Tyler Perry: ‘I don’t have time to wait’ on the right kind of wig on set

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Tyler gonna have a shytty legacy if he keeps up with this great value brand of film making. For all the time he put in and with all his resources, dude never made a classic movie and hasn't blown up anybody into being a star. This nikka looks at movies like their some product on a conveyor belt.

I feel like Ice Cube did more for black film with a lot less to work with.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Tyler gonna have a shytty legacy if he keeps up with this great value brand of film making. For all the time he put in and with all his resources, dude never made a classic movie and hasn't blown up anybody into being a star. This nikka looks at movies like their some product on a conveyor belt.

And You see why Spike Lee spoje out against his "method" of shortcuts

Ya' Cousin Cleon

OG COUCH CORNER HUSTLA
Daps
Reppin
Harvey World to Dallas, TX
I would watch a dark comedy made by Tyler Perry at the drop of a hat.

What's sad is that he could be great. His stuff while hack-ish is legitimately entertaining, if he could temper his worse impulses as a director and wasn't trying to wear so many hats, he could be a surprisingly competent filmmaker.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm

JR Ramirez is really about the closest thing to a “in-house star” he’s created. He’s not a star by any means, but he’s getting decent TV roles these days.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
i hope Shonda Rhimes buys a studio, she might need financing though.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
JR Ramirez is really about the closest thing to a “in-house star” he’s created. He’s not a star by any means, but he’s getting decent TV roles these days.

I feel you, but that pales in comparison to the guys Cube turned into stars. Im not even trying to nit pick Tyler either. I just feel like when his career is over, people still only gon remember him for his plays (which were better than his movies) even though dude has the mother of all studios.

Max Power

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The right way, the wrong way and the Max Power way
I never have and I never will pay for a Tyler Perry movie, but fair play to him for making his money and finding an audience for his cheap crap.

Netflix gave him a budget and TP used a quarter of it like its one of his 1st independent films. The finesse is real he’s like a studio slumlord

:russ:

The truth is Netflix is over 12 billion in debt. It's all just a giant pyramid scheme/scam. Everyone's in, gets their money and gets out before it blows up. Credit to Tyler for getting his slice of the pie, but he's making too much noise.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I feel you, but that pales in comparison to the guys Cube turned into stars. Im not even trying to nit pick Tyler either. I just feel like when his career is over, people still only gon remember him for his plays (which were better than his movies) even though dude has the mother of all studios.

His situation reminds me of what Adam Sandler is going through right now. He’s put out subpar movies and performances for so long that some still don’t/won’t take him serious even if he put out an Oscar worthy product.

It’s also why I could never take him serious as Alex Cross.

Dameon Farrow

Superstar
Daps
Netflix gave him a budget and TP used a quarter of it like its one of his 1st independent films. The finesse is real he’s like a studio slumlord

:russ:
to be fair budget doesn't mean you get to spend what you need and keep the rest in your pocket.

A budget is money set aside for something. I can give you a budget of 4000 dollars for your monthly living expenses. If you only spend 2103.43 I can take the remainder and use it for other folks or do what I please with it.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
The truth is Netflix is over 12 billion in debt. It's all just a giant pyramid scheme/scam. Everyone's in, gets their money and gets out before it blows up. Credit to Tyler for getting his slice of the pie, but he's making too much noise.

I’m surprised that the bubble hasn’t burst yet for Netflix and it’s outrageous debt. It’s slowly coming ahead for iHeartmedia.

Dameon Farrow

Superstar
Daps
I remember going to the theater to see a movie...might have been one of the Pirates Of The Carribean films but I don't remember...and one of the trailers they showed at the beginning was pretty interesting. Crowd seemed tuned in and paying attention, movie seemed good...and then we saw the words "from M Night Shamalyan" and I swear to god the entire theater groaned. It was the first trailer for Lady In The Water. By that time M Night's films had gotten so predictable and boring that people tuned him out.

I feel like Perry is in a similar boat where people automatically have negative views of his work...and he reinforces that with shyt like this..
crazy part is that Lady In The Water was actually a shift from his other types of films in many ways. I remember going to see it in theaters.

His problem was he came out too strong with The Sixth Sense. Impossible to come out on top over and over again if you started on Mt Everest.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
crazy part is that Lady In The Water was actually a shift from his other types of films in many ways. I remember going to see it in theaters.

His problem was he came out too strong with The Sixth Sense. Impossible to come out on top over and over again if you started on Mt Everest.

He also became synonymous for putting bad movies which is what the situation Tyler Perry and Adam Sandler are in right now.