Tv shows you dont know how anyone watched:Fraiser

bnew

Veteran
Daps
I watched Cheers, Fraiser and Wings, too.

Don't know why anyone watched Monk, though. Maybe I've just known too many old ass fake nice hypochondriacs who swear they're smarter than they actually are.

My Brother and I watched Monk as a kid. Tony Shalhoub is funny especially on The Marvelous Mrs. Maisal.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Exactly, but I won't front, I liked Frasier and still do. It has clever writing to me and the juxtaposition between the dad's way of life and his 2 sons pompous lifestyles made for some good laughs. But I also get the sentiment if this thread.

Now MASH, that was my Ambien. shyt would come on at 11:00and I was fukking out. Damn near soon as them horns went off my eyes were droopping.

I never could get into MASH, it would air on sundays and we didn't have cable so PBS was the only decent channel until like 4 or 5pm.

ECA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Home Improvement aged like bananas, I've gotten more into episodic procedural type content while in quarantine but I still can't fukk with NCIS or Law and Order or Criminal Minds or what have you.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Thanks you. Add “Everybody loves Raymond” and “Friends.” :hhh:

I watched both but Friends was way funnier. I haven't tried watching "everybody loves raymond" as an adult but i've sat through a few friends episodes, still funny.:ehh:

bnew

Veteran
Daps
As a kid, these were trash status. After I became grown, I watched an episode each of both these shows. I now see why people watched them :russ:. Kept my interest the whole episode. Would have watched a marathon if I didn't have to leave the house.

i use to watch matlock and columbo as a kid, I think they were reruns. My impression from both shows was like your wife will eventually kill you to get all your money instead of divorcing you.:hamster:

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Facts facts facts

NCIS, CSI, law an order, all them shyts. Corny ass cop shows been dominating primetime on network tv all my life and I hated all this shyt

I agree except for one, I watched law and order especially the criminal intent ones with Vincent D'Onofrio. I remember liking the episode with ludacris and there was a law and order sex crimes depicting chris brown, there was a scene where the actor portraying a chris brown like celebrity was in a restaurant when cops came to arrest him and he was like "yo, call my jew, CALL MY JEW" :mjlol::francis::snoop:

dabestkeptsecret

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
jerz
Great thread:lolbron:
- whenever the theme song for mash came on as a kid. I knew it was time to turn the tv off. i was legit :wtf: finding out that it was one of the most popular shows ever, and it was also a comedy :dahell:
- king of queens was the only funny cbs comedy i could get with. Everything else is :camby:
- and imo modern family was also weak. I could see it as decent background tv. But ive never even cracked a smile with that show.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Anyone remember as a kid turning to C-SPAN by accident? :damn:

And I remember as a kid turning to Fox to see if there were any games or if the Simpsons were on but instead it would be Nascar, and every single time (every single damn time) they would be talking about "Bobby Labonte" until I quickly changed the channel. I couldn't even tell you who or what he looks like, but they stayed talking about Bobby Labonte.:damn:

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
LOL this is a funny thread because I just started watching Frasier a couple months ago when I got Peacock. Never had any interest in it as a kid, but now that I'm older I can appreciate that brand of cac humor. Binged Cheers not too long ago, so that's what made me give Frasier a chance.

And they ain't British bruh, and the chick is British and not French:russ:
But I did think Frasier was British as a kid, they just bougie and pompous af
Season 2 dialogue writing is among some of the best in sitcom history. Fell off during season 3 and I never watched again lol