UFC 278 On ESPN+ PPV [8/20] “Summer Of Sequels” (Kamaru Usman/Leon Edwards II)

Who Wins Saturday Night?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Hopefully Usman’s chin can recover. Looking at the replay, that shyt was so brutal. Exactly shin to chin bone. And the way he stiffened up on the fall. Those kind of KO’s can change a fighter for good.

That's what I'm scared of, I've seen too many dominant fighters fall off after a brutal KO :sadcam:

Last edited:

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sucks for Usman streak and records ending. Nt good health wise to go stiff like that vs a stoppage from a ref or a quick tap.

But otherwise, honestly this loss is a good thing for Usman. The rematch will be a mega fight and easy to promote. Prolly will be his biggest ppv numbers easily. He's cleaned out that division mostly. Only chimaev left and he's been forced up rankings quick cous Dana knows Usman was runnin outta bodies to fight. Most of the other names aren't big names or sell fights. This mks it easier now for a big fight a d more time to build up and hype up chimaev.

This is what Izzy needs at MW too.

True

Frump

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Crazy the commentators were saying right before that that he was just trying to survive the fight and it would be a moral victory in his mind and I thought the same thing

Only thing I disagree with here is that I don’t think he was setting up that kick the whole fight. You don’t go in thinking I’m gonna knock him out with a minute left in the fight. I think he started setting it up when he realized he couldn’t win on the scorecards.

Plus if Usman just wrestled him that last round he never gets a chance to get it off

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

USMAN GOT WHAT
HE DESERVED FOR FAKING
THAT LOW BLOW EARLIER
IN THE ROUND...

HE WAS REALLY HURT
PLUS HE ALLOWED LEON TO
RECHARGE.

THE BODY SHOT THAT HURT USMAN
AND CAUSED HIM TO FAKE
A LOW BLOW IS WHAT SET HIM UP FOR THE KNOCKOUT....

HE THOUGHT IT WAS COMING AGAIN
AND TRIED TO PROTECT HIS BODY
WHICH LEFT HIS HEAD OPEN.

EDWARDS EARNED THAT KO
BY LAYING THE GROUND WORK.
WASNT A LUCKY SHOT AT ALL.

YellowNauticalDorado-size_restricted.gif

:devil:
:evil: