UAB Blazers shut their football program down:wow:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
It will take a year to go through everything...

Bottom line is this...Alabama is still butt hurt over the end of Jim Crow, and they want to validate the white flight from Bham, to the point that they will put football over the welfare of the state...Real Talk....This is just not about UAB, this is about BHAM...This is a bullet in the progress of Bham becoming a new age progressive city...

Now, this book doesn't directly address what I'm talking about, but you need to somewhat understand the mindstate.....The city of Bham is still ran by old white money...... The book below kind of delves into the mind state of the old guard of Alabama, and ironically, it was written by a well to do white woman...She doesn't go completely in, but she drops some serious gems...and this is just breaking the ice really

51mDrnJRLQL._AA160_.jpg

andre patton

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SoCal
I find it hard to believe a football program not turning a profit. Especially one in the South.

Is that really the case here?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I find it hard to believe a football program not turning a profit. Especially one in the South.

The Athletic Dept is breaking even so to speak...But, UAB has been doing this with a dilapidated home field on the wrong side of town...IF there was a small dome near the city campus, the gate for the games would be making money

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
It will take a year to go through everything...

Bottom line is this...Alabama is still butt hurt over the end of Jim Crow, and they want to validate the white flight from Bham, to the point that they will put football over the welfare of the state...Real Talk....This is just not about UAB, this is about BHAM...This is a bullet in the progress of Bham becoming a new age progressive city...

Now, this book doesn't directly address what I'm talking about, but you need to somewhat understand the mindstate.....The city of Bham is still ran by old white money...... The book below kind of delves into the mind state of the old guard of Alabama, and ironically, it was written by a well to do white woman...She doesn't go completely in, but she drops some serious gems...and this is just breaking the ice really

51mDrnJRLQL._AA160_.jpg

Could it just be that the UA BOT controlling UAB football is just a conflict of interest. The better and more attractive UAB becomes it hurts UA.

Yes, There is no such thing as a UAB fan. You either alabama or Auburn.

No one is going to go to UAB game over watching UA/AU on TV

Flash Thunderton

The 4th Migo
Daps
Reppin
ATL
At most universities football is the most profitable sport.

So how would cutting it help the players?

Bit, this cute me deep. My old high school gym teacher's son was a WR at UAB, a freshman this year :mjcry:

Goat poster

KANG LIFE
Daps
WOW!!!!

They say college athletics is about the STUDENTS but in the end they are always the ones to get fukked over cause it all boils down to money.

We know most of those dudes come from harsh backgrounds and have dedicated themselves to that program.

Like last dude said "what are they gonna do now"????

andre patton

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SoCal
Could it just be that the UA BOT controlling UAB football is just a conflict of interest. The better and more attractive UAB becomes it hurts UA.

Dont people go to school there tho? Arent the students and alumni fans of their own school?

Daps
Reppin
NULL

Yes..There is wild kinetic energy in Bham that can generate a powerhouse city, and football program that can compete with the school in Tuscaloosa and they know this.....

And sad to say, you're right about UAB fans....There's a small amount of UAB fans, but a lot of UAB supporters..There is a difference. But denying UAB the change to organically grow that fan base is an criminal offense economically speaking against Bham

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Dont people go to school there tho? Arent the students and alumni fans of their own school?
No, they are fans of alabama and Auburn.

I went to Grad school there, UAB is one of the top medical schools in the country and it is commuter school

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Yes..There is wild kinetic energy in Bham that can generate a powerhouse city, and football program that can compete with the school in Tuscaloosa and they know this.....

And sad to say, you're right about UAB fans....There's a small amount of UAB fans, but a lot of UAB supporters..There is a difference. But denying UAB the change to organically grow that fan base is an criminal offense economically speaking against Bham
I do agree that UAB wasn't given a fair chance to succeed. It was set up to fail

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps

I went to Grad school there, UAB is one of the top medical schools in the country and it is commuter school
I keep hearing about that medical school

Daps
Reppin
NULL

Yes it is...and its the biggest money\employer in the state and the research\grant money might be>>>>than what Alabama gets off there own tuition...

You need to stop a sleeping giant in its tracks...and that's what they're doing...

Quiet as kept, the whole undergrad program at UAB is probably gonna be wiped out...Watch what I tell ya...

Strictly a top notch research school getting top notch government money for their research and grad school programs...

This is what the powers that be want.....The city of Bham can't have this type of shine.....

And to think, this attack was not powered by a Historical Politician, Businessman, or Founding Father of Alabama....it was all done by the son of a football coach.......

That's where the mind state of Alabamians are.....