Twitter roasting WWE before fans jumped back on board

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
2019 and the build up to Wrestlemania 36 was WWE creatively at its lowest.

I really feel the wrestling Gods saved the company from creatively going off the deep end. It was DANGEROUSLY close to being like that again in 2022 after WM 38, but then the WSJ article came out.

What’s not talked about is how it was getting worse even with the WSJ article out. But then when he stepped down it was like LIFE was restored back into that company.

And almost over night the shows became watchable again.

Vince McMahon being stripped of his power will down as the most important moment in modern day wrestling history. He was single handily holding wrestling back from what it can be with his old ways.

Kinda wild to think the last Vince McMahon controlled WWE program was the Raw after WM 39. And it will go down as the WORST episode of Raw in the Triple H era..

Quite fitting..

WrestleMania 35 was the first WrestleMania I legit fell asleep watching

Woke up and saw the dr. thuganomics on my tv and wondered what year it is

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Remember them dirtsheet reports the morning after every NXT Takeover saying how the main roster took note of the show and how they were planning to outdo the Takeovers only for them to put on the worst PPVs you’ve ever seen :mjlol:

What year was it when Vince and Hunter and I think Steph came out and were basically apologizing for how shytty the product was? :mjlol: That was wild.... we was all like :dwillhuh:

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
I'll also add in the Nexus storyline, at least the beginning of it was a bright spot in the guest host/anonymous GM era. We all know how that ended but my interest spiked up way higher for those first couple weeks of that Nexus storyline.
They built up all that good rapport with a shocking out of nowhere thing like that, then followed that up with firing Bryan for the tie choke spot and having Nexus apologize in the middle of the ring :laff: And the buildup to get Bryan back heading into Summerslam…Cena took a DDT on the concrete, shook that shyt off and made Wade Barrett tap :mjlol::mjlol:

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
What year was it when Vince and Hunter and I think Steph came out and were basically apologizing for how shytty the product was? :mjlol: That was wild.... we was all like :dwillhuh:
I think that was 2014 or 2015 and it was so embarrassing, talking about “we heard your voices” and preceded to not do anything about it :laff:that may have been the peak of that Authority garbage. Big Show and Kane tossing out Ambrose and Ziggler in the RR had me clutching my stomach

cartierhoe

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
South Florida
They built up all that good rapport with a shocking out of nowhere thing like that, then followed that up with firing Bryan for the tie choke spot and having Nexus apologize in the middle of the ring :laff: And the buildup to get Bryan back heading into Summerslam…Cena took a DDT on the concrete, shook that shyt off and made Wade Barrett tap :mjlol::mjlol:
The way they buried those cats in that fast amount of time was crazy. Funny thing is Cena said he probably should've put them over after talking about it with Jericho and Edge. Bryan thankfully came out unscathed but the rest of those guys lost their buzz by Survivor Series that same year if I remember correctly.

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
There were worse years than 2019. I gotta think that stretch from 2008-2011 was one of the worst. :scust:
nah 2008 had a great fued with HBK and Jericho, Batista turned heel, Mayweather was fueding with Big Show, it was a decent year

2009 had Psycho Randy Orton

2010 mustve been shyt cause i stopped watching

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Quality wise I don't think this is some crazy time for WWE. For the last 20 yrs, January through April is good shows most of the time. Last year's Wrestlemania build was better than this yrs tbh.

DLo

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Vince was running the product into the ground for years. Everything about WWE needed a facelift (characters, comedy skits, announcing, production, etc) and it wasn't going to happen until Vince 100% out of the company.

Only thing I'll give Vince credit for in recent years is the push to recruit ex-college athletes to the PC/NXT. Those NXT black and gold guys were not going to translate well to the main roster. If it were up to Hunter, we would see Ciampo v Gargano main event every RAW

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
That was 2018….the week before the Raw rating was historically low and I have a feeling they felt pressure by the network and the fans.

I honestly feel Hunter, Stephanie, and Shane meant every word and wanted change. The only person who didn’t mean it was Vince. If you watch the segment, you can clearly see by the look on his face. He looked annoyed..

Within a month everything went back to normal. :russ:

It was wild to me how every week their ratings got lower and lower and Vince just kept doing the same shyt. And if it got REAL bad, he would just do a “Old School Raw” or bring in a legend, or call in Brock Lesnar or Undertaker to pop a rating. Rinse and repeat..

Redwood

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston, Texas
WWE from like 2007 to 2021 is basically hit or miss depending on Vince's mood that night. Sometimes Smackdown was excellent and some weeks Raw kinda restored the feeling. But the out right garbage in that time is just as bad as the mid 90s.

The fact that alot of us watched through it to get to here is crazy. Especially if you were around for the Attitude Era which culturally still probably won't be topped.

SmackDown in 2009 was solid though. Punk's heel turn was :wow:

Beautiful Bobby Eatin

SWEEEEEEEEEETNESS!
Daps
Reppin
Terra Belle, Georgia
Its crazy like, I remember when I was binging some New Generation WWE/F (don't ask why just Koala things). The era wasn't that bad on a perspective of stupid wrestling land. I mean, you had gimmicks, the matches were alright to slept on, and some overlooked feuds (Jerry Lawler/Bret Hart).

Hell, folks still swear up and down that the Attitude Era was the end all, but forget that 96/97 was the true form of the Attitude Era:

• Real ass Stone cold before the injuries
  • The real ECW invasion
  • Organic feuds
  • HBK shredding to a douchebag persona
  • Heel Diesel
Hell, WCW in 92/94 before Hoegan still holds more weight than the Bischoff Era. It goes back to WWE being the propaganda machine because folks missing a lot of good wrestling that's overshadowed by hype overrated eras.
My marsupial :myman: