Tua Tagavailoa signs massive four-year extension

VegetasHairline

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
CACS
Since Dan Marino retired before the 2000 season, the Dolphins have struggled at quarterback. Twenty-five players, including Tagovailoa, have started at least one game for the Dolphins since the turn of the century. Only one of those players, 2012 first-round pick Ryan Tannehill, had signed a multiyear extension with the team.

MoshpitMazi

Moshpit Gxng/ Anti Fash
Daps
Reppin
Stone Mountain GA
At the end of the day, it's very easy to replace a good QB with a bad QB, but it's very difficult to replace a good QB with a better QB.

Nobody knows you're good enough to win a Super Bowl, until you win a Super Bowl.

Like I said in the other thread, there are no Super QB prospects for the next three years. Most teams are basically set at QB. I like the move for the Dolphins to basically tell their guy to go out there and try to get it done. Focus should be on OL next.
Yup and real talk all that draft a Rookie QB to reset salary cap is not the wave bc these new nikkas mid other than CJ and Brock. The only team to really do it right at QB is the niners

VegetasHairline

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
CACS
Yup and real talk all that draft a Rookie QB to reset salary cap is not the wave bc these new nikkas mid other than CJ and Brock. The only team to really do it right at QB is the niners
The 49ers lucked out with Brock Purdy. That was an anomaly. Purdy bailed them out from that awful decision to give up all those picks to move up and draft Trey Lance.

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
Ohtani says otherwise
Ohtani's deal is the new Bonilla deal...it will not age well
Dude is probably 4th maybe even 5th best in their history.
:mjlol:
I think Tua is better than Purdy, but I'm happy you made that comparison. Both of them will have to prove themselves if they ever get to the point of having to lead their offenses sans all world talent. We know Mahones can do it.
Miami has a generational receiver and a RB who had a career year at an anomaly age, meaning he's a product of the system. They are not matching the Niners' talent.

broller

Veteran
Daps
NFL brehs help me out, is there an NFL salary cap?

Would a big contract hinder the Dolphins getting other good players on their team kind of like the NBA?

Yeah, there's a hard cap. So you can't get around it like the NBA.

So yeah, this will hurt them in terms of paying other players.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Miami has a generational receiver and a RB who had a career year at an anomaly age, meaning he's a product of the system. They are not matching the Niners' talent.
Whatever. He has a good base of offensive talent. Not that deep. I couldn't care less about the Dolphins or Niners.