'Twisters' (dir. by Lee Isaac Chung) | Starring Daisy Edgar-Jones, Glen Powell | Official Trailer (7/19)

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
it was aight. Nothing wrong with the cinematography, but I don't feel like i got my IMAX experience from this movie. In fact, there were points where the music took over scenes and was a little distracting.

One of the good things was they actually had some likeable characters. Glen Powell's character was very charismatic and likeable.

One thing i didn't like was they treated tornados kinda like the dinosaurs in those Starlord Jurassic Park movies. Like they were not dangerous and you could just be out there with them and damn near petting the tornados.

This is definitely a turn your brain off type of movie.
That’s the point of storm chasers though. That part was totally believable.

A lot of parts in that movie actually do happen to a certain extent in real life.

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
less pandering and algorithmic targeting too. 90's movies were weirder because studios and writers were less concerned with what exact audiences wanted. and of course studios copied each other. Think of something like

Conspiracy Theory: mid budget adult thriller with two major stars, about a paranoid cab driver and a Justice Department lawyer, who wanted this movie?

8mm: dark and weird Joel Shumacher movie with major star as a private detective tracking a snuff film. Who asked for that?

yet they were in their time, fukking dope. and somewhat original and weird, and not trying to please anyone.
Movies made their profits in DVD sales back then. They didnt care much about opening weekend box office.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Saw the movie in 4DX for first time. Was a pretty fun experience. Didn't know for sure what to expect and the audience seemed to enjoy it too. It was a little distracting at times but I can't say it wasn't a unique experience.

As far as the movie goes, pretty solid for a disaster summer blockbuster. Had good pacing, no dumb subplots, no gay shyt. There's only so much you can do with tornados but overall it's a solid flick.

And I'm glad they didn't bring in a old af Helen Hunt and shyt. Didn't need it. Movie worked well on its own.

7/10

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Man I hated this white bullshyt. They really forced this Kate-Tyler love connection. And the storm wranglers in general. “Oh they really care”. fukk outta here :camby:. These hick mofos were sending fireworks up tornadoes for YouTube clicks. But “they have heart” :skip::beli:. This man Tyler followed her to her house and it was just played off like it was normal behavior :aicmon:. They didn’t give Javi a fair one

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
GSJ6KlxX0AAW28j
Look at Javi in the poster smfh. I just noticed him. This was the movie

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
I liked it :ehh:
Actions scenes were great,…the rest was good enough to keep me engaged.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
Seen people talkin bout this on reddit. Never heard of this movie. (from 2014) Trailer looks fire. Bout to watch it now.