Twitter debate over who was the bigger star: Snoop Doggy Dogg or 2pac?

Higher Tech

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gary, Indiana
During Snoop's apex in 93, he was the biggest hip hop act in the world by a longshot. By 95 when Pac was spittin at cameras, all that attention was turning towards Pac. By the time Pac died (Before his death) he was bigger than Snoop. People were polarized by Pac.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV

god shamgod

Veteran
Daps
You have to actually be old enough to remember this era. If you weren’t your opinion irrelevant

Snoop was bigger from 93-94, pac from 95-96 & biggie was bigger than both or at least neck & neck in ‘95. I was in high school back then, copped all their albums 1st day you can’t tell me shyt

Roger king

Superstar
Daps
they are both legends of the game with classic records stop the comparison just appreciate the two artists and thier records

GooPunch

Pro
Daps
A fair amount of people are saying 96 was the year Pac passed him, but I think it was probably some time around 95. I remember the build up to MATW and it was huge. Instant #1 when it drops and Pac goes to jail. That whole storyline was HUGE at the time. Not to mention Pac generally stayed in the news pretty much every damn day that whole time, was in movies, etc.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
During Snoop's apex in 93, he was the biggest hip hop act in the world by a longshot.

no. he was a side-man to dre which meant dre was bigger.

snoop was a big selling side-kick rapper in dre's new entourage but he was not a recognisable star outside of hip hop.

snoop was like robin to dre's batman.

if there was no dre, the would be no snoop. everyone knew that and that diminished snoop's individual star power.

By 95 when Pac was spittin at cameras, all that attention was turning towards Pac. By the time Pac died (Before his death) he was bigger than Snoop. People were polarized by Pac.

even when the snoop's biography film comes out, you know the lead protagonist will be the one playing dre :mjlol:

sideman in your own biography :picard:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
I knew I would come in here and see nikkas talking about Snoop like he was an underground rapper and not one of the most famous and recognizable people on the planet:dead:

:mjlol: at people outside of rap recognising snoop in '93.

where do people get these ideas from?

breh said "on the planet" :mjlol: meanwhile despite all that "global A list" star power, the best acting roles snoop could get were as a wheelchair bound crook and a snitching pimp.

dre. outdid side-man snoop (again) by getting a proper role (training day).

Daps
Reppin
NULL
stan george michael too brehs :dame:

you must really try the paraphrasing thing.

thread ~title: "twitter debate over who was the bigger star"

tupac record sales > snoop

tupac acting > snoop

tupac star power > snoop

You self check…. No more attention needed

Starboy52

Superstar
Daps
Wait, are we talking in the moment or all time? Because answers may vary depending on which one