Tua Tagavailoa signs massive four-year extension

Daps
Reppin
NULL
The QB market is nearing Sam Bradford rookie deal status....in all reality, they should've devalued QB contracts before RB contracts cause now you're effectively guaranteeing that a mid tier QB will make $50M/yr because that's what the market dictates.
In the current QB market, that Baker deal looking like a steal

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
The hardest thing for nfl teams is to move off the good(but will never be great) QB
Well that's because all the QB's better than the good but not great QB are already on teams and have deals.

Let's say you the GM...and the owner comes in and tells you he not paying Tua the money he want and your job is to trade Tua, while getting a qb AT LEAST as good as Tua on the team right now, because the team is built to win right now. Who is the QB you are going to get and how are you going to get them?

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
Tua has the stats that said he should be in that 50 million plus range. Like he said the market is the market. And someone else would pay him that if he hit free agency. And the Dolphins searched for years for a replacement for Marino. Like it or not he's the best they have had since him and his production is on par or better with other QB's who have gotten paid.

Street Knowledge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
This is the very problem with the "don't pay tua" crowd. What are your options? Skylar Thompson???

Cheetah ain't getting younger so there's no way they waste this team putting the keys in the hands of a rookie qb.

Also for ppl who watch the games, just remember how much the dolphins offense fell off a cliff when Tua was out.

This silly narrative that "anyone" can run this offense shows me plenty ppl do not watch games nor understand what they are watching.

He's elevated his game every yr he's been in the league. Let's see how he looks with another year in the offense.
Any top 20 QB can throw to Tyreek and get dominated by good teams/defenses

Street Knowledge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Yeah, problem is these franchises can go from a good QB to bad QB, mid QB then another bad QB for decades. I can't even remember the last time Washington had a QB on Tua's level. When a team loses their engine, it gets sad.

A GM makes a bad decision and their job is gone vs having a QB that can keep a window open and give them chances to stack personnel to finish the job. I think the latter is the case here.

We've seen QB's get labeled as "decent" their whole career until they're good enough to win something.
Because most teams aren’t really trying to win the championship, they’re trying not to suck and save their jobs. You don’t really get fired for going 9-7.

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
Jordan Love pretty much just got the same deal :heh:

50M's a year is about to be the new normal for QB's

Daniel Jones could've been the one where this shyt stopped... but them giving him 40M's a year only contributed to the problem...and effectively made it worse

supertrekker

Superstar
Daps

The initial reports indicate the deal is worth $212.4 million with $167 million guaranteed — good for an average annual value of $53.1 million.

I don't get the hate for Tua. Throws nice deep passes, and that Lefty deep throw looks nice. They're a key player away from knocking off the Chiefs.
Ya they're a key player away at every position including quarterback. :snoop:

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
NFL brehs help me out, is there an NFL salary cap?

Would a big contract hinder the Dolphins getting other good players on their team kind of like the NBA?