Twitter is PISSED because Tim Tebow got another chance in NFL but Colin Kaepernick didn't

Apprentice

RIP Doughboy Roc
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Bad move and optics from the NFL, no matter how you slice it. What little value a washed Tebow brings is no where near the bad press of not letting Kaepernick back in . They knew how this would play out and still said fukk it:francis:that shows what they really think:mjpls::yeshrug:
Why are y’all attributing Tebow signing to his hometown team, with his college coach to play tight end to the entire NFL?

the NFL is not signing players, these teams are

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
These situations aren't comparable. Kaep was blackballed but he'd also be in the league if he was willing to take a backup roll. I believe the Ravens, Seahawks and a few other teams were willing to take him if he did that but Kaep wanted to be able to compete for a starting job which is his prerogative. Btw I believe Kaep is talented enough to be a starter on a team shyt he'd been WFT best QB last year and we made the playoffs.

This Tebow situation isn't really comparable. Tebow is playing in his hometown (Jacksonville) for his former coach (Urban Meyer) and he isn't playing quarterback. He's really just going to be a glorified on the field cheerleader/locker room morale guy.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I hate to say it... but if Kaep hadn't did what he did a couple years back, moving his tryout location and etc etc etc, he would probably be in the NFL. I think he made a miscalculation on that.

I questioned if he really wanted to play or to be a "martyr" after that. Maybe deep down he knew it would be worst for what he was trying to do if he came back and was a bum. Tim Teebow on the other hand has no shame when it comes to playing football apparently. Ego's also come into play when dealing with athletes who don't want backup positions. Since Kapernick doesn't really say much,we will probably never know his real reasoning. EIther way Kapernick ain't all that,you have guys like Dr Umar,Natureboy,Ali Muhammad ,Brother Polight who spend day after day talking about the black community,and giving us knowledge. Yet these guys get hate and dismissed as "dusty" hoteps,while Kapernick who rarely speaks gets all the love. Guess people love entertainers more than teachers and learned men:francis:

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Be shocked how black QBs are treated in the racist NFL brehs. Guess folks don't know the 60 plus year racist attack on black QBs when it comes to the NFL.

Finally if you bytching about this yet still watching the NFL, paying for jerseys, hats, madden and the NFL ticket you part of the problem.

I been done with the NFL for years after the way they threated black QBs and black coaches...fukk that league and them owners mammas.

Sex Luthor

I'm like kryptonite to these thots
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NOLA
Everybody trying to get kaep a shot but does he actually want to play? They speaking up for somebody who don't want it just to have a hot take on twitter

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Bad move and optics from the NFL, no matter how you slice it. What little value a washed Tebow brings is no where near the bad press of not letting Kaepernick back in . They knew how this would play out and still said fukk it:francis:that shows what they really think:mjpls::yeshrug:

Truth. But the NFL has never cared about optics when it comes to how they treat black fans, black coaches, black players and black folks in management.

This a league that didn't hire a black head coach until 1989. Let that sink in 1989.

skylove4

Veteran
Daps
Why are y’all attributing Tebow signing to his hometown team, with his college coach to play tight end to the entire NFL?

the NFL is not signing players, these teams are
Do you not think the league has power no power and say over what teams do:dwillhuh:

and if you don’t understand this issue is way bigger than football concerning kap and the parallels of them letting their washed cac golden boy back in, I don’t know what to tell you :yeshrug: