Tyler Perry Responds To Critics Of His Latest Movie

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I'm genuinely curious. If Tyler has the reputation for making bad movies and he has become a joke in the black community for it
then how does He still make money. Are people seriously still buying his movies in 2024:gucci:
My aunties love his shyt. I remember I was at my aunt's house, they were watching that show of his on BET where the president has a black wife, it was a complete minstrel show, they was fighting in the back of the presidential motorcade :deadrose:

I mean, it is what it is. Light hearted entertainment where you can turn your brain off for a while. At least TP employs black folk :hubie:

Jalether

Superstar
Daps
My aunties love his shyt. I remember I was at my aunt's house, they were watching that show of his on BET where the president has a black wife, it was a complete minstrel show, they was fighting in the back of the presidential motorcade :deadrose:

I mean, it is what it is. Light hearted entertainment where you can turn your brain off for a while. At least TP employs black folk :hubie:
Not surprised. This is the generation who grew up on reality shows

Daps
Reppin
St louis
jyHfkd5.gif

Batty mon fi dead.

UKVu0t8.gif

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
I hope he doesn't put his bs in his WWII movie that he's making about the Black women soldiers. They deserve a good movie

I don't care about what he puts in fictional stuff
This is where I'm at with it too

TP better not disrespect real history with his bullshyt

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
Sir, I see my therapist online, the fukk he on?

The women who watch it can afford therapy more than I can, trust.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nobody is saying those people dont deserve a voice. They are saying the quality of your work aint that good. They are saying you keep telling the same story and pulling wilder and wilder shyt out your ass Tyler :mjlol:.

On the other hand the shyt made him a billionaire so why would he fix what aint broke? :manny:

I see both sides. If he makes something that seems like it might be interesting I check it out, understanding what I am walking into. Most of his shyt I ignore and go on with life just fine. I dont see the point in getting up in arms about it. If anything all making such a fuss does is drive eyeballs to it.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Thought he stopped responding to critics years ago. His films aren't screened to film critics, and his fans support him opening weekend every time.

He's using the same response he used years ago. Deflecting to class distinctions.

More power to him, though. His success showed the industry that there was an untapped market for film content. Opened up lanes and opportunities for others to tell their stories their own ways.

Last edited:

AllHolosEve

Her Name Is Mistress Death
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SouthSide, MPLS
I'm genuinely curious. If Tyler has the reputation for making bad movies and he has become a joke in the black community for it
then how does He still make money. Are people seriously still buying his movies in 2024

-The reality is he's not a joke in the Black community & his fans don't think his movies are bad. He's stayed consistent since he moved up from plays people love the religious aspect he includes. His haters don't speak for everybody.

Daps
I'm still tryna understand how he writes all these shows by himself.

Nothing surprising. His writing is ass and he needs to source some talented black writers to come in and make films through his production company. He must truly write his scripts on notes in phone and then adds stuff on set, because if he sits and truly puts his all into it and the end result is what he has been putting out then he needs help