Twitter debate over who was the bigger star: Snoop Doggy Dogg or 2pac?

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps
Breh, thanks for saving me the keystrokes. 2Pac was Blueface status before MATW dropped. He was more known for his antics than his music/acting. Rape charge, beating up directors, being robbed and shot, spitting at the press.

I remember my dad seeing him on tv saying “look at this clown bouncing out of the court like he’s someone.:mjlol:

:russ: :russ:

This further backs up to what I was saying, folks thought this dude was a joke/clown especially the black folks who were over 30 LMAO. My Dad was the same way until California Love

That upper class, middle class black crowd thought he was a clown.

That ED Gordon interview was something back in real time. Them black folk, our parents, some I will say, did not like Pac pre-prison.

Breh, you said a mouth full, LMAO, I remember them blacks over 35-60 crowd not feeling Pac lmao

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps
Another not, thinking back, black folks were different from how black folks are in 2023 Lol.

I always tell folks I lived in 2 different worlds. Black folks were very different in the 90s,

darryl

Superstar
Daps
@LadyJ2 a black woman hating on pac. bytch you got lotta fukking nerve. Yo ass should've been banned for talking shyt about black men recently

DaHNIC82

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Off The Cuff Radio/ScrewballRadio/BudeBoyEnt
Breh, thanks for saving me the keystrokes. 2Pac was Blueface status before MATW dropped. He was more known for his antics than his music/acting. Rape charge, beating up directors, being robbed and shot, spitting at the press.

I remember my dad seeing him on tv saying “look at this clown bouncing out of the court like he’s someone.” :mjlol:

Blueface? C'mon dude

So black people didn't play or watch

Keep ya head up.
Trapped
Brenda got a baby
I Get Around
Pour out a lil liquor
How long Did they Mourn me
Pain
Bury Me a G
Poetic Justice
Above The Rim?

Even Madonna wanted a feature from Pac in 93/94

Last edited:

King Poetic

R.I.P. GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
For the people who wasn’t around at the time and now looking back at tupac accomplishments

Snoop was bigger at the time..

Even with pac doing juice and above the rim, death row was running shyt and warren g came along and killed the soundtrack of above the rim..

Then u mix in biggie and wu tang clan and bone thugs and dr dre vs eazy beef,, tupac wasnt there yet

Tupac only had 96 and probably could have been longer if he stayed in the studio and stopped trying to be in the streets

85 East

DJ D'eeznuts
Daps
Pac was in a movie with Janet Jackson as her love interest. Pac was the biggest star on the planet before he passed. He was smashing Madonna. Snoop might be the most recognizable rapper alive today, but Pac was a way bigger star. Snoop didn't come into his own as a personality until the 2000's. He was still shy, nervous, and awkward. Pac was comfortable, and men wanted to emulate him. The image he created at 25 is on par with James Dean and he will forever be immortalized.

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
Blueface? C'mon dude

So black people didn't play or watch

Keep ya head up.
Trapped
Brenda got a baby
I Get Around
Pour out a lil liquor
How long Did they Mourn me
Pain
Bury Me a G
Poetic Justice
Above The Rim?

Even Madonna wanted a feature from Pac in 93/94
People in here trippin lol. You can say Snoop was bigger, but don’t play Pac like he was Redhead Kingpin status or some shyt :mjlol: I’m from Augusta, Ga and Pac was a big deal down here especially when Keep your head up came out. I can only imagine how big he was in these other places. One of my favorite collabs he ever did came out in 1993

Dude had a great run man. Don’t downplay it

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Nah Snoop was more famous initially

BUT

Pac was ascending at astronomical rate. I would say by 95. It was basically 1A and 1B at the point and Pac was still rising at the time of his death. But I always thought it was silly argument both were like the most popular artists of the era.

One thing I will say is that 2Pac because of his propensity for media and his Black panther background made him famous across a larger swath of people.

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
fukk no! Snoop always was the more household name. Pac became iconic after he passed away, Snoop is the rap poster child. PAC is a rap legend.

This is hard one for me because I have no idea what White households were like back in the '90s. I do kinda remember part of snoop's notoriety back then was because white folks thought he had a funny sounding stage name (snoop doggy dogg).

DarkmanX

All Star
Daps
Pac was in a movie with Janet Jackson as her love interest. Pac was the biggest star on the planet before he passed. He was smashing Madonna. Snoop might be the most recognizable rapper alive today, but Pac was a way bigger star. Snoop didn't come into his own as a personality until the 2000's. He was still shy, nervous, and awkward. Pac was comfortable, and men wanted to emulate him. The image he created at 25 is on par with James Dean and he will forever be immortalized.

Only reason he "dated" Madonna was cuz he hung with Haitan Jack. Haitian Jack used to supply her and maybe even fukk her. Not sure what it has to do with how famous someone is either.

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
came to say 2pac but yall put dates on the cap

snoop was bigger at the moment

yall just continently cut off the best 2pac parts though