Tua Tagavailoa signs massive four-year extension

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Tua is already one of the best QBs in Dolphins franchise history. Better to secure your franchise QB and solidify that side of the ball.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jordan love right now:
tenor.gif

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
who can they get better than tua?
Tua is the best qb they have had since Dan marino, its not that easy
Washington let Kirk walk after 2017 and haven't come close to replacing him, if Daniels flops it'll be an entire decade of QB limbo that's distinctly worse than whatever ceiling Kirk had.

Tua has his limitations, he's a lot like Goff where he's not gonna improvise or create off-script and bad weather tanks him - but he's proven to be accurate, decisive, and when he's on the field his offenses produce and he wins games. You gotta continue to roll with that until a proven upgrade becomes available (rare) and just hope you get some luck with homefield, especially when he's still only 26.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
It's an overpay for Tua Can'tthrowincoldweather but at the same time it's way easier to downgrade at QB than it is to upgrade so if you get an actual starting caliber QB you need to keep them

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The QB market is nearing Sam Bradford rookie deal status....in all reality, they should've devalued QB contracts before RB contracts cause now you're effectively guaranteeing that a mid tier QB will make $50M/yr because that's what the market dictates.

I was for sure the Dolphins would be the team to finally fall on the sword,and tell a QB "no".

But apparently teams are going to keep going with this "next man up" nonsense for QBs. How about spreading the money around and letting the floor raise for other positions ? Rather than keep giving mediocre qbs all the extra money left in the cap:mjlol:?

Running backs cant get paid,pretty sure Tight ends still dont make shyt. Kelce probably still making 15 million a year lol. Nobody has topped Aaron Donalds contract at DT,despite it being "next man up" supposedly.

BucciMane

Kristina Schulman Bro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Real Titletown
They didn’t have much of a choice when you have Hill and Waddle at their points in their careers.

Had to give him a big deal.

BucciMane

Kristina Schulman Bro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Real Titletown
The QB market is nearing Sam Bradford rookie deal status....in all reality, they should've devalued QB contracts before RB contracts cause now you're effectively guaranteeing that a mid tier QB will make $50M/yr because that's what the market dictates.

Well, considering QB is far and away the most important position, it makes complete sense.

I would not be opposed to a QB’s contract not counting against the cap though.

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
Well, considering QB is far and away the most important position, it makes complete sense.

It's at the point where they're about to establish that being a starting QB in the NFL = $50M/yr floor salary.

We've actively seen other positions salaries be suppressed to funnel money to QB's, and we're 2-3 offseasons from that being a reality.

calh45

Cal
Daps

They're literally siphoning money away from the other players regardless of if the other player is more important aka Jones vs Saquon.

I don't think they'll ever do uncapped for QB because the owners won't go for that. To me, the best way for them to do it is to make it so if any player of 5 years at the same team their contract should only count for 60% of it's value towards the cap and if they're 7 years or longer then 50% of it's value towards the cap.....and if they make it to 10 then 30% of value. It an incentive to keep and develop veterans around the QB. It's fine if Pat and Joe and Lamar and Josh........and maybe Herbert get those contracts, but those other cats ain't propping up a team at all yet tanking the ability to pay for players.