Tyler Perry Responds To Critics Of His Latest Movie

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Let's be reality. Tyler Perry has been more of less making the same movie for twenty years. It's clear is audience has caught wise to him and he needs to start evolving to the next level. I have quite a few friends and family who are big fans and we're underwhelmed.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People that hate Tyler want him to make Book of Clarence or American Fiction or some other (white) critically acclaimed Black film that they PASSED ON to go see Bad Boys 4 or Barbie,

Black film "lovers" be some of the worst, imo.

Most the cats hating on Tyler didn't see They Cloned Tyrone...

He feeds his audience first which is what a smart business man is supposed to do. The most realistic and sane criticism i heard is that folks would like for him to produce something besides his niche material because he has the money and influence to at least push it out without having to deal with the hollywood racist gatekeepers but still thats not his sole responsibility.

Nikkas always want to tell somebody what to do with their shyt instead of doing it themselves

:yeshrug:

Savvir

Veteran
Daps
Bullshyt response.
He got rich off these storylines

He continues making money off these storylines…

Why the fukk should he change?

Opinions vs the numbers in his bank account?

You gotta at least understand where he’s coming from. If people stopped watching his movies I bet he do a 180 real quick… but until then…

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps
He got rich off these storylines

He continues making money off these storylines…

Why the fukk should he change?

Opinions vs the numbers in his bank account?

You gotta at least understand where he’s coming from. If people stopped watching his movies I bet he do a 180 real quick… but until then…
I completely understand that he has a formula that works. However he's talking about God putting him in the place and giving people that can't afford it therapy as if he's serving some higher purpose. I don't dislike him, but don't give me all this bullshyt. Just say I found the money making formula and I'm sticking with it.

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
I completely understand that he has a formula that works. However he's talking about God putting him in the place and giving people that can't afford it therapy as if he's serving some higher purpose. I don't dislike him, but don't give me all this bullshyt. Just say I found the money making formula and I'm sticking with it.

You don't understand how faith works, that's why you think it's bullshyt

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
At least he's self aware his films are ass..

I doubt other Black folks in entertainment are as self aware.

I played the opening funeral clip posted here last week for a colleague at work for laughs and he said he'd already seen the whole thing a week ago..I said how is that possible and he mentioned his wife.
The numbers for his little personal box office will be huge..too bad he's a faq

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Never understood the Tyler Perry hate. He has an audience and he caters to it.

:yeshrug:

It's no different than literally any other business ever.
McDonald's makes burgers. Some people hate it, and some people love it. Doesn't make sense to criticize McDonalds for not selling steak.

If you don't like his brand of films....don't watch. Simple.

:ehh: