Tyler Perry Responds To Critics Of His Latest Movie

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
If he turns his back in his core audience he has a chance of losing their support completely. Never turn your back on your core fanbase.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm genuinely curious. If Tyler has the reputation for making bad movies and he has become a joke in the black community for it
then how does He still make money. Are people seriously still buying his movies in 2024:gucci:
Dude got an audience that he built up the hardway...touring the country with self funded plays. That just so happens to be the most loyal fanbase there is (black women). Then you got their boyfriends/husbands that get forced into watching and now you got a generation of kids brought up with their moms, aunties, and grannys watching it so they watch it. And then you got the hate watchers who watch his shyt just to complain but they still watch.

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
Once people realize that Tyler Perry is The Black LifeTime Channel, they'll move on from the criticism because it's pointless, because his audience don't care. Once they do then maybe things will change or he'll decided to challenge himself and do something different. In the meantime how about champion the Black Directors & Writers that give quality content to shoot stories at his studio.
:ohhh:

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
I hope he doesn't put his bs in his WWII movie that he's making about the Black women soldiers. They deserve a good movie

I don't care about what he puts in fictional stuff
There is going to be a love triangle with 2 men and a woman, most of it happening right in the middle of a trench. And then another part of the story will be the worst performing soldier fukking the General to move up in the ranks. Mark my words for when the movie drops...

I'm too lazy...somebody make a thread with a poll on what the most likely "stories" or "plots" will be for the Tyler Perry WWII movie

xXOGLEGENDXx

Superstar
Daps
Never understood the Tyler Perry hate. He has an audience and he caters to it.

:yeshrug:

It's no different than literally any other business ever.
McDonald's makes burgers. Some people hate it, and some people love it. Doesn't make sense to criticize McDonalds for not selling steak.

If you don't like his brand of films....don't watch. Simple.

African Peasant

Veteran
Daps
This dude makes soap opera :yeshrug:

But I understand the critic:dude is basically a black hollywood by himself.

Another Tyler Perry is needed. Black movies catered to black people but wth other topics.