Unmarried, childless women are happiest people of all, says expert

Theraflu

Newly-wed :blessed:
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Power
It's sad that most of these answers the only reason people want women to marry is to have someone to take care of them when old LMAOOOO.

No wonder they're so unhappy these women are only marrying for finances and to have people to take care of them and it shows. Most are miserable.

Even Ayesha curry miserable lol

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
First thing I'll say is, upgrade your circle my dude. You're up here saying that most married women you know are miserable, well that says a lot about you and the kind of people you're surrounding yourself with. Get out of your miserable circle so you can stop thinking that it represents everybody else.

2nd, you and the chics you're cosigning are setting up a straw man. Obviously it's better to be single than to be in an abuaice dysfunctional marriage. That's not what this discussion is about tho, so all that "we can do bad by ourselves" rhetoric is a deflection. We're talking ideal marriages. If a woman is miserable in her marriage then it's not healthy/functional. Y'all have deflected into a whole different conversation.

No, just hopping into a marriage with the first guy available isn't going to keep a woman(or man for that matter) happy. Especially in western society. Again, that's not the issue here tho. The question is, are women happier being single and independently successful vs being in loving healthy functional marriages with men+ kids? I say that they the answer is common sense.

She had multiple abortions and feels empty because she probably destroyed her womb to the point where she cant conceive.

Breh of course everyone would prefer the ideal marriage, job, and world. Most marriages and life ain't like that. Very few marriages will be like that.

Most ideal marriages to women looks like the Curry's. The vast majority of women will never have that. Most women's marriages will be her working all day, her husband working all day, then having to cook, clean and tend to the kids. Her free time is spent dealing with her child and making sure her husband is happy. She will probably have very little time for herself and if she does that "too much" time for herself she'll be label a bad mother.

That is what marriage is for most women.
The discussion is about reality not fantasies.

Gravity

Banned
Daps
Breh of course everyone would prefer the ideal marriage, job, and world. Most marriages and life ain't like that. Very few marriages will be like that.

Most ideal marriages to women looks like the Curry's. The vast majority of women will never have that. Most women's marriages will be her working all day, her husband working all day, then having to cook, clean and tend to the kids. Her free time is spent dealing with her child and making sure her husband is happy. She will probably have very little time for herself and if she does that "too much" time for herself she'll be label a bad mother.

That is what marriage is for most women.
The discussion is about reality not fantasies.
Well what you're whining about isn't about the concept or institution of marriage, it's the result of being in unhealthy dysfunctional marriages. Again, that's a straw man. As if the single life can't be unhealthy and dysfunctional.

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
Well what you're whining about isn't about the concept or institution of marriage, it's the result of being in unhealthy dysfunctional marriages. Again, that's a straw man. As if the single life can't be unhealthy and dysfunctional.

1. I'm not whining about anything because that isn't my life.

2. Ummm what part of the scenario is dysfunctional or not typical?

3. How are women supposed to get the ideal Curry marriage when most men don't have the capability to provide that?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ive witnessed too many miserable marriages to not believe this. Being in love and having companionship is an amazing feeling, but not when its with a shytty person, and there are a lot of shytty men out there, hopping into relationships, offloading their baggage and spreading misery. Same with some women too tbh.

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
Where is that confessions thread? There was a thread on here that revealed some married women's inner confessions about how they felt about their marriages and children.
Men are way comfortable when they are the ones rejecting marriage but when women are honest about their sacrifices it's a totally different ballgame.

3. How are women supposed to get the ideal Curry marriage when most men don't have the capability to provide that?

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
Where is that confessions thread? There was a thread on here that revealed some married women's inner confessions about how they felt about their marriages and children.
Men are way comfortable when they are the ones rejecting marriage but when women are honest about their sacrifices it's a totally different ballgame.

Men like the idea of women pining after commitment because men need to feel useful and needed. It's why they hate feminism too. Anything that keeps women from needing them they generally don't like. It's just about control.

Gravity

Banned
Daps

I'll be honest, I didn't even really read your post before I responded. That's on me.

Now that I've actually read it my take is that if you're a woman who doesn't find happiness in spending your time with kids and a husband and you'd rather just be doing you, then yes you'd be better off single. Being a parent and spouse requires personal sacrifice and obviously those not willing to make the necessary sacrifices shouldn't be parents or spouses.

