Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
basically saying you don't have time to care about quality control

that's why the movies are trash but then again I was never a fan of his art

I respect the hustle though but you can't cut corners and get credibility

That’s what gets me about him. He’s always griping about how people don’t take his movies and productions serious enough yet he doesn’t seem to care himself about his own product. If you don’t seem to care about your own work, then how can you expect someone else to.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
His situation reminds me of what Adam Sandler is going through right now. He’s put out subpar movies and performances for so long that some still don’t/won’t take him serious even if he put out an Oscar worthy product.

It’s also why I could never take him serious as Alex Cross.

True, but even then Sandler at least has a few memorable films outta all of that. Clips from Waterboy have lasted longer than any buzz from a Tyler movie.

and I :mjlol: when I saw them commercials for that Alex Cross film. I don't know why he couldn't get Michael Jai White for that role or something.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
True, but even then Sandler at least has a few memorable films outta all of that. Clips from Waterboy have lasted longer than any buzz from a Tyler movie.

and I :mjlol: when I saw them commercials for that Alex Cross film. I don't know why he couldn't get Michael Jai White for that role or something.

I don’t want to say that he’s typecast, but I think of Madea everytime I see him playing a different character outside of that role :mjlol:

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
His situation reminds me of what Adam Sandler is going through right now. He’s put out subpar movies and performances for so long that some still don’t/won’t take him serious even if he put out an Oscar worthy product.

It’s also why I could never take him serious as Alex Cross.

Nah Adam Sandler doesn't have the technical issues Tyler perry movies have. A bad script/performance is one thing but you don't see boom mics in the shot, extras eating air, bad sound/lighting and bad wigs/clothing etc. And these issues just come from rushing the movie making process.

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Or Idris Elba

But Tyler Perry :mjlol:

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC

Cuz he'd have to pay him

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
No offense to Michael Jae White, but is he just not that good of an actor or is it more of an indictment on Tyler Perry’s writing? He was terrible in Why Did I Get Married and the spinoff show.

He was great as Mike Tyson and Black Dynamite. What about his non TP films?

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
He was great as Mike Tyson and Black Dynamite. What about his non TP films?

I haven’t really seen much of his work other than Spawn (I was a kid), those Tyler Perry films as well as a few of his straight to DVD films.

I always felt like should have been a bigger star, but never understood why he hasn’t.

Last edited:

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
The fact he owns the studios and lots he shoots at and still says he doesn’t have time to worry about details is wild :mjlol:

That’s beyond cheap. He would rather have bad wigs and flat out errors than pay for a few more hours of labor costs.

I’ve seen better movies on Amazon Prime with black directors and casts that probably had 1/20th of the budget TP had for this.