Tyler Perry: ‘I don’t have time to wait’ on the right kind of wig on set

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
I don't watch Tyler Perry movies but I don't like how it's becoming trendy to shyt on him.

A lot of Tyler Perry's earlier work was given a pass because we understood he was a new filmmaker working independently with minimal resources but it was under the belief that he would improve with more experience and resources. He has more experience and resources so people's expectations have gone up however he has gotten complacent with his film making.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Exactly.

Tyler Peeezy is the trap “I am not a rapper, I’m a hustler” of the film industry.

Quantity over quality

And Tyler Perry from the south. It makes sense. Quantity for to stunt on. Never quality. Thsts why he and Spike Lee bumped heads.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Exactly.

Tyler Peeezy is the trap “I am not a rapper, I’m a hustler” of the film industry.

Quantity over quality

I appreciate the skill it takes to hustle at that level.

He has it down to the science. He knows exactly what his audience wants and where he can cut corners.

:whew:The crazy thing is the types that hustle their art typically have their short run, but TP has been doing this shyt for like 20 years.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Netflix gave him a budget and TP used a quarter of it like its one of his 1st independent films. The finesse is real he’s like a studio slumlord

:russ:

Its called being smart

How you think Master P got so rich

After No Limit had successful artist he continued to sign a bunch of artist universal gave him a huge budget to put out their albums, he said fukk those albums this is my bread, and he did shyt in music since lmao

Same with Chamillionaire, he even he said he learned it from P, he got a big ass check from Universal instead of using to put an album and promote it, he took it and invested it

TAYLONDO SAMSWORTHY

Veteran
Verified
Supporter
Daps
I appreciate the skill it takes to hustle at that level.

He has it down to the science. He knows exactly what his audience wants and where he can cut corners.

:whew:The crazy thing is the types that hustle their art typically have their short run, but TP has been doing this shyt for like 20 years.

All facts its still impressive.

I remember going to my cousins crib and they were watching his plays on VHS talmbout this guy is touring the world and is gonna be huge one day.

Crazy that was a million years ago :wow:

Ol’Otis

The Picasso of the Ghetto
Daps
Reppin
South Central Los Angeles
MV5BZTJlNTg4ZDctMDMxNS00NjFiLWFhNWItMmNkZWUwMWUxM2Y1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTM3MDMyMDQ@._V1_.jpg

68158f370d7180d2c8be95e46f091af7--television-celebs.jpg

:wow:

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its called being smart

How you think Master P got so rich

After No Limit had successful artist he continued to sign a bunch of artist universal gave him a huge budget to put out their albums, he said fukk those albums this is my bread, and he did shyt in music since lmao

Same with Chamillionaire, he even he said he learned it from P, he got a big ass check from Universal instead of using to put an album and promote it, he took it and invested it

wait tho isnt that check just an advance and has to be paid back with interest?? Don’t they have to spend it on music or technically its just a loan and as long as they pay it back universal dont give a fukk?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
wait tho isnt that check just an advance and has to be paid back with interest?? Don’t they have to spend it on music or technically its just a loan and as long as they pay it back universal dont give a fukk?

Yea if master P wanted to continue releasing music with Universal they would just take the money from that before he saw any of it, but he didn't put out any music, he left them with the bag and said fukk them
ain't nothing they can do

If he would've put out the albums he would have to hope they sell enough to pay off Universal and have some money for him, why do that we can just take the whole check and say fukk them and walk away lol

All a Record Deal is a loan, if they give you money and you choose not to pay it back it ain't shyt they can do, just not fukk with you anymore

what you are describing is an artist signed a deal and took money up front, and in that deal they already signed of their rights so they can't do anything without the label anyway, so if they don't pay back the advance they just gonna be on the shelf and can't release music anywhere, it's not the same when you indepedent like Master P and Chamillionaire