Tyler Perry's newest drama, “Divorce in the Black”, nabs a shocking and exceedingly rare 0% score on Rotten Tomatoes.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
is it any different than the reality show minstrelities and drug dealer/hood joints?

all in the same boat to me. Difference is, he answers to no one.

So one man's writing trash is another's treasure I guess.
We call out those shows for being as though. In the case of TP, you and others justify it by saying “well at least he employs black actors” like other shows aren’t out here doing the same.

The pay excuse means nothing because he can literally do that when he does EVERYTHING all by himself.

You can’t do that, but also gripe and complain about not being taken serious as an actor like him and others have done.

cyndaquil

Lv 100 Bold natured
Daps
Reppin
JOHTO REGION
They should really go all in on a Hollywood level Yasuke movie. Depicting his life as a Samurai. Or a black spy thriller or something that isn't half a comedy but serious.
But I guess this goes into the territory of "what is a black movie?" Because the equalizer has Denzel Washington basically playing a black james bond type character but it's not a black movie :jbhmm:

I pick shyt up
Daps
Reppin
Vixens, Mascara's, Mary-Ann's
I hate when my girl has the remote

I learn about the underworld of all the terrible shyt.. Apps I never even heard of with nothing but bullshyt..

I was at her crib Saturday night and she turned this on.. I was halfway paying attention when she did and thought the the opening scene was the middle of the movie :dead:

Then big momma said get the body out of the casket and leave the casket here:dead:

I looked at my girl and said this some Tyler Perry shyt ain't it

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
We call out those shows for being as though. In the case of TP, you and others justify it by saying “well at least he employs black actors” like other shows aren’t out here doing the same.

The pay excuse means nothing because he can literally do that when he does EVERYTHING all by himself.

You can’t do that, but also gripe and complain about not being taken serious as an actor like him and others have done.

I get it.

But at least he pays our people well for his fukkery unlike the crehs. :yeshrug:

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Tyler Perry ripping off :duck:

:mjlol:

Ma Beagle and the Beagle Boys...

dzbcpm-dc86c707-1e2a-4987-a79b-33172b77c54b.jpg
you know what?

:ohhh:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
The last time TP had a legit banger was "Why Did I Get Married 2" :hubie:

That, The Family That Prays, Diary, and Madea Goes to jail were legit alright. Look don't judge, the marsupial was down bad at the time and actually binge through his shyt flinging flicks and shows.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Man fukk Rotten Tomatoes. They gave the wash 8%

Belly 23%
Belly is a gorgeous movie but be for real :dead:

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Don’t nikkas get tired of the same 3rd rate blaxploitation archetypes

Is there nikkas out here doing OTHER shyt?? nikkas should’ve already been moved on to writing Solar Punk or mass adapting Octavia Butler cyberpunk stuff
They gave yall nikkas the Black sci-fi yall keep asking for with Altered Carbon season 2 but yall hated because Anthony Mackie was in it :mjpls:

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
I get it.

But at least he pays our people well for his fukkery unlike the crehs. :yeshrug:

:yeshrug:my thing is, I don't see the point in people "complaining" with TP at this point. I don't agree with calling his stuff exploitation or minstrel cause there's way more egregious shyt out there, it ain't Spielberg, but compared to the shyt Adam Sandler gets away with putting out, I don't see the reason behind people crying about the shyt.

Not to mention nobody is forcing anybody to watch the shyt. It ain't 1995 anymore.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
:yeshrug:my thing is, I don't see the point in people "complaining" with TP at this point. I don't agree with calling his stuff exploitation or minstrel cause there's way more egregious shyt out there, it ain't Spielberg, but compared to the shyt Adam Sandler gets away with putting out, I don't see the reason behind people crying about the shyt.

Not to mention nobody is forcing anybody to watch the shyt. It ain't 1995 anymore.
Agreed.

for the record I do think the drug dealer and reality tv joints are WAY WORSE than TP's stuff

LevelUp

Born To Mack
Daps
I hate when my girl has the remote

I learn about the underworld of all the terrible shyt.. Apps I never even heard of with nothing but bullshyt..

I was at her crib Saturday night and she turned this on.. I was halfway paying attention when she did and thought the the opening scene was the middle of the movie :dead:

Then big momma said get the body out of the casket and leave the casket here:dead:

I looked at my girl and said this some Tyler Perry shyt ain't it
:mjlol:

I pick shyt up
Daps
Reppin
Vixens, Mascara's, Mary-Ann's
Agreed.

for the record I do think the drug dealer and reality tv joints are WAY WORSE than TP's stuff
Bro I didn't even know this shyt existed..

There's an app called Now That's TV.. some of the most ignant shyt I've ever seen

There was a reality show where all they did was fight every 2-3 minutes.. I thought we were looking at highlights or flashbacks but nah that was an episode..

And lil scrappy is hosting a show with a bunch of strippers on it..