Twitter: White men are allowed to be corny. Black men are not?

HoldThisL

Captain L
Daps
I'm so confused rn, I always associated being corny with doing something bad. How is wearing matching shirts corny? That is just some regular shyt couples do from time to time.

Ryze

All Star
Bushed
Daps
The fact that being called corny is triggering them to this degree means they still haven't gotten over whatever trauma they are dealing with and they should see a therapist.
Where's the accountability for the women? They don't get any blame for being the stewards of degeneracy?

Marlow Stanfield

Superstar
Daps
Where's the accountability for the women? They don't get any blame for being the stewards of degeneracy?

Why do yall always seek "accountability" from women on the internet who have nothing to do with the "degeneracy" you're talking about?

An even better question, why do you need woman to be accountable to YOU?

GET A LIFE.

Ryze

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Why do yall always seek "accountability" from women on the internet who have nothing to do with the "degeneracy" you're talking about?

An even better question, why do you need woman to be accountable to YOU?

GET A LIFE.
Stop tagging me. You won't bait me into the bushes again

Marlow Stanfield

Superstar
Daps
Stop tagging me. You won't bait me into the bushes again
I'm just curious as to why dudes get up here demanding accountability from women on the internet as if they personally owe you something. It's weird to me.

Like, do the women in your life not view you as a leader so you get up on the internet to get phony power points? Why do you need "accountability" from women on the internet that you don't know?

You can put me on ignore tho. I won't be offended.

Fresh

SOHH Vet since 2002
Daps
I remember this all the way back to high school

it was mixed, more Blacks than whites, but I noticed the white girls didn't care about being corny and the way you dressed, and most white boys had girlfriends

but, and I promise I don't mean this as a diss to Black women, but in school you had to wear a new fit dam near everyday, and a fair amount of them were attracted to the "thugs"

I'm saying that to say some Black women never grew out of it as adults

I hope in the future the stigma of just being a regular Black man can wear off

Last edited:

lib123

All Star
Daps
Are corny and nerdy used interchangeably? I've been called nerdy but never corny. But I dress well and have a lot of self-confidence so I still get play from BW. Does corny imply someone acting harder than they really are or pretending to be someone that they're not?

Frolickingmami

I'm back sukkasssss
Daps
I'm just curious as to why dudes get up here demanding accountability from women on the internet as if they personally owe you something. It's weird to me.

Like, do the women in your life not view you as a leader so you get up on the internet to get phony power points? Why do you need "accountability" from women on the internet that you don't know?

You can put me on ignore tho. I won't be offended.
You know the women in their life don't which is why they're resorting to this nonsense.
Too many bitter niccas. The majority of y'all are too old to still be whining about people calling you corny. Are y'all's egos so fragile?

Daps
I remember this all the way back to high school

it was mixed, more Blacks than whites, but I noticed the white girls didn't care about being corny and the way you dressed, and most white boys had girlfriends

but, and I promise I don't mean this as a diss to Black women, but in school you had to wear a new fit dam near everyday, and a fair amount of them were attracted to the "thugs"

I'm saying that to say some Black women never grew out of it as adults

I hope in the future the stigma of just being a regular Black man can wear off
Were those well dressed boys dating corny, nerdy, unattractive girls?

People usually date similar people. The corny kids in my school dated the other corny kids. The popular kids dated the popular kids. But I will say this, those corny black boys were trying to get with the pretty popular black girls. We hear this often. Then the black boys grow up, and date white women after they made some MONEY, and claim black women never liked them. They never went for the corny black girls.

For instance, Jaleel White talked about getting rejected by Pepa. PEPA! Who did Pepa marry? God damn Treach! Most men aren’t looking at a woman, and thinking, “she must have a nice personality, let me date her, and take her to the gym, and buy her some stylish clothes”, whereas a woman might take a slightly corny man, and teach him how to dress if you have a good personality.

So as much as y’all complain about women not going for corny guys, y’all aren’t going for the average, plain Jane corny girls either. Y’all will be Carlton with no money, feeling entitled to this:

UncleTomFord15

Veteran
Daps
Threads like this are useless tbh. Anyone who grew up around actual black people in the western world know (generally speaking) theres a look and way you "have" to move to get the admiration of alot of younger (35 and under BW). You'll get gaslighted to hell with this topic. ...
"You're just musty":damn:
"Yo momma black though":damn:
"You just want 10/10's" (There literally a post or two above me saying this talking point, knowing damn well its not true in real life:pachaha:)

There are certain expectations of what a young black male is supposed to "be like" thats not just upheld by non black society but black people themselves. The majority of the time, the "cornball" is literally just a regular ass cat that just doesn't act like some cardboard cut out of what a BM is "supposed to be like". But I digress, yall keep your heads in the sand and act like you dont know what I'm talking about:ehh:.