Twitter debate over who was the bigger star: Snoop Doggy Dogg or 2pac?

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
So in your theory Death Row wasn't shyt until Tupac came along 🙄...

learn to read. sesame street says it helps if you paraphrase what i said.

"so in your theory death row didn't have a headline mainstream star before pac"

yes correct.

Clearly you don't know much about Death Row or Snoop Dogg if you think neither one of them was big in hip-hop until Tupac's arrival to the label.

^ see sesame lesson above

What you're not understanding is that Tupac wasn't a definite star until 95/96, yes he was relatively known and popular (just like many rappers during that period) but from '91-94 he was not bigger than Snoop Dogg or Death Row Records between '92-94 and even for most of '95 considering Pac was in prison at the time.

explain why tupac was getting selected by a-list hollywood directors in 1991/92.

(whereas snoop's 2 biggest roies EVER are as druggies).

i think you know why.

as eazy meant: one looks like a fiend... - meanwhle the other one had star power.

Death Row did not approach Pac because they needed him to be a successful lable they were already successful due to Snoop Dogg's superstardom along with Dre leading the way.

not "death row". i said suge knight head hunted pac to be his #1 star.

tell me that is not true.

"approach" :mjlol: . like suge used to "businessman approach" people.

you know how death row was run back then right?

:ehh:Syh 😂🤣.

Daps
so .... someone has to explain the world to you

newsweek :mjlol: 2nd rate non-elites mag. Time is the one buddy. you will never see the "great covers of newsweek magazine"

rolling stones has snoop as dre's sideman :mjlol:which is what i have been saying all along.

this is what happens when YOU are the star

850f2e3d9218ed8d0706676dd2853121.jpg

"vibe"? we are talking mainstream fame :camby:

NOTE: this cover is famous for a reason. no one cares what newsweek thinks

time-cover-poy.jpg

a breh really has to explain the news journal hierarchy in here :picard::francis:

Reference a memorial issue brehs
Act like Newsweek is Murder Dog brehs
Explain away 800k first week brehs

Daps
Reppin
NULL
you must be american.

i said over the world :camby:

:mjlol:

Snoop Dogg been an international brand for at least a quarter of an century…. At the very least since the next episode dropped….. the fact that you’re NOT American, and probably not black on top of it…. Validates that you don’t know what the fukk you are talking about…. We’ve been influencing global culture for a century at least… we know what it is… Pac was only with death row for like a year….. and Jadakiss said it perfectly when he said dead rappers get better promotion…. Snoop legitimately help make weed culture mainstream….

Dynamite James

The Main attraction
Daps
Reppin
You know
So in your theory Death Row wasn't shyt until Tupac came along 🙄...

Clearly you don't know much about Death Row or Snoop Dogg if you think neither one of them was big in hip-hop until Tupac's arrival to the label.

What you're not understanding is that Tupac wasn't a definite star until 95/96, yes he was relatively known and popular (just like many rappers during that period) but from '91-94 he was not bigger than Snoop Dogg or Death Row Records between '92-94 and even for most of '95 considering Pac was in prison at the time.

Death Row did not approach Pac because they needed him to be a successful lable they were already successful due to Snoop Dogg's superstardom along with Dre leading the way.

Smh 😂🤣.
People are forgetting snoop being heavily involved with the dogg pound album in 95

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Snoop was bigger than anybody in music in 93..period. Biggie saved the eastcoadt the next year. Pac in 96 took over rap and the music industry
This is far from true
Snoop was bigger with young fans easily. Iconic. The ovations he got were almost Michael Jackson-like.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
learn to read. sesame street says it helps if you paraphrase what i said.

"so in your theory death row didn't have a headline mainstream star before pac"

yes correct.

^ see sesame lesson above

explain why tupac was getting selected by a-list hollywood directors in 1991/92.

(whereas snoop's 2 biggest roies EVER are as druggies).

i think you know why.

as eazy meant: one looks like a fiend... - meanwhle the other one had star power.

not "death row". i said suge knight head hunted pac to be his #1 star.

tell me that is not true.

"approach" :mjlol: . like suge used to "businessman approach" people.

you know how death row was run back then right?

:ehh:Syh 😂🤣.

So you’re basically a nerd that never came outside ? The question was, who was more popular, not who was the better artist…

Daps
Snoop was bigger than anybody in music in 93..period. Biggie saved the eastcoadt the next year. Pac in 96 took over rap and the music industry

Snoop was bigger with young fans easily. Iconic. The ovations he got were almost Michael Jackson-like.

So which is it? Was he the biggest in music or with young fans? Because even then that wouldn’t be true

Dynamite James

The Main attraction
Daps
Reppin
You know
Pac buzz was EVERYWHERE. He was in movies, news, and TV shows (A Different World), etc before he went to Death Row and when he came to Death Row, he took over Death Row and Snoop was in Pac's shadow and said something a lot.

Snoop wasn't the same after Dre left
There was a period of time when people knew more about Pac as an actor, his court cases etc than his actual music

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
:mjlol:

Snoop Dogg been an international brand for at least a quarter of an century…. At the very least since the next episode dropped….. the fact that you’re NOT American, and probably not black on top of it…. Validates that you don’t know what the fukk you are talking about….

yes. great lawgik. for everyone who didn't finish school.

We’ve been influencing global culture for a century at least… we know what it is… Pac was only with death row for like a year….. and Jadakiss said it perfectly when he said dead rappers get better promotion….

tupac .. dead rapper ... and not even a great one at that .. outsold snoop dog.

snoop couldn't even outsell the ghost of pac :mjlol:

tupac will smith'd snoop's numbers without even trying.