Tyler Perry's newest drama, “Divorce in the Black”, nabs a shocking and exceedingly rare 0% score on Rotten Tomatoes.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
this must mean that the mainstream movies ain't paying shyt. or at least far less than what most of ya'll think.

this is why I've long been of the mind that the majority of actors that are fairly well known are just like regular people living check to check.
99% of actors are working actors. don't get it twisted.

"As of March 2024, ZipRecruiter reported that the average salary for an actor in the United States was $56,903 per year, with a range of $15,500 to $139,500. As of July 2024, ZipRecruiter also reported that the average hourly pay for an actor was $27.36, with a range of $7.45 to $67.07. The majority of actor wages fall between the 25th percentile of $14.42 and the 75th percentile of $22.12"

shyt ain't all it's cracked up to be. The megastars of acting are the 1% just like regular jobs.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
this must mean that the mainstream movies ain't paying shyt. or at least far less than what most of ya'll think.

this is why I've long been of the mind that the majority of actors that are fairly well known are just like regular people living check to check.
Not necessarily true. It’s easier to pay your actors more when you take on as many roles as TP does in his productions.

I don’t have a problem with it at all, but he and others should be mindful of that when complaining about not being taken serious as an actor with how he tends to cheap out in his work.

King Poetic

The D.O.G.( Disciple of God)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County, California
Tyler Will continue to eat because he write for black women and he knows what they like… fukked up relationships stories, they are some powerful independent bosses in the movies, and the church..

He knows the game for his pocket

But i give him credit for helping out black actors

Daps
Why do people continue to watch his films?! You deserve that wasted time if you go ahead and watch a Tyler Perry film

Mac Ten

Class of 97 !!!
Daps
Reppin
B-More
TP def made movies where damn near every character had something major going on with their lives :dwillhuh:

Why Did I Get Married had

Doctor married to Lawyer
Pro Athlete turned Sportscaster married to successful business owner
Architect married to best selling author
I forget what Mike did but he was well off too, Jill Scott was a housewife

Mike used his connections to get Troy a job with the police department without no strings attached at Sheila’s request…

He was noble for that alone considering that he couldn’t see an another black man unemployed . Most cats would have been like:martin:and :hhh: at helping the new cat get a job.

Crazy enough that Mike had Cancer during the whole second movie too and still forgave Troy for punching him.

Mac Ten

Class of 97 !!!
Daps
Reppin
B-More
I'm not gonna give Tyler credit for paying actors. Of course he can when he not paying for writers, producers or directors.

Give a young black filmmaker a chance to shine cuz yo shyt sucks

Tyler ain’t trying to have someone else taint his vision up so I can understand that…

On an another note, Tyler is using his power to help his people. Dude created his own Marvel Universe.

I gained a new appreciation for him when he helped Cicely Tyson pay her rent during her last days on Earth

Mac Ten

Class of 97 !!!
Daps
Reppin
B-More
Why do people continue to watch his films?! You deserve that wasted time if you go ahead and watch a Tyler Perry film

Shyt, Tyler has some good joints in his catalog:

Diary Of A Mad Black Woman
Meet The Browns
Acrimony
Madea’s Family reunion
Why Did I Get Married(both movies)
Madea Christmas

Watching these movies on BET at work on a security detail at Johns Hopkins made me appreciate em more.

BET was playing this nikka’s stuff nonstop during the pandemic heavy.

I hated that Madea Christmas movie where Tika Sumpter was with the cac

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
Shyt, Tyler has some good joints in his catalog:

Diary Of A Mad Black Woman
Meet The Browns
Acrimony
Madea’s Family reunion
Why Did I Get Married(both movies)
Madea Christmas

Watching these movies on BET at work on a security detail at Johns Hopkins made me appreciate em more.

BET was playing this nikka’s stuff nonstop during the pandemic heavy.

I hated that Madea Christmas movie where Tika Sumpter was with the cac

Acrimony was alright up until that ending, such a stupid ending to me

I liked his nighttime soap operas though, the Haves and The Have Nots and If You Loving You Is Wrong was pure fukkery :russ:

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
Mike used his connections to get Troy a job with the police department without no strings attached at Sheila’s request…

He was noble for that alone considering that he couldn’t see an another black man unemployed . Most cats would have been like:martin:and :hhh: at helping the new cat get a job.

Crazy enough that Mike had Cancer during the whole second movie too and still forgave Troy for punching him.
Yea I wish they did a part 3 to it :ehh:

They shouldn’t had killed Gavin off imo

Mike character development in part 2 was dope, would have been interesting to see where they went with it next :ehh:

Prolly full circle with Mike winning Sheila back over as her marriage falls apart :heh: