Unemployed Black College Graduate pretends to be white and gets a ton of job offers

Ohnoits

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It doesn't make a difference your name can be Sheryl Crow, when they see your black ass face in the interview if the the hiring manager is racist you STILL won't get the job. Racism does not stop with a name.

yep.

I went to some prestigious schools and before I got my current job I interned at some very prestigious firms in the past.

But I was still unemployed for a long time, getting rejected repeatedly for positions while my other classmates in engineering were getting offers left and right. Same marks, same classes, same schools...

I mentioned it before in another thread, but I went to two top 5 engi schools, one grad one undergrad.

But my name is obviously black on my resume.

So many rejections, and a few interviews where they fished for my race as soon as I finished the interview. :shaq2:

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This is going on right now. I put "White" as my identification and I'm getting plenty of calls and interviews but no hire :mad: even when theres NO dark faces in the office when I visit

Ive come to realize that in this recession/weak economy, white folks are gonna make sure they're taken care of before they start helpin anyone else.

It's sickening but it goes to show that we need to practice GROUP ECONOMICS and keep the money within our circle

I've worked at Tech companies my whole life. At one company I was the only neggra. The rest it's me and a few others.

I'm trying to get out of the corporate world and work for myself but it's easier said than done.

DopeMan

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Where the hood Where the hood Where the hood at
The simple solution is to start your own business and employ black people. Not exactly sure why people are complaining about this. Stop relying on whites for your livelihood.

Sadly people will ignore my advice and take pride in their miserable, tedious, slave-like, 9-to-5 cubicle job working for some old white guy who probably has a subscription to ghetto gaggers.

It would take years for us to set up a proper system where we would be able to employ black people in numbers. Its not gonna happen overnight.

Im talking about the current unemployed graduates and those like me who would be graduating this year. What do we do?

We have no choice but to palm grasp our diks and continue relying on these crackers for jobs.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I keep telling you all black folks...you give "black names" to your kids you have doomed them for life

LOL

I have a very white first and last name and I do not get responses at all from any online job postings.

My first name is German and my last name is Scottish. :yeshrug: Still no luck because I am still BLACK. :birdman:

Red Maverick II

Special A Class Hunter
Daps
We have no choice but to palm grasp our diks and continue relying on these crackers for jobs.

No the fukk we don't.

We have technology and the Internet now. Those weren't available to previous generations.

It's the Information Age, man. You gotta get innovative if you wanna make it.

Chris.B

Banned
Daps
LOL

I have a very white first and last name and I do not get responses at all from any online job postings.

My first name is German and my last name is Scottish. :yeshrug: Still no luck because I am still BLACK. :birdman:
That resume is probably not worth reading....

Pay money and let someone write your white lies for you if you are not getting any luck.:smugbiden:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
That resume is probably not worth reading....

Pay money and let someone write your white lies for you if you are not getting any luck.:smugbiden:

It's alright. I work for a black (male) business owner right now.

I have only had one job post college. He tends to hire black people. There is only one hispanic guy working for him part-time.

Honestly the experience makes me more grateful for my job. I realize I might not have gotten the opportunity in corporate america. :shaq2:

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
The simple solution is to start your own business and employ black people. Not exactly sure why people are complaining about this. Stop relying on whites for your livelihood.

Sadly people will ignore my advice and take pride in their miserable, tedious, slave-like, 9-to-5 cubicle job working for some old white guy who probably has a subscription to ghetto gaggers.

So what's the name of your business and how did you get the capital to get it off the ground?

Atlrocafella

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia
I got an Irish first name and a French last name..and I never mark my race in the application process..I doubt it makes a difference..You still got to show up in person for the interview..unless it's a phone interview.

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
So here is my question brehs. We know the odds are stack against us from jumpp. So do we just give up and blame the white man or do we keep grinding? I'm saying that so none of my brehs use this example as a reason to say fukk trying I'm gone do the bare minimum and rely on the government which white people run also.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
job offers without physical in person interviews :what:?

I guess Ill watch the video before I talk

edit: Not surprised smh. I am done clicking that I am a diversity person. @Born2BKing had a thread about this too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
LOL

If your resume is anything like your posts there's no wonder you don't get any calls.