Tyler Perry: ‘I don’t have time to wait’ on the right kind of wig on set

Heafcliffe

Hope there's puddin' in the clink...
Daps
Reppin
Districto de Columbia
All I know is she thick and I'd skeet all in her walls, no disrespect.
Crystal+fox+Little+Lies+Season+2+Premiere+os71ZgQbgcnl.jpg

Breh, I was saying the same thing to my boys. Moms is thickums.:wow:

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
I don't watch Tyler Perry movies but I don't like how it's becoming trendy to shyt on him.

This isn't a trend, it's been a day one complaint. I thought owning your own studio meant you do have time to wait and get shyt right. According to him he can't even afford to wait a couple hours to get a good wig for some reason.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
He cuts all the cost. Heard from a friend who works some of his shows that he only pays for the footage he shoots of you and not the entire day he has you on set. That's why he shoots all of his movies in like 5-7 days. nikka be using wigs and sets from high school plays and too cheap to buy quality wardrobes and costumes. His sets still look like he shooting his old plays.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
He...owns the studio. This isn't a case of shooting on location in some expensive part of LA where time is money. Dude is in his own studio, shooting his own movie, which is sold directly to Netflix. At what point do the excuses and claims of being a penny pincher really just boil down to the fact that this guy is a terrible director/creator and doesn't give a fukk about cinema or artistry.

Last edited:

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
He...owns the studio. This isn't a case of shooting on location in some expensive part of LA where time if money. Dude is in his own studio, shooting his own movie, which is sold directly to Netflix. At what point do the excuses and claims of being a penny pincher really just boil down to the fact that this guy is a terrible director/creator and doesn't give a fukk about cinema or artistry.
Trust me I'm not shooting him bail and I get what you saying but even still if Netflix gives him a bag to shoot the movie and I'm sure they have parameters as to when they need the movie shot he just lazy and can't write a script to save his life and on top of that cheap as hell. What good is having that studio if all of your shyt looks cheaply made and set designs are trash. You can try and use as many great black actors as you want to name the lots but if you peddling out this trash it's more of an insult to their name.

CarmelBarbie

At peace
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte
So he writes his scripts on his own in 5 days and also films his movies in 5-7 days. Sounds like he’s in the business of just churning things out, and doesn’t care about the quality. It also explains why his movies are so stupid, and end so terribly. He’s admitting that he doesn’t put much effort into this, which I find interesting, I don’t think he views what he’s doing the same as we do.

This is a business for him—but the focus isn’t on developing “art”(a well done film) it’s on quantity, getting out as much as he can, as quickly as he can, investing as little money as he can to make it happen, the more he rolls out, the more money he makes because with so many projects he’s getting frequent exposure and views— regardless if it’s good or not. I almost want to say from what he’s revealed about his business model is that it’s almost like he’s interested in being more like a McDonald’s.
I’m intrigued now about his vision for his studio in the long term. Hm.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Netflix gave him a budget and TP used a quarter of it like its one of his 1st independent films. The finesse is real he’s like a studio slumlord

:russ:

He pockets the money, ans shoots movies in JUST ONE WEEK! A WHOLE 2 HOUR MOVIE WITH PLOTHOLES, BAD WIGS, HALF ASSED ACTING, AND HAPHAZARD DIALOGUE shot in just a short week.

If this is the future model of black film making,,I want no parts of it. Tyler Perry is the anti-thesis of Spike Lee in quality filmmaking. At least give us more Ryan Coogler films.