Unemployed Black College Graduate pretends to be white and gets a ton of job offers

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
So what does this say about black people compared to all the other races? :whoo:

Our spirit is broken.

We had black businesses and all that when we needed it the most. We had Black Wallstreets...but that ish was torn down and stole by u kno who. Then there were laws and policies that practically made it illegal for a nicca to get paid legally...which is why so many brothas went underground to get money. Then just recently, we had the whole integration thing, aka Black Middle Class brain drain, that took the best of our people outta black communities and let them rub shoulders a little bit with white people...when really they just wanted nicca's money.

We are natural entrepreneurs. Other races that have came to America didn't go through what we did. They still got their culture, language and work ethic. We weren't made to work for other people. We just gotta get back that entrepreneur spirit again.

Chris.B

Banned
Daps
It doesn't make a difference your name can be Sheryl Crow, when they see your black ass face in the interview if the the hiring manager is racist you STILL won't get the job. Racism does not stop with a name.

No denying that but with some if you make a good impression you may catch a break.

If your name is Tyrone Davids you won't get a call back to even make an impression.

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
1.1 trillion is not enough to start from scratch and furnish an entire social infrastructure. First off there just aren't enough consumers. The investors would invest then there wouldn't be enough consumers to make a profit on that investment. Secondly how do we continue to pay teachers, lawyers, public servants, etc If all the people with money are already building the schools and businesses. Any investor would have to be out of his mind to invest in something that purposely excludes 80% of potential customers. That's nonsense.

And find a black person that puts absolutely nothing in their hair and I will PayPal you $100.

Stop it b. We wouldn't have to "start from scratch". Outta 43 million black people, most of them would still be consumers aka the employees. Niccas ain't saying let's do a complete 360 and only spend money with black people overnight. Anybody got any statistics on how much we spending in black-owned businesses right now. We all gotta step it up.

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
There was a dude I went to school with that said he was mad he got a "white name" cause he doesn't get opportunities black dude's with black names get lmaoooo. Niccas will always complain until they take this in their own hands.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Stop it b. We wouldn't have to "start from scratch". Outta 43 million black people, most of them would still be consumers aka the employees. Niccas ain't saying let's do a complete 360 and only spend money with black people overnight. Anybody got any statistics on how much we spending in black-owned businesses right now. We all gotta step it up.

The problem is that the products of a black-owned business is going to cost significantly more than the non black owned business. Unfortunately all people want is the lower price and don't really look beyond that.

It's the same way with Walmart a bunch of shyt for cheap and people flock but don't realize the actual cost associated with supporting them.

HoustonHeat

In and out
Daps
Reppin
Houston
My dude has an African first name and an American/White middle name. Great education, experience, communication skills.

-African first name on resumes = tiny # call backs
-Same job listings, American middle name used instead= call backs and interview requests he can't keep up with.

He has landed a few jobs past the interview point, but they want to offer a salary that is lower than what the job first advertised :wtf:

EDIT: To clarify, he still continues to go by his African name, regardless of the results his experiment. I go by my ethnic first name and not my American/race-neutral middle name, and it works out fine for me. Sometimes, I'll just use my first initial instead of spelling out my full name so that the resume looks gender neutral, especially for management positions.

Chris.B

Banned
Daps
I think black folks need to start moving away from typical black names.

The experiment has clearly failed. If you have a middle non-black name use it as your first name in corporate America.

Feel free to call me a c00n. I only deal with reality over here

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

There is a difference between spending with black people(which we already do) and purposely segregating ourselves. And again out of 43 million people if all the succesful people had to be investors. Which is what it would take to open our own schools, banks, etc. then that leaves nobody to be a consumer.

The first thing I said was that I agree that we should concentrate on opening/supporting our own businesses. But I always here this idea that we can purposely cut ourselves off and somehow thrive socially/economically. Things just don't work that way. Look where segregation got the native Americans.

BruhMayne

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I agree that we should concentrate on opening our own businesses, but I fear this concept of segregation sounds better on paper than in practice.

Unfortunately in America we just don't hold enough capital politicaly, socially, or economically to segregate ourselves and expect to see rampant success within our comunity.

First off we do have money, but not enough to fund an entire revolution of opening up business, schools, ect for our entire population. And even if we did, if all the succesful black people are the investors, then who will be the consumers?

Second in opening a business you never want to limit your potential customers. By purposely segregating ourselves this is exactly what we would be doing. A black dude opens a farm in middle America there is not even enough black people in the local vicinity to support his business.

Also segregating ourselves would create a situation where those in power begin to create more and more obstacles to our success, and we have no way to fight back because we've already removed ourselves from the mainstream conversation.

Could black people survive through segragation? Yes
Could black people THRIVE through segragation? Absolutely not.

You made some good points. What I think we need right now as a realistic solution, is a better networking pipeline so we wont have to be out here "cold calling" for jobs since thats obviously even worse for us due to discrimination.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You made some good points. What I think we need right now as a realistic solution, is a better networking pipeline so we wont have to be out here "cold calling" for jobs since thats obviously even worse for us due to discrimination.

I agree. Black people with a job should be more active in networking to point other black people in the correct direction.

Typing this post made me realize I'm guilty of this too. I have a pretty good job and openings arise here from time to time, but nobody in my immediate circle has the correct skill-set/education to qualify. We need to make some type of job search or networking website that allows black people to come together and share knowledge and tips on gaining employment. And not just for hiring managers and those seeking jobs, but a place where people who already have jobs can come and give advice and point the unemployed in the direction of viable opportunities.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Wait in America you have to check off your race on job applications?

Sent from royalty using Tapatalk breh

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I agree. Black people with a job should be more active in networking to point other black people in the correct direction.

Typing this post made me realize I'm guilty of this too. I have a pretty good job and openings arise here from time to time, but nobody in my immediate circle has the correct skill-set/education to qualify. We need to make some type of job search or networking website that allows black people to come together and share knowledge and tips on gaining employment. And not just for hiring managers and those seeking jobs, but a place where people who already have jobs can come and give advice and point the unemployed in the direction of viable opportunities.

Another major issue.

I have hella insight on job openings. I tried to put my homeboy on but he doesn't have a degree so it's hard for people to bite. I'm trying to get my nephew an internship as well.