Uber and Lyft got these Taxi Drivers Bodying themselves

Danktoker94

The Dude
Supporter
Daps
IMO, NYC, and maybe a couple other cities, is the one city where they should better regulate ridesharing - at least in the more trafficked areas. Cabs are easy to come by and cheap, not like other places where you might have to call a cab ahead of time and pay an arm and a leg. No need to wait for uber/Lyft in 90% of manhattan, 50% of Brooklyn and queens.

That said, them (and philly and Boston) cab drivers liked to be :mjpls: about picking up black passengers, bet they'd stop for a black person now :sas1:
Bro no offense but stfu G I live in queens it's not that easy to get a yellow cab like that Uber comes In handy as hell and a lot of them cab drivers Always on some fukk shyt

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Also don't know why y'all act like uber and Lyft drivers don't do fukk shyt. I had a Lyft driver who was supposed to pick me up hit the arrival button a block away, don't know if it was cuz I was black or going to the airport but he then canceled the ride and drove right past me. I've had Lyft drivers do that a few times, don't run into it on uber so much but I've had some weirdos

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Bro no offense but stfu G I live in queens it's not that easy to get a yellow cab like that Uber comes In handy as hell and a lot of them cab drivers Always on some fukk shyt
Did my post not say half of queens? How about you read? Those areas that are close to manhattan and have attracted spillover are easy to get cabs to and from, ain't nobody said the whole of queens. FOH

Danktoker94

The Dude
Supporter
Daps
Did my post not say half of queens? How about you read? Those areas that are close to manhattan and have attracted spillover are easy to get cabs to and from, ain't nobody said the whole of queens. FOH
fam what part is half of queens dummy name it I'm kinda curious what parts is it cuz if You talking LIC Uber is running that town smd nikka how u tryna tell me bout my own borough dum ass

606onit

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Passport Abuse
Also don't know why y'all act like uber and Lyft drivers don't do fukk shyt. I had a Lyft driver who was supposed to pick me up hit the arrival button a block away, don't know if it was cuz I was black or going to the airport but he then canceled the ride and drove right past me. I've had Lyft drivers do that a few times, don't run into it on uber so much but I've had some weirdos
Uber/Lyft drivers dont get the FINAL DESTINATION until they get to the pickup point. Maybe he didnt want to go to that area, and just canceled it. :manny:

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
New York City’s cab industry has been dramatically transformed by the influx of around 70,000 Uber and Lyft cars over the last six years. The competition has forced some taxi drivers, most of whom are immigrants, to work 12 to 15 hours shifts while watching their wages plummet. Another driver shot himself on Feb. 5 outside City Hall after penning a Facebook post that blamed the industry’s woes on politicians.

Chow, whose wife has been battling Stage 4 colon cancer, took out a $700,000 mortgage with Melrose Credit Union in 2011 and initially listed only the medallion as his collateral, according to documents viewed by the New York Post.

1527606835403.jpg

Lyft and Uber have come under fire in the wake of several New York City taxi driver suicides. (Reuters)

However, he refinanced five years later and put everything he owned as collateral—including his home—sources told the Post.:scust:

“It’s more strict than anything we’ve ever seen,’’ New York Taxi Workers Alliance Executive Director Bhairavi Desai said. “They are not negotiating lower interest rates and are now requiring the owners put personal property like their homes up as collateral. This is ruining drivers’ lives.”

Before he took his own life, Chow could no longer afford his daughter’s college education nor his wife’s medical bills.

The credit union, which was taken over by the government last year due to “unsafe and unsound” practices, also reportedly financed the loan of Nicanor Ochisor, a taxicab driver who hanged himself in March over financial woes that he blamed on Uber and Lyft.

Regarding Chow’s death, a spokesperson from Uber told Fox News: “We are deeply saddened and our thoughts are with his family.”

1527606613470.jpg

Uber and other ride-sharing apps have come under fire in the wake of several New York City taxi driver suicides. (Reuters)

Fox News has reached out to Lyft for comment on this article.

Taxi medallions, which were once sold for over $1 million, can now be had for as little as $175,000, according to data from the Taxi and Limousine Commission.

The New York City Council is considering several bills that would curb the expansion of ride-sharing services—by charging annual fees to drivers, limiting how many apps one person can drive for or limiting the number of cars each company can have in operation.

A family member set up a GoFundMe to cover the costs of Chow’s widow’s medical bills.

“It’s a tragedy,” taxi driver Bigu Haider, 53, told the Post. “This never used to happen before.”

FeloniousMonk

Dont mind me..Im a azzhole
Daps
Reppin
Them Lo Lifes...
Its the GPS.

Ive complained to LYFT about on more than one occasion.

BUT, you can call them to see where they at, just like they can call you.

Yet, dude was chicken shyt.

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps
Thats true they get punished for canceling rides though and ultimately get fired.

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
I feel your argument and have said as much when it comes to automation and so on, but I don't think this logic can be applied here. If cab companies had kept their prices reasonable/competitive and didn't have a history of purposely ignoring minorities, rideshare services likely wouldn't have the foothold they do now.

Uber/Lyft didn't come along and undercut totally reasonable cab companies out of nowhere;, they were instituted and came through with competitive pricing and liberal policies that provided a service with (reasonable) prices.Simple as that....
I’ll say what you said simpler.

fukk them and they brought this on themselves.

If they made their fares more fair and kept the cars cleaned and treated every passenger equally then they’ll have the public’s support. We’re a democracy so whoever goes against ride-sharing is getting voted the fukk out. Politicians know so that’s why they’re like :yeshrug: