Uber and Lyft got these Taxi Drivers Bodying themselves

Atlrocafella

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia
Can’t feel bad for them, especially in NYC, they were straight robbing niccas, and That’s IF they wanted to pick you Up. Then they tell you where they aren’t going to drop you off :dead:, and the flat $65 fee from Manhattan to LGA :smh:. I was glad Uber came in and crushed the buildings.

Last edited:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Uber/Lyft drivers dont get the FINAL DESTINATION until they get to the pickup point. Maybe he didnt want to go to that area, and just canceled it. :manny:
Yea, I know they can't see until they arrive to pick you up which is why he hit arrived early then canceled. Again, this has happened more than once tho and with all non black drivers. So whether it's destination or a race thing, it's still some fukk shyt you gotta deal with from these app rides too.
Its the GPS.

Ive complained to LYFT about on more than one occasion.

BUT, you can call them to see where they at, just like they can call you.

Yet, dude was chicken shyt.
nah, dude was being an ass. But I did complain and got a credit to my account, but that still doesn't make up for the fact that I had to wait 10 minutes for that ride only to have to wait another 10 for the next available driver...that was in LA as well, that 20 minutes with their ever changing shytty traffic could've made me miss my flight.

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I can't help but remember when me and my sister were next in line for a taxi late one night and were passed by for some white people.

FeloniousMonk

Dont mind me..Im a azzhole
Daps
Reppin
Them Lo Lifes...
Yea, I know they can't see until they arrive to pick you up which is why he hit arrived early then canceled. Again, this has happened more than once tho and with all non black drivers. So whether it's destination or a race thing, it's still some fukk shyt you gotta deal with from these app rides too.
How bout being a poc driver and a poc (young indian woman) cancels the ride, when she realizes your're a black man.

had me sit and wait, then canceled the ride..to have another lyft come not 2 minutes later.

The only reason why Im assuming this is because I was sitting directly in front of her house, and when she realized I was there had a goofy azz look on her face getting into the other lyft.

Oh and Ive 1 or 2 people request a ride then cancel only to request a ride again, cancel, then request again not realizing Im the only lyft available in the area.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
How bout being a poc driver and a poc (young indian woman) cancels the ride, when she realizes your're a black man.

had me sit and wait, then canceled the ride..to have another lyft come not 2 minutes later.

The only reason why Im assuming this is because I was sitting directly in front of her house, and when she realized I was there had a goofy azz look on her face getting into the other lyft.

Oh and Ive 1 or 2 people request a ride then cancel only to request a ride again, cancel, then request again not realizing Im the only lyft available in the area.
That's some fukk shyt too, but at least they cancel so you don't have to deal with their crazy asses. I could only imagine picking up a :mjpls: passenger and them saying some crazy shyt to me...

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
its not uber's fault., this is typical NYC tammany hall bullshyt :scusthov: they need to let these dudes drop out of these medallions

i dont give a fukk about cabs or cab drivers, but the city needs to make this right so uber doesnt actually get blamed. it's THEIR fault

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
There's shyt these companies are developing that would have people fearing for their futures. But as long as it's the "help" getting hit first......

In 30 years the US is going to be a dystopian anime with three classes; the elite, the police/military, and everyone else on the bottom.

I'm thinking of getting into law enforcement and working with the government when they automate my job...it's coming. :mjgrin:

Contrefaire

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
West Coast
Prices, perhaps, ignoring of minorities......let's be real, your average Uber user isn't thinking about "One less cab passing up a black guy :jawalrus:"

No, and I wasn't saying there were, just noting that it was an added benefit.

as some poor schlub makes about $2 off that trip hauling them around. [....] Taxi driver's are in debt and Uber has been reduced to one hustle of many. If Uber usurped taxi dominance and saw to it that it was a sustainable career option for it's drivers I would be behind it. Instead it has begun pushing this low wage gig culture and I just don't see that as good for society in the long run.

Well, I can't say I disagree with the last points, especially the bolded because I get what you're saying, but really, something had to give.Taxis had basically 100% market share and had gotten insane with their prices because of it. It was really only a matter of time before some industrious person came along and created an alternative. I remember in the late 2000s/early 2010s there were already college kids basically running their own mini Ubers/shuttles on campuses to curtail drunk driving. Obviously someone was going to take that to its next logical conclusion.

And to be fair, being a cabbie (like driving for Uber) has a long history of being a moonlighting gig for supplemental, rather than primary income. Yeah for many it became a full time career, especially for immigrants, but the hours were similar, the base pay often not much better and the work no more or less monotonous. Those who went career as cabbies worked grueling hours a lot of times.

The real difference here is that with cabs, there was a longstanding culture of cash tipping, which in the early days Uber pretty much dissuaded, and has only recently come to embrace, although some customers still haven't. I agree with you about the unsubstantially of low wage gig culture, but at the same time, consider the idea that maybe working for rideshare services is more in the vein of a stepping stone "job", rather than a fulltime career gig with great pay and retirement benefits to aspire to. As of now I'd put Uber/Lyft more in line with waiting tables or cashiering. It's more or less something you do for a while in order to make/save money and move onto something else at this point.

Contrefaire

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
West Coast
Reasonably priced is relative, cabs in ny, bos, philly, Chicago weren't expensive, they have a big industry. Of course in Cali and other states where most people own cars they cost more, but when you have fewer cabs and a much smaller ridership, why/how would their fares makes sense being the same as a place like NYC where they had 85-90% utilization rates?

Well first, what's your idea of "not expensive" and second, how do those prices compare with modern day rideshare pricing? Because I've traveled all over the country and still haven't found prices as cheap as Uber anywhere, and with a lot less hassle. And I've found that to be true internationally as well...

KENNY DA COOKER

HARD ON HOES is not a word it's a LIFESTYLE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F
Also don't know why y'all act like uber and Lyft drivers don't do fukk shyt. I had a Lyft driver who was supposed to pick me up hit the arrival button a block away, don't know if it was cuz I was black or going to the airport but he then canceled the ride and drove right past me. I've had Lyft drivers do that a few times, don't run into it on uber so much but I've had some weirdos

wow :dead: