Unemployed Black College Graduate pretends to be white and gets a ton of job offers

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We should pool our money together and start their own companies.

Great idea in theory but not sure about practice. Black people tend to have a crab in the bucket mentality and we don't have the idea of 'togetherness'. Just look at @The Nigerian thread on molly watr. Lots of angry, aggressive, hostile, and jealous replies on there.

Last edited by a moderator:

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
its kinda sad man. poor girl went back to college, was forced to read all those bullsh1t books they make u read in college, write all them retarded papers. hoping she'll be qualified for a job after she goes through all that. sh1t like this makes me mad.

Yeah me too, I know people who went through all that and are still paying back student loans while their are working as Customer Service reps.

I'm all about education and gaining knowledge so I'll never knock anybody for going to college, but networking and knowing the right people trumps a degree in alot of cases. And if the person doing the hiring already has negative view of black people, you having a degree isn't going to change that.

The Nigerian

The Realest Member of TheColi
Daps
Reppin
All The Way One Hunnid
:snoop: if a racist is going disregard all resumes with black names

What do you think is going to happen when black "Jane" & "Bill" go through the actual interview process.
They're going to get denied because of stupid sh!t like their socks or their facial hair. I literally had a manager at ADP tell me "I don't like those socks, boy. This is a conservative company!"

After that, I started my own business.

Great idea in theory but not sure about practice. Black people tend to have a crab in the bucket mentality and we don't have the idea of 'togetherness'. Just look at @The Nigerian thread on molly watr. Lots of angry, aggressive, hostile, and jealous replies on there.
Yeah, it's really sad... but pretty entertaining none the less.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chris.B

Banned
Daps
I keep telling you all black folks...you give "black names" to your kids you have doomed them for life

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
They're going to get denied because of stupid sh!t like their socks or their facial hair. I literally had a manager at ADP tell me "I don't like those socks, boy. This is a conservative company!"

After that, I started my own business.

:salute:
Let us know when Molly Watr drops in NY, I'mma cop 1.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I agree that we should concentrate on opening our own businesses, but I fear this concept of segregation sounds better on paper than in practice.

Unfortunately in America we just don't hold enough capital politicaly, socially, or economically to segregate ourselves and expect to see rampant success within our comunity.

First off we do have money, but not enough to fund an entire revolution of opening up business, schools, ect for our entire population. And even if we did, if all the succesful black people are the investors, then who will be the consumers?

Second in opening a business you never want to limit your potential customers. By purposely segregating ourselves this is exactly what we would be doing. A black dude opens a farm in middle America there is not even enough black people in the local vicinity to support his business.

Also segregating ourselves would create a situation where those in power begin to create more and more obstacles to our success, and we have no way to fight back because we've already removed ourselves from the mainstream conversation.

Could black people survive through segragation? Yes
Could black people THRIVE through segragation? Absolutely not.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I keep telling you all black folks...you give "black names" to your kids you have doomed them for life

It doesn't make a difference your name can be Sheryl Crow, when they see your black ass face in the interview if the the hiring manager is racist you STILL won't get the job. Racism does not stop with a name.

MewTwo

Freeing Pokemon From Their Masters Since 1996
Daps
Reppin
Cerulean Cave
I agree that we should concentrate on opening our own businesses, but I fear this concept of segregation sounds better on paper than in practice.

Unfortunately in America we just don't hold enough capital politicaly, socially, or economically to segregate ourselves and expect to see rampant success within our comunity.

First off we do have money, but not enough to fund an entire revolution of opening up business, schools, ect for our entire population. And even if we did, if all the succesful black people are the investors, then who will be the consumers?

Second in opening a business you never want to limit your potential customers. By purposely segregating ourselves this is exactly what we would be doing. A black dude opens a farm in middle America there is not even enough black people in the local vicinity to support his business.

Also segregating ourselves would create a situation where those in power begin to create more and more obstacles to our success, and we have no way to fight back because we've already removed ourselves from the mainstream conversation.

Could black people survive through segragation? Yes
Could black people THRIVE through segragation? Absolutely not.

yet black people still begging this country and pushing the mentality of working for white people instead of pulling all our money together and hiring each other and building up our own shyt....we got enough money...we gonna be spending over 1.1 Trillion dollars by 2015 but niccas still act like we just need the government :aicmon:

Black Buying Power To Reach $1.1 Trillion, Report Finds

Yeah 1.1 trillion is not enough. Yep... :childplease:

.....and I guess all black people put product in their hair too right?

JBoy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
And Americans have the god damn nerve to get on other countries for so called discrimination

Double J

Banned
Daps

We need to establish black empires; black banks, black firms, black EVERYTHING.

It seems like we can't even establish shyt in our own community. No black owned corner stores anywhere in Baltimore. :smh:

We can't even keep our own TV channel black owned.

We build and then sell for the quick buck.

Black Excellence?

:no:

MORE RANTING :mad: :

Korean / Chinese / Japanese have their own SHOPPING CENTERS here in Maryland! Coupled with their own banks, their own nail salons, their own restaurant chains! They employ their own!

Middle Easterners / Indians RUN the corner store business. They employ their own at every damn 7/11....every damn Dunken Donut / Basken Robins.......shyt is sick that blacks can't do the same. :smh:

So what does this say about black people compared to all the other races? :whoo:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Yeah 1.1 trillion is not enough. Yep... :childplease:

.....and I guess all black people put product in their hair too right?

1.1 trillion is not enough to start from scratch and furnish an entire social infrastructure. First off there just aren't enough consumers. The investors would invest then there wouldn't be enough consumers to make a profit on that investment. Secondly how do we continue to pay teachers, lawyers, public servants, etc If all the people with money are already building the schools and businesses. Any investor would have to be out of his mind to invest in something that purposely excludes 80% of potential customers. That's nonsense.

And find a black person that puts absolutely nothing in their hair and I will PayPal you $100.

msims

Bmore nicca
Daps
So what does this say about black people compared to all the other races? :whoo:

:to:

bucketofcrabs.gif