'Twisters' (dir. by Lee Isaac Chung) | Starring Daisy Edgar-Jones, Glen Powell | Official Trailer (7/19)

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Saw the movie in 4DX for first time. Was a pretty fun experience. Didn't know for sure what to expect and the audience seemed to enjoy it too. It was a little distracting at times but I can't say it wasn't a unique experience.

As far as the movie goes, pretty solid for a disaster summer blockbuster. Had good pacing, no dumb subplots, no gay shyt. There's only so much you can do with tornados but overall it's a solid flick.

And I'm glad they didn't bring in a old af Helen Hunt and shyt. Didn't need it. Movie worked well on its own.

7/10
Paxton son Is in the movie somewhere

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
Paxton son Is in the movie somewhere

His character is the one at the Motel near the Rodeo, where he is complaining to the Manager while his Girlfriend is filing her nails; both of them run into the vehicle and its gets sucked into the tornado.

twisters-james-paxton.jpg

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Started okay but got bored with it by the end

Powell has it. Jones is terrible.

The ending was terrible

taker597

Superstar
Daps
Man I hated this white bullshyt. They really forced this Kate-Tyler love connection. And the storm wranglers in general. “Oh they really care”. fukk outta here :camby:. These hick mofos were sending fireworks up tornadoes for YouTube clicks. But “they have heart” :skip::beli:. This man Tyler followed her to her house and it was just played off like it was normal behavior :aicmon:. They didn’t give Javi a fair one
Why they try to make the realtor the bad guy when these people are getting paid.

They make it seem nefarious, but logically... It's the best way to help people. We don't know how much he's profiting off people, because he was already an established realtor.

For all we know, he could be losing money or had some elaborate story behind it all.

Child_Of_God

Love is a long road.
Daps
Reppin
Washington D.C.
Movie was alright. I didn’t like how the storm wranglers were portrayed as righteous and good when for the most part all they actually cared about was getting social media likes and views and acting like a bunch of hillbilly jackasses with their crazy antics.

Super creepy how Tyler followed Kate home as well.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Why they try to make the realtor the bad guy when these people are getting paid.

They make it seem nefarious, but logically... It's the best way to help people. We don't know how much he's profiting off people, because he was already an established realtor.

For all we know, he could be losing money or had some elaborate story behind it all.
Because people like him are the bad guy.

Pay off the locals to give up their land in taking advantage of the situation and then repurposing the land and profiting from it by jacking up the price and pricing out the people that come behind them or the people that choose to stay.

There's a reason why those Maui locals were terrified about realtors coming in and pricing them out of their homes and it happens more often then you think.

Some people just don't realize it because they don't have to worry about it happening to them.

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
It was cool for what it is, saw it in 4DX too. I didn't get bored like I expected. I would have liked to have seen cows and other animals being hurled in the air though lol.

I haven't seen the OG Twister for many years so don't remember much about it to make a comparison to this one.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
Because people like him are the bad guy.

Pay off the locals to give up their land in taking advantage of the situation and then repurposing the land and profiting from it by jacking up the price and pricing out the people that come behind them or the people that choose to stay.

There's a reason why those Maui locals were terrified about realtors coming in and pricing them out of their homes and it happens more often then you think.

Some people just don't realize it because they don't have to worry about it happening to them.
I can't find a single article about this.