Uber and Lyft got these Taxi Drivers Bodying themselves

Contrefaire

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
West Coast
I hate cabs with a passion but this isn't the way to go. I don't know why people see this shyt happening and don't think their industry will ever be affected. If your shyt can't be automated companies will just find a way to have someone do it cheaper. This is really the time to be pushing back against the shyt but it's just "too convenient." Once they overwhelm the blue collar/low level white collar fields the blue print will be set for the higher paying fields. Soon companies are going to be high level executives/managers and a revolving army of low paid independent freelancers.

I feel your argument and have said as much when it comes to automation and so on, but I don't think this logic can be applied here. If cab companies had kept their prices reasonable/competitive and didn't have a history of purposely ignoring minorities, rideshare services likely wouldn't have the foothold they do now.

Uber/Lyft didn't come along and undercut totally reasonable cab companies out of nowhere;, they were instituted and came through with competitive pricing and liberal policies that provided a service with (reasonable) prices.Simple as that....

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
I feel your argument and have said as much when it comes to automation and so on, but I don't think this logic can be applied here. If cab companies had kept their prices reasonable/competitive and didn't have a history of purposely ignoring minorities, rideshare services likely wouldn't have the foothold they do now.

Uber/Lyft didn't come along and undercut totally reasonable cab companies out of nowhere;, they were instituted and came through with competitive pricing and liberal policies that provided a service with (reasonable) prices.Simple as that....

Prices, perhaps, ignoring of minorities......let's be real, your average Uber user isn't thinking about "One less cab passing up a black guy :jawalrus:" as some poor schlub makes about $2 off that trip hauling them around. I've never used Uber so I wonder what the rate comparisons look like compared to what I'm used to via a cab. Cab dispatching was also an issue as no one had to come get you. There are so many Ubers out there someone will come get you. I definitely see the benefits but there's no winner here except the consumer (for now) and the company. Taxi driver's are in debt and Uber has been reduced to one hustle of many. If Uber usurped taxi dominance and saw to it that it was a sustainable career option for it's drivers I would be behind it. Instead it has begun pushing this low wage gig culture and I just don't see that as good for society in the long run.

Balla

Superstar
Daps
I wish I played pro ball man. That seems like the only way blacks can get into the elite, entertainment.

There's shyt these companies are developing that would have people fearing for their futures. But as long as it's the "help" getting hit first......

In 30 years the US is going to be a dystopian anime with three classes; the elite, the police/military, and everyone else on the bottom.

Balla

Superstar
Daps
I still wanna get into the IT game, shyt, don't tell me now bs is gonna happen. What do you notice that could change in the field ? And how will you prepare for it?

Facts, man. I just got in the IT game myself and I see right off the bat a ton of things that could be changed to eliminate my job immediately. Folks laugh and talk shyt, but whatever we doing for a career now, we could be hustling trying to do 2-3 freelance jobs a week in 5 years when the right application or robot
gets invented. I don't wanna say the sky is falling, but fukk, its getting real out here. No matter your job, someone is testing something to do better than you. If not better, they will pay you LESS in order to make sure it doesn't fukk up. Or worse, your job going to India.

sfgiants

BANNED
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Get with it, or get left behind...

Hailing and dialing for cabs was some of the most unreliable shyt ever.....
it sucks but it's the nature of the beast unfortunately, maybe traditional ways will come back one day....
:francis:

fukk cabs

Was in NYC in January one year near that Chelsea pier freezing my dikk off flagging these bytches down and they either blew by or would stop 5 feet in front of me and let someone else get in

Uber/lyft picking me up no questions asked. And they got waters and shyt on deck :blessed:

peppe

Superstar
Daps
i say fukk em, when I compared prices of uber in paris/london these cab drives were straight up ripping me off. Go with the times and adapt.

If you are fresh of the boat you have no reason what so ever to get a $700K loan. that's just stupidity and totally on you.