Twitter: White men are allowed to be corny. Black men are not?

Daps
It’s not that they don’t exist. It’s that the attractive ones either go for the same black men that the other black women do (athletes, hood dudes, and guys who fit the two archetypes in some way) or they only date non-black men who could be the ugliest, most bland guy you’ll ever lay on a on. The bolded are the worst when it comes to that.
They are not athletes or hood dudes, they are just better looking than you, or have more money.

Yzak

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Threads like this are useless tbh. Anyone who grew up around actual black people in the western world know (generally speaking) theres a look and way you "have" to move to get the admiration of alot of younger (35 and under BW). You'll get gaslighted to hell with this topic. ...
"You're just musty":damn:
"Yo momma black though":damn:
"You just want 10/10's" (There literally a post or two above me saying this talking point, knowing damn well its not true in real life:pachaha:)

There are certain expectations of what a young black male is supposed to "be like" thats not just upheld by non black society but black people themselves. The majority of the time, the "cornball" is literally just a regular ass cat that just doesn't act like some cardboard cut out of what a BM is "supposed to be like". But I digress, yall keep your heads in the sand and act like you dont know what I'm talking about:ehh:.
The gaslighting is insane and hivemind like.

Nerdy (regular) Black boys were not ignoring regular Black girls for the 10/10 girls.

Yzak

All Star
Bushed
Daps
This. The argument just isn’t realistic. A black woman that isn’t obese or below a 3/10 could pull almost any nerdy black man she wanted, especially if she has “nerdy” interests herself.

I personally think it’s just projection, kind of like how black women on twitter will dikk police black men over wanting white/lightskin women, but someone will dig through their twitter history and their past posts range from cringy and c00nish to downright raceplay. I think THEY wanted the popular guys and their idea of nerdy was just “athlete or hood dude that watch anime.” I’m not saying there aren’t a few c00ns that will pass up a cute looking black woman to chase Beyoncé or some ugly white girl, but thats extremely rare and probably the result of some mental illness or deep insecurity. It simply isn’t how men work and they (women) project how they operate onto us and then run with that.
YES! The vast majority of the shyt they say is projection.

The whole "Black men hate Black women and want non-Black women" is projection and so is the whole Black men are always fetishized.

Yzak

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Definitely LOTS of truth to this....mainly due to "da culture".

There's a reason lots of black men feel the need to put on a "hood/street" persona, whether to attract women or they simply feel that that's how they're SUPPOSED to carry themselves.

Men of other races can most definitely "get away" with being themselves ie: having no swag/drip and coming off as non-threatening and wholesome.

" Corny" & swagless men of other races can still eat and pull because the women of those cultures aren't programmed 24/7 with imagery of their men being full of swag , dripped out and super duper masculine & aggressive........the women THEMSELVES are corny & square and that's what they want in their men.

Black men are rarely portrayed as wholesome, , non-threatening, square etc
That's cause we let c00ns, criminals and cacs control our image.

We need to take back control and utilize our culture to paint us as more desirable men. Which honestly won't be hard, we just gotta drop the thug c00n shyt and get back to the cool, calm, suave man that would still fukk you up if you came at him.

We're letting cacs and koreans appropriate our swag while they paint us as dummies with the help of c00ns

Xyrax

Superstar
Daps
It's some bizzarro world because TLR is obsessed with making fun of "corny" guys and mocking anything "corny" they do in their relationships. They get called simps, whipped, #GMB gets posted, etc.

There have been multiple times when TLR posters start entire threads based on something corny a Black man has done with his women, where the entire point of the thread is to mock him and say things like, "He shares that girl." The entire implication is that a corny Black man doesn't deserve a woman's respect.

But now this thread gonna pull a 180 and claim that TLR has been pro-corny brothers all along and it's all the women's fault again?

Ayo you spitting facts here.....

Dwayne_Taylor

Superstar
Daps
Were those well dressed boys dating corny, nerdy, unattractive girls?

People usually date similar people. The corny kids in my school dated the other corny kids. The popular kids dated the popular kids. But I will say this, those corny black boys were trying to get with the pretty popular black girls. We hear this often. Then the black boys grow up, and date white women after they made some MONEY, and claim black women never liked them. They never went for the corny black girls.
Women are hypergamous. IME, the girls you're calling corny were probably not interested in their male equivalents.

