Twitter debate over who was the bigger star: Snoop Doggy Dogg or 2pac?

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
Musically Snoop was bigger until AEOM

I feel like PAC’s fukkery outside of music is what had his name ringing more then the music before then.

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
tupac's prime came after he died. he sold more albums after his death including his best selling diamond "greatest hits".

surpassingly to some tupac had two top 12 national chart singles in 1993.

not R&B or rap charts. the national charts.

boy was already leading hollywood movies.

tupac.png

snoop is a Dre support act and will be a support act in his own biography film :hubie:

i should listen through snoop's own recordings to find him talking about doing it "without dre" but those nolimit songs are torture :hubie:
Revisionist History

How old are you?

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
this a debate I wouldn’t entertain unless I knew the age of those involved…if you weren’t around that time tho, then you minus whale stfu

shiiid when my uncles heard this for the first time...they went to a bootleg stash

said he remade county blues...

he had a bootleg before doggystyle... n said ratta-tat-tat was originally mickey mouse..

95d530b88682ba1922f86b40412e4b35.1000x1000x1.jpg

BzK99Au.png

shopthatwrecks

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
Revisionist History

How old are you?
he forgettin pac needed a snoop stimulus never the other way around

u cant find one snoop album or soundtrack that death row released for snoop..that has pac rappin

like above the rim...gridlock'd gang related...all eyes on me

• Dap
Reactions: TEH

shopthatwrecks

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
Early pac was black famous (Juice, Poetic Justice,) but Snoop was crossover famous at that time.
its footage of people reactin to juice at hbcu from back then.. everybody leavin the movie on some what the fukk was this shyt lol

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps
its footage of people reactin to juice at hbcu from back then.. everybody leavin the movie on some what the fukk was this shyt lol

I remembered as a kid, I was in spaces where black folks mingled, Your HBCU campuses, the hood parties, family reunions, and that movie if I am being honest wasn't in Black folks top 5 movies to go run and go see when it came out.

shopthatwrecks

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
tupac's prime came after he died. he sold more albums after his death including his best selling diamond "greatest hits".

surpassingly to some tupac had two top 12 national chart singles in 1993.

not R&B or rap charts. the national charts.

boy was already leading hollywood movies.

tupac.png

snoop is a Dre support act and will be a support act in his own biography film :hubie:

i should listen through snoop's own recordings to find him talking about doing it "without dre" but those nolimit songs are torture :hubie:
nuthin but trouble- dan akyrod leading role
juice- omar epps leading role
above the rim- duane martin leading role
poetic justice- janet jackson leading role ( ppl went to see janet jackson actin in the ghetto for the first time since good times)
bullet- mickey rourke leading role
gang related -jim belushi
gridlockd - the only movie he shared about the same amount screentime with somebody

pac was scottie pippen to snoops robert horry when it came to movies...

ThrobbingHood

Take from the b*tch, give to the whores.
Daps
nuthin but trouble- dan akyrod leading role
juice- omar epps leading role
above the rim- duane martin leading role
poetic justice- janet jackson leading role ( ppl went to see janet jackson actin in the ghetto for the first time since good times)
bullet- mickey rourke leading role
gang related -jim belushi
gridlockd - the only movie he shared about the same amount screentime with somebody

pac was scottie pippen to snoops robert horry when it came to movies...
Breh, thanks for saving me the keystrokes. 2Pac was Blueface status before MATW dropped. He was more known for his antics than his music/acting. Rape charge, beating up directors, being robbed and shot, spitting at the press.

I remember my dad seeing him on tv saying “look at this clown bouncing out of the court like he’s someone.” :mjlol:

shopthatwrecks

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
I remembered as a kid, I was in spaces where black folks mingled, Your HBCU campuses, the hood parties, family reunions, and that movie if I am being honest wasn't in Black folks top 5 movies to go run and go see when it came out.
u tellin the truth... like i aint realize it was a horror movie til somebody pointed it out a couple yrs ago..forget everything i knew about it ...

.went back to watch it.. n :ohhh:

will i go back n watch it again now.. nah...

DarkmanX

All Star
Daps
so .... someone has to explain the world to you

newsweek :mjlol: 2nd rate non-elites mag. Time is the one buddy. you will never see the "great covers of newsweek magazine"

rolling stones has snoop as dre's sideman :mjlol:which is what i have been saying all along.

this is what happens when YOU are the star

850f2e3d9218ed8d0706676dd2853121.jpg

"vibe"? we are talking mainstream fame :camby:

NOTE: this cover is famous for a reason. no one cares what newsweek thinks

time-cover-poy.jpg

a breh really has to explain the news journal hierarchy in here :picard::francis:

Question, did the 2pac cover come out while he was alive or after he died :francis:

Just curious

shopthatwrecks

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
Breh, thanks for saving me the keystrokes. 2Pac was Blueface status before MATW dropped. He was more known for his antics than his music/acting. Rape charge, beating up directors, being robbed and shot, spitting at the press.

I remember my dad seeing him on tv saying “look at this clown bouncing out of the court like he’s someone.” :mjlol:
blueface disrespectful...i cant name one blueface song or album..

pac had albums and songs..

he's da baby...both these nikkas stay in shyt..they have songs and albums thats decent...one didnt get shot and have kids...the other got shot n dont have kids...one is in a era where nikkas dont buy records.. the other was in a era where nikkas bought everything

one cant have hennesey without a enemey the other raps the same style every song lol

ThrobbingHood

Take from the b*tch, give to the whores.
Daps
blueface disrespectful...i cant name one blueface song or album..

pac had albums and songs..

he's da baby...both these nikkas stay in shyt..they have songs and albums thats decent...one didnt get shot and have kids...the other got shot n dont have kids...one is in a era where nikkas dont buy records.. the other was in a era where nikkas bought everything

one cant have hennesey without a enemey the other raps the same style every song lol
Fair enough. I couldn’t think of a better comparison as I haven’t listened to rap in over a decade. I just see Blueface’s name pop up for BS constantly.

DarkmanX

All Star
Daps
it says it on the cover ...terrible saga :russ:

Lol im aware bro

I love both but Snoop was definitely the bigger star. Prolly raps commercially biggest star ever at the time. 2pac was bigger in 96 but u cant really count anything after cuz him and Biggie ironically got much bigger in death.

Snoop didnt even have an album for 3 years and was still the biggest dude out. Think about that.