Uber and Lyft got these Taxi Drivers Bodying themselves

Atlrocafella

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia
I remember I was at Miami airport and still was new to uber so I decided to cab instead. Asked the cabbie how much to take me to my hotel, nikka said a flat $45, I was like damn that’s high but fukk it.

I came back two months later and decided to use uber to that exact hotel from the airport. Wanna know much I paid? $18

Get robbed for an extra $27 brehs :mjgrin:.

Htrb-nvr-blk-&-ug-as-evr

Black and not crackin’
Supporter
Daps
How bout being a poc driver and a poc (young indian woman) cancels the ride, when she realizes your're a black man.

had me sit and wait, then canceled the ride..to have another lyft come not 2 minutes later.

The only reason why Im assuming this is because I was sitting directly in front of her house, and when she realized I was there had a goofy azz look on her face getting into the other lyft.

Oh and Ive 1 or 2 people request a ride then cancel only to request a ride again, cancel, then request again not realizing Im the only lyft available in the area.

Can you rate them for that behavior as a driver?

No Homo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jigga with the Roley and the Vest
Cabbie in Brooklyn years ago sped off so fast when my boy (Black) tried opening the back door to the extent he almost dragged him..

Similar thing happened to me and 2 of my friends in LES years ago..soon as we said we were going to brooklyn, cab sped off with the door open and almost dragged our friend(who is female) as she was just about to get in

FlimFlam

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think ppl missing the main point. Cabbie bought the medallion for 700k, he planned to sell it to the next person for profit, they even went up to a millie at one time.. Instead the value plummeted drastically.

Same thing happens to nyc hot dog vendors.

What's going on with that hot dog situation? Would expect that to still be craccin especially in a place like nyc

Big Blue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
IMO, NYC, and maybe a couple other cities, is the one city where they should better regulate ridesharing - at least in the more trafficked areas. Cabs are easy to come by and cheap, not like other places where you might have to call a cab ahead of time and pay an arm and a leg. No need to wait for uber/Lyft in 90% of manhattan, 50% of Brooklyn and queens.

That said, them (and philly and Boston) cab drivers liked to be :mjpls: about picking up black passengers, bet they'd stop for a black person now :sas1:
What are you talking about??

You're not even allowed to hail yellow cabs if you're not in Manhattan.
Cabbies would drive off if your destination is an outer borough.

fukk the TLC and their inability to innovate.

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Similar thing happened to me and 2 of my friends in LES years ago..soon as we said we were going to brooklyn, cab sped off with the door open and almost dragged our friend(who is female) as she was just about to get in

I could almost feel empathy for them, with their careers on the line and all..but they refused to give even Danny Glover a ride so:francis:

OC's finest

All Star
Daps
fk is a taxi cab medallion

shyts a grimey corrupt industry

i ant never even heard of this shyt, but these medallions really serve no purpose other than corruption and underworld shyt