Tyler Perry's newest drama, “Divorce in the Black”, nabs a shocking and exceedingly rare 0% score on Rotten Tomatoes.

inndaskKy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That was Tempation with Jurnee Smollet. :pachaha:
Her walking with a limp at the end after telling the story to the couple:mjlol:

HIV gives you a limp now?

TP hell :russ:
It gives the person you're trying to f*ck with a limp...

...a limp d*ck that is.
tumblr_mlmew6Qrmp1s3lkcbo4_250.gif

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps
My question, are there black men like that in 2024? Like how Ole boy is?

Was it a good representation of black men?

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I never understood why people shyt on Tyler Perry movies. You know you’re going to get a terrible product going in, so why are you surprised

that argument holds some weight back in the early 2000's, but at this point, we expect him to do better given that he has his own studio, own production company, and the backing of multiple major streamers.

it's like he's filming these movies on a shoestring budget and then pocketing the rest for himself.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
that argument holds some weight back in the early 2000's, but at this point, we expect him to do better given that he has his own studio, own production company, and the backing of multiple major streamers.

it's like he's filming these movies on a shoestring budget and then pocketing the rest for himself.

according to his black actors/actresses, they've gotten their biggest paydays fukkin with TP. Can't even hate, terrible movies and shows be damned :yeshrug:

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
according to his black actors/actresses, they've gotten their biggest paydays fukkin with TP. Can't even hate, terrible movies and shows be damned :yeshrug:

:manny:and that's the main reason why I backed off TP early on. Not to mention, dudes careers be taking off from his projects from time to time. These cacs is short changing are talent, why wouldn't they go when they can do their craft and kick their feet up after awhile.

Maybe Jordan Peele who will get there some day.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
:manny:and that's the main reason why I backed off TP early on. Not to mention, dudes careers be taking off from his projects from time to time. These cacs is short changing are talent, why wouldn't they go when they can do their craft and kick their feet up after awhile.

Maybe Jordan Peele who will get there some day.
Like who?

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)

this must mean that the mainstream movies ain't paying shyt. or at least far less than what most of ya'll think.

this is why I've long been of the mind that the majority of actors that are fairly well known are just like regular people living check to check.