Tyler Perry: ‘I don’t have time to wait’ on the right kind of wig on set

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
This man has no respect for his consumer nor his own brand. He’s quickly becoming synonymous with mediocrity.

I remember going to the theater to see a movie...might have been one of the Pirates Of The Carribean films but I don't remember...and one of the trailers they showed at the beginning was pretty interesting. Crowd seemed tuned in and paying attention, movie seemed good...and then we saw the words "from M Night Shamalyan" and I swear to god the entire theater groaned. It was the first trailer for Lady In The Water. By that time M Night's films had gotten so predictable and boring that people tuned him out.

I feel like Perry is in a similar boat where people automatically have negative views of his work...and he reinforces that with shyt like this..

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
His films look like taped stage plays, including the wigs. But they make money, so...

:manny:

Well, that's basically how he got his start

Can't hate on the guy, when everyone else was appealing to hoodrats he went after the much larger church going audience and banked off it.

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
Netflix gave him a budget and TP used a quarter of it like its one of his 1st independent films. The finesse is real he’s like a studio slumlord

:russ:

:russ::russ::russ:

yup. Dude knows how to stretch a dollar so when they gave him that bag he knew that shyt was enough to make 4 films. Genius and reckless at the same time but he literally doesn’t give a fukk.

The Wolf Among You

Superstar
Daps
He doesn’t make movies for you. How you rate his movies matters none

His films don’t have to be for me to see that a lot of them are bad. He’s had some good stuff but it’s overshadowed by the rest of the bullshyt.
Tyler Perry will not turn the corner until he puts more time, effort and care into his productions.

King Kai

Supporter
Daps
Attention to detail has never been a forte for Perry but I've never seen any indication that he gives a fukk what people think :russ:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
So he writes his scripts on his own in 5 days and also films his movies in 5-7 days. Sounds like he’s in the business of just churning things out, and doesn’t care about the quality. It also explains why his movies are so stupid, and end so terribly. He’s admitting that he doesn’t put much effort into this, which I find interesting, I don’t think he views what he’s doing the same as we do.

This is a business for him—but the focus isn’t on developing “art”(a well done film) it’s on quantity, getting out as much as he can, as quickly as he can, investing as little money as he can to make it happen, the more he rolls out, the more money he makes because with so many projects he’s getting frequent exposure and views— regardless if it’s good or not. I almost want to say from what he’s revealed about his business model is that it’s almost like he’s interested in being more like a McDonald’s.
I’m intrigued now about his vision for his studio in the long term. Hm.

Aka the Lil Wayne process of cheaply made shyt. Typer Perry only wants fast profits, like a reckless drug dealer. He doing massive damage to these black actors' and actresses' legacies.