Tyler Perry: ‘I don’t have time to wait’ on the right kind of wig on set

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
No offense to Michael Jae White, but is he just not that good of an actor or is it more of an indictment on Tyler Perry’s writing? He was terrible in Why Did I Get Married and the spinoff show.

MJW is decent enough. I don't think he's a bad actor. Like bad acting is Silk da Shocker in Hot Boys.
The thing is MJW just has to act decent enough to where all the action scenes work. Nobody expecting a Oscar from dude.

Perry pretty much used him for eye candy for his films instead of putting dude in an action movie. Like he can remake Action Jackson with MJW and nikkas would legit wanna see that shyt if its done right.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
MJW is decent enough. I don't think he's a bad actor. Like bad acting is Silk da Shocker in Hot Boys.
The thing is MJW just has to act decent enough to where all the action scenes work. Nobody expecting a Oscar from dude.

Perry pretty much used him for eye candy for his films instead of putting dude in an action movie. Like he can remake Action Jackson with MJW and nikkas would legit wanna see that shyt if its done right.

He did Spawn like a year before Blade came out, yet people either barely acknowledge the movie or even remember that was him in the title role.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
He did Spawn like a year before Blade came out, yet people either barely acknowledge the movie or even remember that was him in the title role.

Only Spawn fans remember MJW from that movie and anytime that movie gets talked about being remade, nikkas still throw MJW in the mix.

Spawn was a decent film, but Blade definitely overshadowed it.

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Tyler gonna have a shytty legacy if he keeps up with this great value brand of film making. For all the time he put in and with all his resources, dude never made a classic movie and hasn't blown up anybody into being a star. This nikka looks at movies like their some product on a conveyor belt.

I feel like Ice Cube did more for black film with a lot less to work with.

Dude was homeless sleeping he looks at films as investments

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
crystal-fox-out-and-about-new-york-usa-shutterstock-editorial-10264768f.jpg

Crystal-R-Fox-1-e1579487835530.jpg
She need some young meat :mjlit:

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
Nah Adam Sandler doesn't have the technical issues Tyler perry movies have. A bad script/performance is one thing but you don't see boom mics in the shot, extras eating air, bad sound/lighting and bad wigs/clothing etc. And these issues just come from rushing the movie making process.
he knows his audience though. i could see him in the editing room and some assistant is in there with him pointing out these issues and he's like "man it'll take too long to clean that shyt up and nikkas don't care about shyt like that anyway. keep it rolling, time is money."

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
His situation reminds me of what Adam Sandler is going through right now. He’s put out subpar movies and performances for so long that some still don’t/won’t take him serious even if he put out an Oscar worthy product.

It’s also why I could never take him serious as Alex Cross.
when i saw the trailer i was like why is madea playing a detective?

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
So he writes his scripts on his own in 5 days and also films his movies in 5-7 days. Sounds like he’s in the business of just churning things out, and doesn’t care about the quality. It also explains why his movies are so stupid, and end so terribly. He’s admitting that he doesn’t put much effort into this, which I find interesting, I don’t think he views what he’s doing the same as we do.

This is a business for him—but the focus isn’t on developing “art”(a well done film) it’s on quantity, getting out as much as he can, as quickly as he can, investing as little money as he can to make it happen, the more he rolls out, the more money he makes because with so many projects he’s getting frequent exposure and views— regardless if it’s good or not. I almost want to say from what he’s revealed about his business model is that it’s almost like he’s interested in being more like a McDonald’s.
I’m intrigued now about his vision for his studio in the long term. Hm.

:mjlol: The Kevin Hart blueprint.

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
He hasn't grown as a person, if he still looking at films the same way he did when he was homeless.
do the best you can until you know better then when you know better do better.

the "well he's making that money right?" will then turn in to "man black people don't support each other" when the jig is up and people get tired of his bullshyt.

but the most important thing he did was build his own studio because when people get tired of his formula, he will still be able to make money off more talented directors and writers using his facilities. if his ego doesn't get in the way, his legacy will be about providing a valuable space and putting people on, not shytty movies.

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
he knows his audience though. i could see him in the editing room and some assistant is in there with him pointing out these issues and he's like "man it'll take too long to clean that shyt up and nikkas don't care about shyt like that anyway. keep it rolling, time is money."

Sandler hires people so he doesn't have to worry about shyt like this. TP's issues can be resolved if he would just break bread with the talent

Hawaiian Punch

umop-apisdn
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The I in Team
Master p of movies:russ:

Dude just pushes shyt out

I keep saying he’s like the movie version of a rapper who brags about banging out songs in 15 minutes. He don’t give a fukk about quality. It’s just “One take done!”. fukk a lighting, sound quality, makeup, hair, etc. He just trying to bang shyt out and go to the next product. I feel like his favorite line is “How much? I ain’t paying for that shyt. I’ll just do it myself”.