Also women are not judged on social skills, they're judged on looks. People may call her ugly but labeling a young female as "lame" is rare. If anything being shy will make her seem more feminine to many young men and no one cares if she's nerdy.

the class

the unknown stuntman
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
It’s not that they don’t exist. It’s that the attractive ones either go for the same black men that the other black women do (athletes, hood dudes, and guys who fit the two archetypes in some way) or they only date non-black men who could be the ugliest, most bland guy you’ll ever lay on a on. The bolded are the worst when it comes to that.

it's also dishonest at best to pretend they're common

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Black women want fat asses to appeal to black men. They are not pumping up their butts to appeal to white men. If you want a certain kind of person, you have to appear attractive to them. Men aren’t different. You have to put effort into your appearance. Well dressed black men with clear skin, a nice haircut, straight white teeth are not having problems attracting classy, black women. But some of them want the hoes too, because they think they are more fun. There are threads on here with men admitting that.

There are women for smashing, and women for relationships. The same can be said for men. The difference is, the women are getting pregnant by the ones who are only supposed to be for smashing. But a lot of brehs are feeling entitled to women while putting in the least amount of effort. Y’all make threads, and don’t even want to pay for dinner. A lot of the so called corny white men are opening their wallets. They may not dress a certain way, but they are providing for those women financially. A corny black man with money is getting women of all races. It’s rare to see a below average white man with a beautiful white woman, unless he has money.

But I’ll give you a ton of credit for pointing out that black women will specifically bash black men, whereas white women will bash men in general. White women aren’t telling white women to stop dating white men, because they don’t feel other men are desirable candidates.
I agree with mostly what you said but if you start off the bat opening up your wallet then who can you tell is really down for you or just for your money?

BuckFilly

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
pg
No one in this thread will mention that black men put on that thug persona to fit in with other black men. Nerdy and corny black men get bullied by other black men, starting in middle school...but, butt yeah let's just keep shifting the blame to black women.. corny black men often have a natural disdain for other black men because they see themselves as special snowflakes and not the norm. Booksnrain talked about this dynamic alot on here. I see why she gave it ip...
Dang I ain’t seen the homie @booksnrain in a min

Daps
I agree with mostly what you said but if you start off the bat opening up your wallet then who can you tell is really down for you or just for your money?
You don’t. Dinner and flowers on the first date is not a big deal. If the woman is asking you for cash, or to pay her bills, you know what she is about. If she’s asking for trips, and y’all aren’t even in a relationship yet, you know what she’s about. And those early trips should be 50/50, or you pay for the flight, she pays for the hotel.

Dwayne_Taylor

Superstar
Daps
Black men can only be "corny" with light skin black women :yeshrug:
I agree if by "lightskin" you mean black adjacent, "black" women from different communities.....not if you're talking about a regular redbone from West Baltimore lol. (I'm generalizing with all this)

Last edited:

High Art

👑King of The Salon👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself and my own.
No one in this thread will mention that black men put on that thug persona to fit in with other black men. Nerdy and corny black men get bullied by other black men, starting in middle school...but, butt yeah let's just keep shifting the blame to black women..
Most people have accepted that probably plays a part. They're simply saying some women have a part in this as well and are not blameless creatures. The fact that this small point has people in shambles is probably why people are commenting on it in the first place.

corny black men often have a natural disdain for other black men because they see themselves as special snowflakes and not the norm. Booksnrain talked about this dynamic alot on here. I see why she gave it ip...
This is actually what a lot of people are also referring to. A lot of the same black men that people refer to as corny often work with and put on other black men so that alone doesn't make sense. MBJ is or was corny but has a disdain for other black men, despite having many friends and co-workers who are black? Of his own choosing? And what happens to this disdain when the person is no longer corny? How is that quantified? How does that even work? When a person slips into corniness, do they suddenly become filled with disdain for other black men? Is it a gradual process? You're treating it like it is sudden. If so, how?

When you take a step back, a lot of what you in particular say, does not make sense and it is an example of the weird thinking some in the black community have in regards to black men. You don't view black men as human beings. To you we're gestalts born out of some ether as is instead of human beings that are a shifting continuum. That shyt is weird.

This is false. Nerdy and lame black men feel like they are above nerdy black women because in their heads, black women are the 'least desirable'...this is why they shoot for out of their league with black women, but stay in their lane with non-black women...let's talk about it...houston911 speaks on this all the time..
No black man walks around thinking like that. Anyone that would, does not deal with black women entirely and would just date out first, not even bothering with "out of their league with black women". None of that makes sense. Just because you couldn't do it, doesn't mean it can't be done. If anything, this kind of nonsense is probably the issue. You'd be surprised how perceptive we, as black men, can be in regards to c00n-ish mindsets in women .