Tyler Perry's newest drama, “Divorce in the Black”, nabs a shocking and exceedingly rare 0% score on Rotten Tomatoes.

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
I myself enjoy most Tyler Perry movies, I'm biased though. I remember my grandmother was growing ill and hardly used to leave the house. Well my aunts would only get her out to go to the theatre to see TP movies and man she loved them. I guess I always appreciated him giving older church going black women something they would enjoy. Thats his demographic and yes they love his movies and made him rich. You won't catch me dissing dude for serving an audience that is usually underserved.
I do appreciate Perry giving black actors consistent work. :manny:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
We need a Coli Cinematic Universe.

First Movie - related to Pawging
Second Movie - ADOS vs FBA war
Third/Final Movie - Pawgs behind the whole ADOS vs FBA War and then the Bothsiders help take out everyone with Tariq ending up as Dictator of Earth. :wow:

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Yeah off that strength alone, Rotten Tomatoes can eat a Hype Williams Director's Cut multicolored dikk.

just tells you a lot about the reviewers and sites who's reviews they allow to be counted.

So you got 100 reviews from various people/sites/places and only 8 had a favorable review of The Wash? 95 of em had to be cac and cac adjacent.

edit: DITB has a 73% audience score so what does that tell you? :mjpls:

fukk these reviewers, the people have spoken :yeshrug:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
just tells you a lot about the reviewers and sites who's reviews they allow to be counted.

So you got 100 reviews from various people/sites/places and only 8 had a favorable review of The Wash? 95 of em had to be cac and cac adjacent.

Breh IMDB is guilty of this shyt to the tee :mjpls: . That's why I take them review sites as a grain of salt because it's always so hidden agenda bullshyt.

cyndaquil

Lv 100 Bold natured
Daps
Reppin
JOHTO REGION
Yall in here talking bout racism on rotten tomatoes (yes its a thing) but go watch it. That shyt was absolute trash. When yall gonna admit that Tyler Perry's media us formulaic and insulting to the audiences that watch him rehash the same shut over and over? He got some good ones back in the day but now? Nah he just a machine that pumps out relationship drama, church, abuse story movies constantly.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Breh IMDB is guilty of this shyt to the tee :mjpls: . That's why I take them review sites as a grain of salt because it's always so hidden agenda bullshyt.

99% cac review people and sites. Of course their shyt gets counted towards the overall. :mjpls:

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Yall in here talking bout racism on rotten tomatoes (yes its a thing) but go watch it. That shyt was absolute trash. When yall gonna admit that Tyler Perry's media us formulaic and insulting to the audiences that watch him rehash the same shut over and over? He got some good ones back in the day but now? Nah he just a machine that pumps out relationship drama, church, abuse story movies constantly.
don't hate the playa, hate the game.

despite his trash writing, he does employee vast majority black. gives many black actors their biggest paydays (out of their own mouths), and answers to no cac.

I'll allow his foolishness and again obviously his audience don't care and loves it.

nikkaz will shyt on TP, but then do somersaults over the next drug dealer tv series or reality minstrel show.

:mjlol:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm

despite his trash writing, he does employee vast majority black. gives many black actors their biggest paydays (out of their own mouths), and answers to no cac.

I'll allow his foolishness and again obviously his audience don't care and loves it.
Is that supposed to justify his trash ass writing?

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Is that supposed to justify his trash ass writing?

is it any different than the reality show minstrelities and drug dealer/hood joints?

all in the same boat to me. Difference is, he answers to no one.

So one man's writing trash is another's treasure I guess.

cyndaquil

Lv 100 Bold natured
Daps
Reppin
JOHTO REGION

nikkaz will shyt on TP, but then do somersaults over the next drug dealer tv series or reality minstrel show.

Nah that is another thing 50 cent does it too why are the other stories crime dramas?
I'm tryna watch some black science fiction they got a dope one on Netflix right now about some UK brehs who gained powers. I wanna see more stuff like that with us branching out into other genres besides dramas.
We started getting more stuff like that with Lovecraft country, and such.

Daps
Reppin
Occulonimbus edoequus
Something I was thinking about to. What purpose did Dallas brothers have in this film? Them mutafukkas had like 6 semi-lines in the entire film.

Tyler Perry ripping off :duck:

Ma Beagle and the Beagle Boys...

dzbcpm-dc86c707-1e2a-4987-a79b-33172b77c54b.jpg