Tua Tagavailoa signs massive four-year extension

supertrekker

Superstar
Daps
Jordan Love pretty much just got the same deal :heh:

50M's a year is about to be the new normal for QB's

Daniel Jones could've been the one where this shyt stopped... but them giving him 40M's a year only contributed to the problem...and effectively made it worse
No different than a starting pitcher in MLB now. A half ass one will get close to $20 million per to pitch 6 innings tops per every 5 games.

Last edited:

supertrekker

Superstar
Daps
NFL brehs help me out, is there an NFL salary cap?

Would a big contract hinder the Dolphins getting other good players on their team kind of like the NBA?
No it's their incompetent owner and GM that hinder this team from getting good players.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

The initial reports indicate the deal is worth $212.4 million with $167 million guaranteed — good for an average annual value of $53.1 million.

I don't get the hate for Tua. Throws nice deep passes, and that Lefty deep throw looks nice. They're a key player away from knocking off the Chiefs.

Has been ass in the playoffs.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
True, his production may hinge on MIA having a competent GM, but they're modeled after the Niners. Kind of the same criticism that Purdy gets.
I think Tua is better than Purdy, but I'm happy you made that comparison. Both of them will have to prove themselves if they ever get to the point of having to lead their offenses sans all world talent. We know Mahones can do it.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Miami really needs to clean up the offensive line. The #18th ranked offensive line in the league, not even counting their injury history won't cut it.

Terron Armstead cannot be the best player protecting your $50 mil/year QB. It's crazy that these GM's will spend that much on their signal caller but then not protect their investment. The Chiefs may not have the best tackles, but they have the best interior offensive line in the NFL with easily the best center and we know Andy Reid's coaching background as an offensive line coach.

Miami completely dropped the ball this draft when this was one of the best OL drafts of all-time going into the third round. I do like their 2nd round Tackle, but they should've double dipped in the first two rounds.

Last edited:

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
NFL brehs help me out, is there an NFL salary cap?

Would a big contract hinder the Dolphins getting other good players on their team kind of like the NBA?
Yes and yes

But unlike the nba you can cut people whenever you want and contracts are not guaranteed only the signing bonus is