I wouldn't necessarily agree that the curry's are an example of an ideal marriage. Especially with the wife's admission that she still pines for attention from other men. I don't know if any of these entertainment/hollywood couples are examples of ideal marriages because you never know what's going on behind the scenes.

An ideal marriage is one where both spouses are happy and the children are being raised in a stable functional environment. Ayesha has admitted to having mental/emotional and self esteem issues. Who knows how happy she or steph actually are.

My issue with the conclusion from the study is that it's implying that all things equal, women are happiest single vs married. My life experience tells me different.
Men like the idea of women pining after commitment because men need to feel useful and needed. It's why they hate feminism too. Anything that keeps women from needing them they generally don't like. It's just about control.
Everybody likes to feel useful and needed. Thats human nature. A lot of these broads are out here having babies just to feel that wanted/needed and to have that unconditional love. Women have trap babies just to try and lock men who don't want them down.

You've got some man hate issues.

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
I wonder how women can reinforce that men are necessary and great without feeding into this nonsense.

B/c logically men can't continue to try and court women with vinegar. Once socialization doesn't work on women and the threat of the old cat lady loses its teeth, how will men convince chicks to even bother?

B/c u and I know what this is really about. Most women are aware of the work WORK that we put into relationships. And we also know the deleterious effects in so many cases. I mean dudes feel ENTITLED to cheat on their wives. The ideals of reciprocity and equality and just basic human decency fly from some of their heads as soon as p*ssy gets involved. Dudes will literally talk about not even wanting to be around chicks and hating them or being irritated by them.

If a woman can work and make her own money and attain a good quality of life, take care of her own needs, have fun, be at peace, come and go as she pleases, get dikk whenever, and not have to worry about possibly getting cheated on, stds, possibly getting beaten, having to take on all the responsibilities of the home AND life-threatening stress, why would she even bother especially with dudes who consider her less than or inferior.

And I say this as a supporter of good marriages. There is far less incentive and greater risks for good women these days to engage in the institution. The traditional benefits of provision and protection ain't there anymore in a lot of cases.

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
I'll be honest, I didn't even really read your post before I responded. That's on me.

Now that I've actually read it my take is that if you're a woman who doesn't find happiness in spending your time with kids and a husband and you'd rather just be doing you, then yes you'd be better off single. Being a parent and spouse requires personal sacrifice and obviously those not willing to make the necessary sacrifices shouldn't be parents or spouses.

I wouldn't necessarily agree that the curry's are an example of an ideal marriage. Especially with the wife's admission that she still pines for attention from other men. I don't know if any of these entertainment/hollywood couples are examples of ideal marriages because you never know what's going on behind the scenes.

An ideal marriage is one where both spouses are happy and the children are being raised in a stable functional environment. Ayesha has admitted to having mental/emotional and self esteem issues. Who knows how happy she or steph actually are.

My issue with the conclusion from the study is that it's implying that all things equal, women are happiest single vs married. My life experience tells me different.

When I refer to the Curry's I am referring to the arrangement. Ideal for many women is not having to shoulder a full time job and majority of the child rearing activities.

As far as not "liking" it enough...I think you are trivializing motherhood. You can like motherhood just fine but they doesn't mean the stress it can bring doesn't exist. And that's really what it's about, stress. Yeah of course everyone would love to have a perfect relationship but that's not a reality for most. You can love your husband and children but if you're stressed than you are unhappy.

It's more about:

kids/husband = guaranteed stress with a possible happy outcome vs single/no child = must less stress with a possible happy outcome

Gravity

Banned
Daps
When I refer to the Curry's I am referring to the arrangement. Ideal for many women is not having to shoulder a full time job and majority of the child rearing activities.

As far as not "liking" it enough...I think you are trivializing motherhood. You can like motherhood just fine but they doesn't mean the stress it can bring doesn't exist. And that's really what it's about, stress. Yeah of course everyone would love to have a perfect relationship but that's not a reality for most. You can love your husband and children but if you're stressed than you are unhappy.

It's more about:

kids/husband = guaranteed stress with a possible happy outcome vs single/no child = must less stress with a possible happy outcome
I didn't use "like" or "liking" once in my entire post. Why do you have "liking" in quotes as if you're quoting something that I said? I don't even know what you're talking about. I didn't trivialize motherhood whatsoever. I said that women not ready to sacrifice to create successful families would be happier being single. So I think we pretty much agree. I think women like you and that booksnrain chic would be better off single.