with chicken stock and butter milk. :banderas:
whoa... never heard of that. But then again, this is the best that I can make-
78e19648-972d-4d19-a0b6-fcfa27e1c498_1.63351e548e2d134a4874b68e49281b9e.jpeg

MyMindWarpsandBends

33119 AllMoneyIn4Ever
Daps
We celebrate the struggle too much. I get that enduring something as horrific as generational poverty and project housing and overcoming it and learning survival tactics from it takes a lot of fortitude, determination, and mental/emotional strength but equating blackness with having less than is setting us back. Surviving harsh circumstances and making it out to become at least moderately successful is a beautiful thing but we should emphasize the triumph and not the struggle, I feel like we’ve romanticized it to the point where some people feel like they aren’t black if they haven’t gone through some kind of struggle. I say this as a black man who has struggled throughout his 20s due to mental illness and other less than favorable circumstances, with that being said I know firsthand that ain’t nothing cool about being broke or having a lack of resources and I wonder why it seems like we’re programmed to think that struggling automatically makes you more “real” when some people will struggle forever because they don’t know how to better their situation

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
- Black Americans swear by White supremacist views that was sold to us hundreds of years ago. You can see it in how we view ourselves, how we present ourselves and even in how we resist Whites supremacey. There's a reason why some Hoteps adopt WS rhetoric to criticize Blacks and Whites.

- The majority of Black Americans do not care about race politics as long as it doesn't infringe on their "wealth"; this circles back to buying into WS beliefs like the American Dream.

- Black Americans will not survive this century. It won't be because of Black on Black crime or White on Black crime. Our culture or what's accepted as culture will do us in. " Blackness" will be regulated to subject akin to a subculture like "Goth". Act and look a certain way and yourey in.

JBoy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
- Black Americans swear by White supremacist views that was sold to us hundreds of years ago. You can see it in how we view ourselves, how we present ourselves and even in how we resist Whites supremacey. There's a reason why some Hoteps adopt WS rhetoric to criticize Blacks and Whites.
I was going to type something similar to this but you nailed it way better than I would have :yeshrug::yeshrug:

Daps

- The majority of Black Americans do not care about race politics as long as it doesn't infringe on their "wealth"; this circles back to buying into WS beliefs like the American Dream.

- Black Americans will not survive this century. It won't be because of Black on Black crime or White on Black crime. Our culture or what's accepted as culture will do us in. " Blackness" will be regulated to subject akin to a subculture like "Goth". Act and look a certain way and yourey in.
expand pls?

MyMindWarpsandBends

33119 AllMoneyIn4Ever
Daps
I agree with the red and highly disagree with the white bolded. You are so off base with that shyt :snoop:

Yea dawg I done seen plenty of black fathers and mothers go hard on their sons for displaying any kind of behavior that could be considered effeminate. I literally watched my uncle and auntie harshly scold my four year old cousin for crying because he got his finger caught in the car door when it closed I kinda thought they were tripping at the time but now that I’ve been in the real world for a lil while I understand why. There are harsh consequences for a man showing any kind of weakness and that’s what they were indirectly showing him, I don’t know where breh got that from