Unemployed Black College Graduate pretends to be white and gets a ton of job offers

cleanface coney

Superstar
Daps
i never tried it but my moms told me to put "other" or check more than one race

she said she did this once and when she walked in everybody in the office was looking her in her face tryna figure out what she was

people DO talk about your race before they hire you..

No_bammer_weed

✌️ Coli. Wish y’all the best of luck. One
Daps
I think black folks need to start moving away from typical black names.

The experiment has clearly failed. If you have a middle non-black name use it as your first name in corporate America.

Feel free to call me a c00n. I only deal with reality over here

You're suggesting putting a bandaid over a tumor....its not the name thats the problem, its the black/brown/beige skin that is the problem. They dont hate the name, they hate you. Thats the reality. Fck is wrong with you?

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i never tried it but my moms told me to put "other" or check more than one race

she said she did this once and when she walked in everybody in the office was looking her in her face tryna figure out what she was

people DO talk about your race before they hire you..

I'm putting black each and every time because again, I can't deny who I am in person. If you're skipping over me because of my name I don't need to work there anyway.

Wepa Man

Ramblings Of An Angry Old Man
Supporter
Daps
I'm putting black each and every time because again, I can't deny who I am in person. If you're skipping over me because of my name I don't need to work there anyway.

BOOM there you go!!

cleanface coney

Superstar
Daps

yea i feel you i dont think i could do it either but idk but this was when we was in South Florida so i think a person could get away with it wit so many different nationalities

i dont think most places in America it would work

Chris.B

Banned
Daps
You're suggesting putting a bandaid over a tumor....its not the name thats the problem, its the black/brown/beige skin that is the problem. They dont hate the name, they hate you. Thats the reality. Fck is wrong with you?

Companies want people who can be produce...let me give you a little insight into corporate America normally people who go through resumes are all not hiring managers...

Getting that first phone call is BIG....there is a huge probability the person who saw your resume and the person who will call you are 2 different people.

Use a cac name to get past the first hurdle and role the dice at the interview....It has worked for so many of my friends :manny:

I'm just giving advice to people based on my experience. They will throw your resume in the BUSH in corporate America if it has a Jamal on it.

Truth hurts

Rem

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No denying that but with some if you make a good impression you may catch a break.

If your name is Tyrone Davids you won't get a call back to even make an impression.

That's fair. Here's the thing though, assuming you catch the break as you put it, how do you work (and live your work life) as Kelvin phillips if your I.D and your life history says you're Tyrone Davids?

Kilgore Trout

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
Lets be realistic here. black people rely on whites for their employment. the same people who hate your guts. now it seems to me like a pretty dumb move to place your entire livelihood on your enemies

This

I have a white name and when I was applying for jobs in engineering I got interviews like that. When I got to the office dudes were looking at me with the :krs: face.

One time at this lock company they made me wait in this room and I swear everyone in the office came by to sneak a peek.

I was applying for that job and competing with one of the dumbest dudes in my graduating class and he ended up getting it over me.

Anyway i eventually found a job but this is my last year of this shyt. I plan on being on my own this time next year. White people are on the same page, black people need to do the same thing.

BeeCityRoller

New Bee
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Queen City
Someone made this same topic on a predominately white forum and at first white people didn't know how to respond because they couldn't deny the facts.

Then halfway through the first page someone brought up "The name-blame-game" and all of the other racists else ran with it. Can't believe the same thing happened here, thought this would be better conversation.

I'm disappointed with some of you Coli-Brothers who think the name is the issue of it all - us having to change ourselves. Guess we all should cut our locs too even though we keep 'em neat and dress as well as anyone else at the job. Better take the chrome wheels and tint off our car too even though we never had a DUI and don't have drugs in the ride. We doing too much for these white folks:wow: