UAB Blazers shut their football program down:wow:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Brah, this shyt doesn't make any sense. UAB isn't getting shut down, just the football team. I highly doubt what you are saying is even slightly accurate.

And where did I say that UAB was getting "shut" down....

I said the undergrad program will probably be done away with over time.......and this was a sentiment slightly expressed by the former president, Dr. Garrison

Daps
Reppin
NULL
@Peter Vecsey wasn't b ham suppose to get a dome stadium?

:ehh:

Kind of sort of....Maybe.

There was a proposed ballot of a former Governor to get a state lottery and use the funds to not only send Alabama kids to state colleges for free(in essence), but to also build a dome in downtown Bham to host conventions and other major events...

shyt got shot down with the quickness

Rob's al Ghul

LOCKin' 'em down in the home of the Terrapins
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
410/301/202
Reading about the Bryant Jr.-Bama tie-in...:ohhh:That's crazy. Probably could make a case for a corruption investigation, not that it would've gotten far. And Watts is a coward.

I just hope this doesn't become common, w/e the reasons. Once the Power 5 split, we may see more of these mid-tier programs getting killed off.

The constant sniffling in the background, though...:sad:

Lakers Offseason

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
To me, that's kind of it in a nutshell....Its about the city...not UAB in my opinion...

Hell, Tulane and Old Dominion have football programs......

I'm trying to get a clearer picture of what's going on, but if they think ending the football program at UAB will stop the progressive movement in Birmingham, then these honkies are dumb as fukk.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
I'm trying to get a clearer picture of what's going on, but if they think ending the football program at UAB will stop the progressive movement in Birmingham, then these honkies are dumb as fukk.
This opens the door for a pro team of some sort to come there now.

But on the real...I really hate stumbling across stories like these

mozichrome

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Program develop and start to compete for recruits in the same state
university of alabama got scared that uab would get some of their recruits so they disbanded the program

them quotes from the tweets. UA/AU really be competing with UAB for kids like that. yeah maybe the local kids but not the big national kids

DerrtySouthpaw

Gawdisbyke
Daps
Reppin
404 to 205
the med school regressed since the new pres got here. parking is a legitimate problem here. they tried to close honor programs (history department might go next) and a lot of teachers think certain undergrad programs will have to move to UA since UAB is a "branch" of UA (classes i took 2 years ago dont count cause they overhauled the physical education program this past summer) . its not about money or UAB,the biggest employer in the state, struggling financially. UA board kept them from hiring jimbo fisher in 06 and building a new stadium. (nobody wants to spectate in broken down legion field + its in the middle of where white people are scared to go. ) the UA board is like the repub party. say no to everything.i dont think UA ever wanted uab to be shyt athletically cause they tried that with the bball team too. if montgomery and mobile can have d1 football schools so can birmingham if u ask me :yeshrug: they let go the rifling team and bowling at the same time too for additional collateral damage :pachaha:

Last edited:

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This shyt has me flat out furious......

This not only a penis envy move from the boards of Trustees at Alabama, but its also a thinly veiled racial fukk u to the movement of making Bham a progressive city

Yall have no idea how deep this shyt is
Birmingham has been left behind by Atlanta and Charlotte, seems like this would continue. UAT wants no parts of a sucessful black program, they want to run the negros into the ground crimson tide style