'Twisters' (dir. by Lee Isaac Chung) | Starring Daisy Edgar-Jones, Glen Powell | Official Trailer (7/19)

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I can't find a single article about this.

Ask anyone from the South or has been through a natural disaster and they'll tell you those things do happen. It's why I say that a lot of things in the movie actually do happen to a certain extent. That aspect is definitely one of them.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
This was a lot better than I thought it would be. I just thought it was a quick cash grab with some hot new stars, but you can tell they tried to really develop a central character with a believable arc. I also think a lot of research went into the science part, but I don't really know that for sure, but it sure seem plausible for the most part. Very entertaining, but still doesn't quite top the original. 8/10 for me.

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Why they try to make the realtor the bad guy when these people are getting paid.

They make it seem nefarious, but logically... It's the best way to help people. We don't know how much he's profiting off people, because he was already an established realtor.

For all we know, he could be losing money or had some elaborate story behind it all.
Honestly wasn’t a necessary plot point at all.

Killah Ray

Carolina hail to thee....
Daps
Saw it in 4dx movie was mid as fukk story wise, but shyt was damn near like a roller coaster at times and was fun as hell to watch…

Givethanks

Superstar
Daps
The movie was sick, I love natural disaster movies, they never get old. Especially big budget ones.

My ass forgot to never judge a book by its cover, when I first seen Tyler I thought "MAGA Trump 2024 'cism
:mjpls:

but by the end I was like shyt was I wrong
:mjlol:

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Tried watching the original Twister and it doesn't really hold up. I hadn't watched it since maybe the 90s. Not terrible but kinda bland now.
Saw it in 4dx movie was mid as fukk story wise, but shyt was damn near like a roller coaster at times and was fun as hell to watch…
Yeah I saw in 4DX too. Was a fun experience I suppose.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Was it better than Part 1? No because that Cast in Part 1 was too dope but it was a fire sequel. It matched the energy and feel of the original. I thought Glen Powell killed it in his performance. The Tornado action was dope too, it was spread out nicely. The only compliant I have is I wasn't really felling the "Weather Teams" were as part 1 had two dope teams. I liked Glen Powell's team but not the "Corporate" team per say. But really good sequel and I'm not shocked it's doing well at the Box Office, that's how beloved the original was. "Twister" is a Classic, you had to be there in 96 to know how big it was. Only "Independence Day" was bigger. (Ironically the independence Day Sequel underperformed without Will Smith but this film is doing well without returning characters). There was a scene where I felt Helen Hunt could have made a cameo but I guess these are just different characters. But again really good sequel, sets up "Twister 3" perfectly.

220px-Twisters_Official_US_Theatrical_Poster.jpg

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Was it better than Part 1? No because that Cast in Part 1 was too dope but it was a fire sequel. It matched the energy and feel of the original. I thought Glen Powell killed it in his performance. The Tornado action was dope too, it was spread out nicely. The only compliant I have is I wasn't really felling the "Weather Teams" were as part 1 had two dope teams. I liked Glen Powell's team but not the "Corporate" team per say. But really good sequel and I'm not shocked it's doing well at the Box Office, that's how beloved the original was. "Twister" is a Classic, you had to be there in 96 to know how big it was. Only "Independence Day" was bigger. (Ironically the independence Day Sequel underperformed without Will Smith but this film is doing well without returning characters). There was a scene where I felt Helen Hunt could have made a cameo but I guess these are just different characters. But again really good sequel, sets up "Twister 3" perfectly.

220px-Twisters_Official_US_Theatrical_Poster.jpg
The scene in the barn where the mom randomly showed up to talk to Kate right?

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
The scene in the barn where the mom randomly showed up to talk to Kate right?

Yeah, ol' girl character could have easily been her daughter. She even dressed like her. It was a layup because Helen Hunt could have said her Father (Bill Paxton) died Storm Chasing and she didn't want her to do it but the Daughter goes against her wishes. Anyways, it wouldn't have been a big part but they could have fit her in this story. But as soon as the Mom popped out, I was like, yep she could have been in this. There was some continuity though because they used the same '"Tornado Measuring" equiptment from part 1.