Twitter debate over who was the bigger star: Snoop Doggy Dogg or 2pac?

zayk35

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Escondido California
and pac was pushed by hollywood glitterati and on the cover of rolling stones, time.

across the world more people will know of pac than snoop.

lucas wanted tupac to play windu in star wars ...

progress in his murder case just made headline news across the world.

dead tupac STILL outsells living snoop :hubie:

"The discography of American rapper Tupac Shakur consists of 11 studio albums. Throughout his career and posthumously, Shakur sold more than 75 million records worldwide.[1][2] He has scored 5 No. 1 albums on Billboard 200 and 8 No. 1 albums on Top R&B/Hip-Hop albums.[3] In 2001, Guinness World Records hailed him as the then Best-selling artist of rap in the US.[4] According to Recording Industry Association of America, he has sold 55.3 million albums and an additional 4 million under his alias Makaveli with "The Don Killuminati", making him the second best-selling hip-hop artist in history.[5]"

Yeah and about 40 million+ of those albums came after 96. Snoop was the most anticipated hip hop act in 93-94, but I know I'm speaking to Pac fans who were infants during that time period or weren't even born. Pac was always gonna be a bona-fide super star, but Snoop was a monster during Pac's rise.

badboys11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
M
Snoop easily.

The internet turned 2pac into a god/superhero after he died. A lot of people thought i get around was the new digital underground song when it first started playing on radio, and that was the second single off his second album. He wasnt known like that. Everybody under 20 had all eyez on me but he didnt even tour or do promo runs. Pac was the hottest rapper in the rap world summer of 96, snoop on the other hand was on the cover of news magazines like newsweek, his music was similar to nwa in the impact on american culture. Thanks to the murder trial being headline news everybody in the country knew who he was

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Yeah and about 40 million+ of those albums came after 96. Snoop was the most anticipated hip hop act in 93-94, but I know I'm speaking to Pac fans who were infants during that time period or weren't even born.

biggie >>>>>>>>. tupac

:camby:

Pac was always gonna be a bona-fide super star, but Snoop was a monster during Pac's rise.

i know i'm speaking to pac fans who were infants during that time period or weren't even born (yet)

:camby:

• Dap
Reactions: TEH

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
And Snoop was considered washed when he dropped Doggfather.
This is a stupid debate. They were both huge in their respective primes,

tupac's prime came after he died. he sold more albums after his death including his best selling diamond "greatest hits".

which for snoop was 93/94 and for pac was 95/96.

surpassingly to some tupac had two top 12 national chart singles in 1993.

not R&B or rap charts. the national charts.

boy was already leading hollywood movies.

tupac.png

snoop is a Dre support act and will be a support act in his own biography film :hubie:

i should listen through snoop's own recordings to find him talking about doing it "without dre" but those nolimit songs are torture :hubie:

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
surpassingly to some tupac had two top 12 national chart singles in 1993.

not R&B or rap charts. the national charts.

boy was already leading hollywood movies.

tupac.png

snoop is a Dre support act and will be a support act in his own biography film :hubie:

i should listen through snoop's own recordings to find him talking about doing it "without dre" but those nolimit songs are torture :hubie:
Did Tupacs album sell a million records in its first week in 1993?

Budda

Superstar
Daps
PAC is a phenomenon globally, he’s got murals of him in deep Latin America and parts of Africa, it’s not comparable, Sniop was the biggest rap star Pac turned into one of the biggest celebrity stars period, and his old work still outpeforms snoop till this very day

ThrobbingHood

Take from the b*tch, give to the whores.
Daps
I’m not even gonna read this whole thread. If you weren’t alive or were barely a foetus during the 90s, respectfully, STFU!

89-91- Ice Cube.
92-94- Dr Dre and Snoop.
Late 94- Early 95 - Biggie along with Wu Tang brought the East Coast back. Nas wasn’t there yet.
95-96- Tupac reached superstardom but his death leapt him into GOAT status.
97-98- Puffy and Mase ruled the airwaves. Everyone was trying to dress like them.
99-00- DMX was the guy. 3 straight number one albums.
00-02- Eminem was the biggest rap/pop star.
03-06- 50 Cent/ G-Unit was literally running rap. Only he and Snoop had the biggest rap debuts. It’s not even close. 50 was ubiquitous during his run.

After that, I stopped listening to rap. And no, Jay-Z was NEVER the number one guy in hip hop. Yes, Hardknock Life Vol 2/3 put him in the mainstream, but there was never a moment he WAS that guy. Don’t let his pairing up with Beyonce fool you. It just allowed him to be more palatable to the mainstream.

Source: someone who actually lived through that era.

ThrobbingHood

Take from the b*tch, give to the whores.
Daps
Like Quincy Jones and Michael Jackson… they both made history together. Literally changed the whole culture with their respective genres. Doggystyle was gangster rap’s Thriller.